Page 185 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85135175180181182183184185186187188189190195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2347
    Silver Poster

Default Re: "Stand your ground" situation in FL

I am all for getting the number of guns down and out of the hands of criminals but that old dude is a hero. Gun? Licensed! Does he know how to wield it? Yup. Look at how he puts both hands on it and levels it before he fires the first time.

Crime is rampant in my city and more needs to be done to curb the proliferation of guns but in this instance, I am glad dude was there.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jaxon View Post
    Crime is rampant in my city and more needs to be done to curb the proliferation of guns but in this instance, I am glad dude was there.
    The proliferation of guns is only a problem when it's guys like the two in the OP who are acquiring them. The proliferation of guns amongst our non-criminal element of society is a very good thing.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Not similar cases at all. If someone chooses to commit a crime, IMO they are taking their lives in their own hands.

The only problem I'd have would be if those kids saw that old man's gun and turned and ran, and he STILL shot them. That would be wrong.

BTW I haven't watched the vid, but did this old man see these guys attempting to rob OTHER people and decide he was going to shoot them?? That's a little sketchy.
    Did the kids die??

Trayvon wasn't armed. Trayvon wasn't committing a crime. Zimmerman was following him for several blocks in his SUV and on foot because he looked 'suspicious'.
    THat's bullshit x3.

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    The only problem I'd have would be if those kids saw that old man's gun and turned and ran, and he STILL shot them. That would be wrong.

BTW I haven't watched the vid, but did this old man see these guys attempting to rob OTHER people and decide he was going to shoot them?? That's a little sketchy.
    Did the kids die??

Trayvon wasn't armed. Trayvon wasn't committing a crime. Zimmerman was following him for several blocks in his SUV and on foot because he looked 'suspicious'.
    THat's bullshit x3.
    Why not watch the vid and then comment? Only takes a minute. The post was to show a situation where "stand your ground" was not only applicable, but very effective. Plenty of people protesting against stand your ground. Maybe they need to leave the law alone.

Silver Poster

The best of all possible worlds is a world totally free of guns.

Not everyone should be a gun owner as some are not emotionally capable of the responsibility of using deadly force.

Legally acquired guns can and often do fall into the hands of those with no business having them. Kids and grand kids for example.

Personally I would love to see a violent offender database like they have with sex offenders. We need to know when a violent person who has committed a crime with a firearm is in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    The proliferation of guns is only a problem when it's guys like the two in the OP who are acquiring them. The proliferation of guns amongst our non-criminal element of society is a very good thing.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

I was thinking you have a strange sense of right and wrong. What about the 30 people in the cafe? When one guys smashing the place with a bat while the other has a gun in people's faces. But you didnt watch the vid, just commented. He shot, and kept shooting until they were out, he then locks the door and waits for police. He hit both of them.

Professional Poster

Trayvon wasn't armed. Trayvon wasn't committing a crime.
    Trayvon started committing a crime when he began physically assaulting Zimmerman. At that point, it does not matter if he was armed or not. The person being assaulted has the legal right to defend themselves, which includes the use of deadly force.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Trayvon started committing a crime when he began physically assaulting Zimmerman. At that point, it does not matter if he was armed or not. The person being assaulted has the legal right to defend themselves, which includes the use of deadly force.
    Shut up - we're not starting with your donkey (assinine) remarks in this thread. Your previous post about how "The proliferation of guns amongst our non-criminal element of society is a very good thing." just goes to show how stupid you are.

Professional Poster

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

So, a discussion which addresses the actual law which will apply to the Zimmerman case, rather than some anti-gun fantasy is assinine?

I realize you aren't from the US, don't live in the US, and many of our ideals are foreign to you, but the proliferation of guns amongst law-abiding Americans is actually a guaranteed right in our Constitution. The vast majority of Americans do not find it to be "stupid."

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

So, a discussion which addresses the actual law which will apply to the Zimmerman case, rather than some anti-gun fantasy is assinine?

I realize you aren't from the US, don't live in the US, and many of our ideals are foreign to you, but the proliferation of guns amongst law-abiding Americans is actually a guaranteed right in our Constitution. The vast majority of Americans do not find it to be "stupid."
    I've lived in the USA for 12 yrs and traveled through more states and cities than any American I know. Don't stand on the fucking "Constitution" as back up for gun ownership. Wasn't slavery and killing Indians part of your culture at one point (but you changed), wasn't there cannibalism in the USA (but you changed). Things CAN change and backing it up with a document that was created by different people in different times, is pathetic. A massive amount of American's who own guns are actually fairly fucking stupid and they should never have had those rights. You bring guns into your society and they will always fall into the wrong hands, or those "law-abiding" people decide that today, they've had enough, or their "law abiding" kids get a hold of the guns.

As far as Treyvon Martin/Zimmerman - I'm fucking tired of hearing about it. The gun nuts just want Zimmerman to get off so their gun rights aren't violated and the racists just want the right to be able to kill another un-armed nigger without retribution, and the blacks "leaders" just want to look for an excuse to cause friction and line their own pockets.
    A kid was killed needlessly. That's the only story.