Page 225 of 235 FirstFirst ... 125175215220221222223224225226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2347
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    Read the story of Emmit Till. He was a Black 14 year old, who was brutally murdered by Whites for making a suggestive remark to a White woman. It took decades to get some justice, as they were acquitted for murder. There were/are many cases such as this, which took decades after Blacks were murdered my
    Whites. so you you suggest that people, should not fight injustice. It's okay that children are murdered by anyone?
    Really clever of you to add something which has literally nothing to do with this trial. Trayvon was beating Zimmerman's head against the concrete and Zimmerman shot him. It's not like he was skipping down the street throwing rose pedals. Give me a break. It's sad that he got killed, yes, but it wouldn't have happened had he not attacked Zimmerman. Oh while we're at it, should we re-try O.J. Simpson as well?

1 out of 4 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Zimmerman had his State trail, he was found innocent of murder and cannot be retried for that crime. Though he can still be sued in civil court (which imo the Martins should pursue) , and tried for civil right violations in Federal court (which imo Holder should not pursue). I agree that the issue is no longer (or should no longer be) about Zimmerman. Public discussions (imo) would be better off to focus not on Zimmerman but on the legal, legislative and social issues that played into the tragic scenario the led to Trevon's death, namely 1)Stand Your Ground laws that (whether they figure into the trail or not) encourage violence in situations where violent resolution can be averted; 2) the relative non-regulation of firearms that exists in this country; 3) the proliferation of firearms and the love some Americans seem to have for them.
    One issue for me is that Zimmerman had different rights than Trayvon. One ironic thing in court, was that Trayvon was expected to run home, and it was used as evidence, however no one said much directly that he had a legal right to stand his ground.

Here is my list, from another thread:

Martin had far less rights than Zimmerman. Martin had a toxicology report, which was used against him, but Zimmerman didn't get one, the night of the death, and his drug history was excluded from court evidence, I believe, as were other historical things like his legal history. Martin's school history was used, but what was Zimmerman's school record? Was he ever suspended? Martin had no duty to retreat home, specifically because of "Stand your ground", yet this is much more often mentioned as a right of Zimmerman. Martin's phone records were used, but not Zimmerman's, outside of the 9-11 calls. I thought some expert said that voices had a 'unique print', yet evidence from experts hired by the prosecution were excluded. Whereas Zimmerman, did not have to be cross examined, the only counter-version, was subject of a five hour cross examination. So the only major way to point Zimmerman's inconsistencies, was in closing arguments. I not sure how much this was even laid out, by prosecution. It would have been my main focus, if I was.

Quote Originally Posted by maddygirl View Post
    Really clever of you to add something which has literally nothing to do with this trial. Trayvon was beating Zimmerman's head against the concrete and Zimmerman shot him. It's not like he was skipping down the street throwing rose pedals. Give me a break. It's sad that he got killed, yes, but it wouldn't have happened had he not attacked Zimmerman. Oh while we're at it, should we re-try O.J. Simpson as well?
    You cant see, because you don't want to see. I say they are related, and I have seen more than one article linking the cases. Some I am far from the only one. Without Martin, being falsely identified as a criminal, he would still be alive. if he was not pursued, he would still be alive, also. If Martin perceived that he was being threatened, and he had been followed, he had a right to defend himself against a perceived threat. I still have questions regarding the nature of their verbal exchange. Did Zimmerman ever identify himself? Even While they were struggling physically he perhaps could have diffuse the situation verbally. Zimmerman bears some responsibility in the chain of events which led to the death. And the point is that Z was he was sent home, the same night.

This case affects me personally, in that I walk to the store often in the evening. I am more of a night person. There is enough of the normal safety concerns, but having the added concern of being falsely targeted as a criminal, by some shortsighted person.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o-NYDN-570.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	602913  

Last edited by yodajazz; 07-18-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Post you know funny! THAT YOU SAID THAT TRAYVON MARTIN WAS SKIPPING DOWN THE STREET.

you know funny! THAT YOU SAID THAT TRAYVON MARTIN WAS SKIPPING DOWN THE STREET.

THAT ONE OF THE LIES THATS A WHOPPER THAT ZIMMERMAN TOLD.
    THEY WERE AFRAID TO PUT HIM ON THE STAND FOR THAT REASON.

HERE IS THE TRANSCRIPTS AND THE TAPE.

video talks about new evidence & zimmermans gift to the DA and MARTIN FAMILY

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/justic...iew/index.html

http://wearytravelermusings.blogspot...ell-truth.html

George Zimmerman Will Not Tell The Truth

George Zimmerman has no interest in expressing fidelity to His Honor, the Court, or the public. When Zimmerman took the witness stand at his 20 April 2012 bond hearing, he lied under oath in two forms: acts of omission and blatant falsehoods.

Zimmerman took the stand to make a self-serving statement in the cloak of an apology, but the message’s audience was for the media and a candid public, not the parents of the slain Trayvon Martin. It should be noted that O’Mara allowed this disrespectful action to be undertaken and His Honor did not stop it, either.
    The faux apology given to turn the tide of negative media attention:
    O'MARA: You advised me that you wanted to make a short statement, is that correct?
    ZIMMERMAN: Correct.
    ZIMMERMAN: I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not.
    O'MARA: Nothing further, your honor.
    George Zimmerman took the stand and performed for the media. The narrative was starting to change and the fickle media started pretending as if both the dead, unarmed minor, Trayvon Martin, and his confessed killer, George Zimmerman, were victims. This is absolutely incorrect. Man profiled, stalked, chased, and ultimately killed the minor. Those are the facts. Furthermore, Zimmerman lied on the stand about how old he thought Trayvon Martin was. When the non-emergency dispatcher asked how old Zimmerman thought the supposedly “suspicious guy” was, Zimmerman said “late teens.” 17 would classify as late teens. Let’s let that percolate into our collective conscience for a moment. A 28-year-old adult male tells the dispatcher that he believes a minor is indeed a minor and he stills exits his vehicle, with gun holstered, to chase after the “fucking punk” who would not get away. I can’t speak for Angela B. Corey, but when I heard this, I thought for sure any doubt about her over-charging Zimmerman went away.

IMPORTANT READ MORE;

Zimmerman’s most egregious lie is above. De La Rionda asked Zimmerman about how many statements he gave. Zimmerman replies. De La Rionda asked Zimmerman if he said “I don’t remember?” when Serino/Singleton poked holes in his account of what happened, using the non-emergency phone call to do so, and Zimmerman replied matter-of-factly, “Absolutely not.” Folks, that is the third lie to His Honor’s Court. George Zimmerman Legal Case has the audio still up. It is up for anyone who wants to listen to it. Make no mistake, when asked about things that didn’t add up, Zimmerman would say “I don’t know/I don’t remember.” When it was clear that Serino/Singleton were playing bad cop or no longer believed him, Zimmerman got defensive, lied, and omitted facts. He told the dispatcher he was following Trayvon. On the February 29, 2012, part 3 of the interview with Serino/Singleton; he said he wasn’t following, but walking in the same direction. When asked what type of running Trayvon was doing, he said he couldn’t remember/didn’t know. When asked why he got out of his car, Singleton bluntly said, “That isn’t what you told me.”

George Zimmerman is going to assert an affirmative defense in his second-degree murder trial. If Zimmerman has no interest in expressing fidelity to the truth in His Honor’s Court, I wouldn’t be making any long term plans for the future unless they included a prison facility.

important read more;

Quote Originally Posted by maddygirl View Post

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by natina; 07-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Post Quotation from Interview with Detective

Quotation from Interview with Detective

The biggest problem, according to (Detective) Serino, was Zimmerman’s insistence that Trayvon suddenly jumped him and tried to kill him without provocation.

“The kid has no violent tendencies that we can find. What made him snap?” Serino asked.

“He's not on PCP. He's not on anything. He’s on Skittles.”

Zimmerman could not answer.

“He was 17 years old, an athlete, probably going into aeronautics. A kid with a future, a kid with folks that care...not a goon,” the detective said.

“He does not fit the profile of what occurred.”

Zimmerman had no reaction.

Serino also questioned Zimmerman repeatedly about why he never identified himself to Trayvon as a neighborhood watchman, Which Zimmerman could not explain.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012...nswer-teenager

Now that Zimmerman has been charged, I'm happy to simply await the outcome of the trial.

But a little notice to the baiters who come here to insinuate that Trayvon was some kind of a thug.

THIS DETECTIVE IS EXPLICITLY SAYING THAT TRAYVON DID NOT FIT THAT PROFILE.

It is also abundantly clear that Zimmerman did NOT politely identify himself as a concerned citizen / neighborhood watch

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster eccentricBlue's Avatar

There are no winners in this case, however by scanning this thread I can tell that there are plenty of whiners.

You all got race baited by the media.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: Quotation from Interview with Detective

>>>“He's not on PCP. He's not on anything. He’s on Skittles.”

As a matter of fact, Trayvon's own Facebook page admits that he was addicted to "Sizzurp" or "Purple Drank", which is a cocktail of codeine (or Robitussin, if codeine is unavailable), mixed with Arizona Watermelon Iced Tea, and Skittles. The coating on the Skittles, apparently, dissolves in the cocktail, giving the drink its distinctive purple color.

Trayvon had just purchased Arizona Watermelon Iced Tea and Skittles. It's likely he was going to make some "Purple Drank" when he returned home, though it's uncertain whether he had access to codeine at that time.

One effect of consuming this stuff on a regular basis is violent and paranoid behavior. So it's certainly possible that Trayvon initiated a surprise attack on Zimmerman.

In any case, we know from eye-witness testimony, that Martin was on top and Zimmerman was on bottom during a violent row between the two. Zimmerman's voice was also identified as the one yelling for help on a 911 call, and he had lacerations to the back of his head from Martin having pounded it on a concrete walkway. Irrespective of who started what, someone on the bottom has a right to defend himself in whatever way he can. Unfortunately for Martin, Zimmerman's self-defense took the form of deadly force from a legally concealed firearm.

The constant drumbeat in the mainstream media of Trayvon as a kind of cherub — just a young kid with some candy in his pocket and a container of "soft drink" (the media never tells us what it was specifically) — is propaganda, probably for anti-gun, gun-control purposes, though it may have some racial component, too.

See:

http://www.occupyhln.org/george-zimm...-purple-drank/

The article has screenshots of Martin's Facebook page asking where he can score some prescription codeine.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

>>>2) the relative non-regulation of firearms that exists in this country; 3) the proliferation of firearms and the love some Americans seem to have for them.

Different states have different levels of regulations of firearms. Unfortunately for you argument, the following is demonstrably true:

Those cities and states with the strictest regulation of firearms, have the highest number of deaths from firearms (specifically, Chicago and Washington, DC).

Those cities and states with the most lenient regulation of firearms — including easy access to legal "carry & conceal" licenses — have the least number of crimes from the use of firearms.

For some reason, the anti-gun crowd in the US assumes that if you pass a law restricting legal ownership of guns to the law-abiding, then the law-breaking lobby — known as "criminals" — will dutifully observe the same laws. Wrong!

The anti-gun crowd also ignores easily available statistics that prove them wrong: overall, violent crime in the US has declined dramatically since the 1950s at the same time that legal gun ownership has dramatically increased. That's the exact opposite of what one would expect if it were true that "guns cause violent crimes."

The anti-gun position is mainly fueled by the horrible crimes of mass-shootings at Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, the movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, and Columbine High School. Without exception, however, these were all states and cities with high levels of gun control and gun regulation, and in which the shooters had illegally obtained their firearms, regardless of the laws. These were all so-called "gun-free zones." Obviously, such "gun-free zones", and such gun-control regulations, don't work when you're dealing with criminals . . . they only prevent law-abiding citizens from easily obtaining something that can save their own lives.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Unfortunately for Chicago, it's close to Wisconsin and Iowa where its very easy to acquire firearms and bring them into the city. Look at States, not cities. States with lenient firearm laws have the highest rates of gun crime.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Oh boy. Guess if I ever want to become the next big hip-hop star, all Ize gots ta does is add some "colored" sugar & tussin to my watermelon juice. It's on the internet. Must be true.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~