Page 2 of 235 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in hite suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy View Post
    When it's 80 plus degrees and someone is wearing a sweatshirt/hoodie in a gated community, they start out looking suspicious. NO ONE knows what kind of crap that kid gave the guard. Black teenagers are the most disrespectful group of kids in the world.
    He was visiting and could've ben the only clothes/sweater he had. He didn't commit a crime though..even if he had given the "fake" guard some lip. He didn't commit a crime and it doesnt justify shooting and killing him

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Sigh. Gonna make a final post on this. I've seen it said that the kid in Sanford was murdered because he was black. For all we know he came at the guy with the gun, or the guy panicked, or he misfired. There is only one witness, and we dont have his story. What we do know is he called the 911 both before and after the incident, and surrendered himself to authorities.

Everyone is making it a race thing. Maybe it's a "nervous old man who never should have had a gun in the first place" thing. We dont know.

Because it was a young black kid killed its a race crime, with an intrenational outcry. Petitions being filed from across the water etc.

So sick of the political correct hypocrisy. Noone is saying the cab driver was shot because he was white. He was shot because an asshole with a gun got in his cab. THATS my point.

Instead of all this race bullshit, do whatever it takes to get these assholes off the street. You guys are passing petitions from across the water, next we'll have Sharpton or Jackson screaming for the guys head. How about we see what the police end up with first? They have the shooter and they will give the results of their investigation. I'd sure like to see 1/10th of this effort applied to get this asshole in Charlotte.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    Sigh. Gonna make a final post on this. I've seen it said that the kid in Sanford was murdered because he was black. For all we know he came at the guy with the gun, or the guy panicked, or he misfired. There is only one witness, and we dont have his story. What we do know is he called the 911 both before and after the incident, and surrendered himself to authorities.

Everyone is making it a race thing. Maybe it's a "nervous old man who never should have had a gun in the first place" thing. We dont know.

Because it was a young black kid killed its a race crime, with an intrenational outcry. Petitions being filed from across the water etc.

So sick of the political correct hypocrisy. Noone is saying the cab driver was shot because he was white. He was shot because an asshole with a gun got in his cab. THATS my point.

Instead of all this race bullshit, do whatever it takes to get these assholes off the street. You guys are passing petitions from across the water, next we'll have Sharpton or Jackson screaming for the guys head. How about we see what the police end up with first? They have the shooter and they will give the results of their investigation. I'd sure like to see 1/10th of this effort applied to get this asshole in Charlotte.
    +1 Good post !!!

Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post

Wow, I actually never said it was a race crime. In fact, the real place that race comes in to play is the punishment of the two shooters. I even said we don't know all the facts. Again, my point is that, no matter what the CHILD'S race, there is no excuse for killing him/her if he's unarmed and you ARE.

It's always easy to talk tough and say things about political correctness and hypocrisy when you are unaffected by the tragedy in question. Next time one of your loved ones is gunned down when they were unarmed I hope you're man enough to stick to your guns and say maybe the old guy had the jitters rather than pointing out that your family member was unarmed...now that would be hypocritical now wouldn't it.

I mean come one, the gun misfired? Look, murder is an intent based crime so if that was te case he could not be charged with murder because he lacked the requisite intent to kill. But that is precisely why we've created a charge called involuntary manslaughter. Negligent acts--such as leaving your house carrying a weapon and approaching an unarmed individual--that result in the death of another individual are still punishable. However this guy was not punished at all.

You can be like the rest of the sheep and spout one-liners about how you're sick of being politically correct but that's not helping at all. In fact, I'm sick of being politically correct too. So let's do away with the pretense. It's hypocritical to see something that doesn't seem quite right and then give another situation as a comparison implying that your story is worse. Did it make what happened to the kid any less wrong? No.

Come on dude, that's like me saying I was shot for being on this forum and you were stabbed just for wearing a pink shirt as if what happened to me is now less outrageous because what happened to you sucked. Both situations are terrible but your example in no way minimizes what appears be to a lack of fairness. Granted we don't know all the facts, but if you were simply being objective you'd see that what happened doesn't quite pass the smell test.

So talk about bein politically correct all you want. If it seems wrong, sometimes it is. What happened to both individuals was wrong but your story doesn't somehow make the original post less of a tragedy. As usual, tough talk is used by those looking from the outside in. I venture to guess your tone might change if someone you loved was on th other side of that bullet.

Banned Forever! Professional Poster DarylWashington's Avatar

Racist white people, EVERYWHERE!

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy View Post
    When it's 80 plus degrees and someone is wearing a sweatshirt/hoodie in a gated community, they start out looking suspicious. NO ONE knows what kind of crap that kid gave the guard. Black teenagers are the most disrespectful group of kids in the world.
    So that makes it okay?The shooter was a Neighborhood Watch member. Neighborhood Watch members are not trained security or police officers; they only keep an eye out for suspicious activity. When they see suspicious activity, they are only supposed to call the police.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylWashington View Post
    Ya! ...... wait a minute..

5 Star Poster

i would say scared racist people every where no matter the race

live with honour

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Racist of all colors everywhere. This thread could have been titled "Youth irrespoinsibly shot by overzealous Neighborhood Watch member", but it wasnt.

Rookie Poster

I truly hope you are being sarcastic there. I'm really tired of the concept that racism can only go one way. As a white male who grew up in a fairly poor area of the deep south, I have seen way more than my share of racism. To this day, black-on-white crime is downplayed by the media, while white-on-black crime makes headlines every time.

As for this case, no one alive but Mr. Zimmerman knows the true story of what happened, but I have seen several news reports that say when police arrived on the scene, he was bleeding from his nose and the back of his head. That to me says that there was more than likely some sort of altercation before the shooting. I'm not saying this shooting was justified, just pointing out that if the races were reversed here that we would never have even heard about it in the first place.