Page 233 of 235 FirstFirst ... 133183223228229230231232233234235 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2347
    Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

What the fuck is an anti-racist!?!?!? Someone who advocates equality among humans? Someone who respects the basic rights of every other human? People can become apologists for just about any repugnant act, belief, or philosophy but one should just embrace their inclinations - why even try to justify it? You're just a bigot and a racist Trilisser. Accept it. And don't bother trying to justify it to people who have more sense, respect, and understanding of the human condition than you do.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Have you never read of black men and woman being dragged to death from the backs of pick up trucks?
    Yes, I have. But in the country I live in the situation is different and I would dare to say with 99.999 % certainty that not a single black man or a woman has been killed here for being black. In fact, I would say that my country is safer for a lone black man (or a woman) to wander around anywhere than any African country or any US state. Even the local skinheads do not pose a threat unless totally drunk.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

So your previous post referred entirely to multiculturalism, liberalism, conservatism, racism and "anti-racism" in your country?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Broncofan, it seems our cultural backgrounds are very different. The political atmosphere is my country is such that a fellow painted as a "racist" by the anti-racists would not be even invited to any U.S. "racist" pow-wow. I know plenty of people who e.g. do not want immigrants from Africa, yet not a single one of them would harm an African for just being African.

The reason why I painted such a negative picture of "anti-racists" is that in my country that group is a group of people who generally do not tolerate anyone dissenting with them. Most of them are Green and many of them are diehard Communists. This very group, by the way, is often very pro-Palestinian and thus anti-Jewish. And one of their primary targets is the freedom of speech.

For example, one activist was sentenced to 2 years and 4 months in prison for "defamation, inciting against a group of people and insulting the peace of religion". Yet, a drunk driver who killed an 11-year-old girl and caused lifetime injuries to her 16-year-old sister got only 2 years and 2 months. And our anti-racists are perfectly happy with this. Again: a jail sentence for having an opinion and daring to write it on the internet. So indeed my patience is very thin with this anti-racist group.

Regarding that girl with a swastika tattoo, would it have helped if she had swastika on her left arm and a star of David on the right?

I have to say that though I have a been a fan of the Tza'hal since I was 13 or so, I do not like certain organizations like the one in which Abe F. is involved in. Plus my wake-up alarm call on my phone is this (the very version):

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

You're so opaque about your background. I don't know if you're Israeli, European, etc. I disagree that because some leftists are pro-Palestinian they are anti-Jewish. Some may be anti-Jewish but not because they're pro-Palestinian.

I am sincerely hoping that you are not Israeli and complaining about immigrants from Africa. If a country wants to have a tight immigration policy that's quite different from barring entrants from certain regions because you think people specifically from that region are undesirable.

I agree with you that laws making racist incitement illegal do challenge freedom of speech. However, none of those laws could be passed in this country.

I think what runningdownthatdream said about anti-racists is helpful. Regardless of how fervent or zealous some may be in their views, what is it that they support? Equality before the law? It is much harder for that ethic to corrupt the legal process than its opposite.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Trilisser View Post
    Broncofan, it seems our cultural backgrounds are very different.
    How do I know that? I don't know what your background is. You're indicating you're Jewish or Israeli. If you are really Jewish, then you can tell me why with our cultural history you think some discrimination is okay? I'm not saying being Jewish is a glass house, but if you are not strongly opposed to racism, it might as well be.

Broncofan, I am Finnish. I do assume you are a citizen of the U.S.?

You ask that do I see anything wrong with the idea of equality before the law. No, I do not. However, in my country the situation has become such - thanks to these career anti-racists - that in practice minorities are more equal than the majority. Our capital city has an employment policy stating that a representative of a minority should be hired even if his qualifications for the job are slightly lower than the qualifications of the majority applicant. Yet, the anti-racist crowd is perfectly happy with this example of outright racial discrimination.

And is it a co-incidence that virtually all cases involving that notorious "peace of religion" clause involve cases of criticizing Islam? One member of parliament was convicted for breaching this clause for he wrote that Islam sanctifies child molesting as Muhammad shared the bed with a 9-year-old girl and to Moslems anything Muhammad did is holy and thus to be emulated. This conviction is shamelessly exploited by the anti-racist crowd who paint him a downright criminal. Yet, another member of parliament was convicted for causing a death as he fall asleep while driving and he killed an innocent bystander. This member has suggested that sharia law be allowed to be adopted by the local Moslems. Hence he is the poster guy for the anti-racists.

Trust me, most of the pro-Palestinians here are card carrying leftists who hate Israel. They do proclaim to be pro-Semites, but this seems to be apply only when it is a convenient tool to bash Germans. One of the leading pets of local anti-racists is a Palestine born Arab woman who recently moved to the Netherlands after she out-cried how intolerable my country had become. This lady's reaction to Israeli citizens losing their homes to rockets launched from Lebanon was "They should go to a hotel, the Jews are so rich anyway". This same lady took part in some televised debates also accompanied by the leader of the local Jewish congregation. While the latter maintained his cool composure and rational argumentation throughout the debate, the former reeked of hatred. And she is loved by anti-racists.

Post Zimmerman Flees Miami, 'Bounty' on His Head;Killer of Trayvon Martin was chased by an

Zimmerman Flees Miami, 'Bounty' on His Head

Killer of Trayvon Martin was chased by angry crowd, says TMZ

George Zimmerman is on the run: Trayvon Martin's killer attracted an angry crowd while hanging out at a beach in Miami last week and ended up fleeing the city with a bounty on his head, TMZ reports. As the story goes, Zimmerman gave an interview on Tuesday with Univision and Fusion (saying he's homeless and has PTSD) before catching rays with his brother, girlfriend, and her child. Then an angry crowd forced them back to the hotel with someone yelling about a $10,000 bounty on his head. The next day Zimmerman gave an interview with CNN and fled the city.

Is there a real threat? In this Black Panthers video, one leader claims the bounty runs to $1 million. And Time reports that in his CNN interview, Zimmerman said he has "a lot of people saying that, you know, they guarantee that they’re going to kill me and I’ll never be a free man.

http://www.newser.com/story/182523/z...gn=rss_topnews

Lightbulb zimmerman caught in WEB OF LIES;Zimmerman Has Zilch, Spends $3K a Month

zimmerman caught in WEB OF LIES

Zimmerman Has Zilch, Spends $3K a Month

Travon Martin Foundation gets new home

Almost a year after his acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman doesn't seem to have much in the way of a life, according to paperwork filed this month as part of his divorce case. The 30-year-old says he has no home, no job, no income, and nearly no assets apart from his 2008 Honda pickup, the Orlando Sentinel finds. But according to his financial affidavit, he still spends $3,304 a month, including $200 for psychological counseling—and $100 on vacations. He currently pays no rent.

Zimmerman, who owes his lawyers $2.5 million, has just $650 in the bank, according to the court filing, which makes no mention of the $100,000 he made by selling a painting on eBay earlier this year. Meanwhile, at Florida Memorial University, Trayvon's parents were at a ceremony late last week to welcome the Trayvon Martin Foundation they founded to its new home, reports the Miami Herald. The foundation focuses on helping families affected by violent crimes. The teenager's death "galvanized the nation," his father said at the ceremony. "It’s just proof that positive things come out of tragedy. Even though he’s not here, we know he’s looking down on us," he said.

http://www.newser.com/story/189210/z...k-a-month.html