Page 3 of 235 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in hite suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by DarylWashington View Post
    Racist white people, EVERYWHERE!
    No racist black people anywhere, ever, never will be, can't happen, no way, don't exist.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    Sigh. Gonna make a final post on this. I've seen it said that the kid in Sanford was murdered because he was black. For all we know he came at the guy with the gun, or the guy panicked, or he misfired. There is only one witness, and we dont have his story. What we do know is he called the 911 both before and after the incident, and surrendered himself to authorities.

Everyone is making it a race thing. Maybe it's a "nervous old man who never should have had a gun in the first place" thing. We dont know.

Because it was a young black kid killed its a race crime, with an intrenational outcry. Petitions being filed from across the water etc.

So sick of the political correct hypocrisy. Noone is saying the cab driver was shot because he was white. He was shot because an asshole with a gun got in his cab. THATS my point.

Instead of all this race bullshit, do whatever it takes to get these assholes off the street. You guys are passing petitions from across the water, next we'll have Sharpton or Jackson screaming for the guys head. How about we see what the police end up with first? They have the shooter and they will give the results of their investigation. I'd sure like to see 1/10th of this effort applied to get this asshole in Charlotte.
    The reason this IS a race thing, is that if this situation was reversed and it was a 17 year old white boy who was shot, the black guy would be in jail already.

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmibi View Post
    The reason this IS a race thing, is that if this situation was reversed and it was a 17 year old white boy who was shot, the black guy would be in jail already.
    Well, they are investigating a neighborhood watch member, who called 911, and was involved in a shooting. There were also 911 calls to OPD about the 2 being involved in a struggle from other neighbors. When officers arrived, he had a bloody nose the youth was dead.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2078834.story

There is a witness who at first made a sworn statement confirming the neighborhood watch members story, but has since changed her story. So maybe, just maybe none of us know what happened and should let OPD and Sanford police do their job?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...0,559932.story

Is anyone actually surprised by this? White America...

I use to be a Goon. Now I'm a Pretty Bitch.

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz View Post
    Is anyone actually surprised by this? White America...
    Ryz, I would have to say that on Feb 26, 2012, America the melting pot was equally represented in Orlando area, with no race in particular taking the lead in crime.

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/fl-occ/2012-02-26/

Senior Member Silver Poster

new fashion in Usa kill as u wont go in the jail ,shocking ......horoble...no words

Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnb85 View Post
    I truly hope you are being sarcastic there. I'm really tired of the concept that racism can only go one way. As a white male who grew up in a fairly poor area of the deep south, I have seen way more than my share of racism. To this day, black-on-white crime is downplayed by the media, while white-on-black crime makes headlines every time.

As for this case, no one alive but Mr. Zimmerman knows the true story of what happened, but I have seen several news reports that say when police arrived on the scene, he was bleeding from his nose and the back of his head. That to me says that there was more than likely some sort of altercation before the shooting. I'm not saying this shooting was justified, just pointing out that if the races were reversed here that we would never have even heard about it in the first place.
    Right....if a black man shot and killed an unarmed white kid we wouldn't have heard anything about that. Seriously. Plus, you assume that just because we are having this discussion here that this particular murder made headlines. Did you know about it before the incident happened. Because according to you it must be getting publicity sinc we would have never heard a peep about it if a white kid was killed. Just like the news stations are so quick to report on missing black kids but never so much as mention missing white children. Boy oh boy, I never really knew stuff happened to white people until my white friends started giving me first-hand accounts, you know, because that stuff never makes the news.

Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    Racist of all colors everywhere. This thread could have been titled "Youth irrespoinsibly shot by overzealous Neighborhood Watch member", but it wasnt.

And your response could have been just "there are racists of all colors but that doesn't make it right." instead you stopped prematurely and opted to post a video about black people doing something equally stupid. What was your point again? That's right, there wasn't one.

Your response is like that of a child. You catch them doing something bad and they quickly point out that someone else did the same thing. News flash, both kids are wrong. The fact that racism, funny enough, is actually color blind doesn't speak to the issue. Unless of course your only form of argument is "you think what I did is bad? Wait until you see what HE did!"

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Who as a part of a Neighborhood Watch goes around with a SIDEARM?? A neighborhood watch is just that, you call in shit that looks suspicious. Like if you see someone who doesn't look like you neighbor trying to enter his house through the basement window.
    You don't go approach that person with a 9mm drawn and have a 'conversation'.

Mr. Zimmerman is at fault for at least exercising idiotic judgment and should have been charged with some form of manslaughter, voluntary or involuntary.

I'll tell you this, that White guy shot that Black teenager for no other reason than he was SCARED of his skin color.

There have been no reports that Mr. Zimmerman was assaulted by this kid, and why didn't he just draw his firearm overhead and fire off a couple rounds??? IMO that kid would have done what a million other teenagers would have; he would have turned his ass around, if he wasn't too afraid to move, and walked his ass back in the opposite direction.

The officers told Mr. Zimmerman NOT TO APPROACH the 'suspicious' individual, yet for some reason he felt obligated to do so.

IMO this is the case of a wannabe cop/neighborhood vigilante he should be allowed to cool down in a jail cell for about 10 years for being stupid.

I find it curious & a bit disturbing that whenever any kind of story resembling this one happens, the discussion devolves into a bunch of bullshit over what race has the higher percentage of racist assholes. Who gives a flyin' fuck? It's a total waste of time & effort for everybody, whether you're adding to the ad hominem sidetrack, or having to sift through all the irrelevant stupid (3 pages in 9 hours for this one so far) just to find out what happened. Just sayin'...

As for the case:
    It would appear there was a fight, although even that seems to be in dispute. Unless it's a preplanned sporting event or some such, all violence starts with an assault. Now the question is who was the assailant. All the law agencies seem to be staying tight lipped, except for the repudiation of the "eye witness" who's talking to the media. There's a time lag going on, but this case has been taken over by the State. I find that real interesting, & a reason to keep on top of this.

Regardless of what happens at any official level, or who says what, there's one fact that sticks out. Zimmerman's a fucking moron & probably shouldn't be armed.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~