Page 102 of 235 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2347
    Can't stop; Won't Stop Rookie Poster zulusierra's Avatar

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly View Post
    The guy has a permit for the gun and carried it around with him, which was within his rights. He didn't leave his house to follow the guy. He was driving in his car and saw the man looking suspicious, got out and called the cops. I'm failing to see the problem.
    You are not wrong.

However "COMMA" as someone who is licensed/trained to carry concealed it is important to keep in mind that sometimes, "discretion is the better part of valor" -Shakespeare, in Henry IV, Part One, 1596.

If it is at all possible for me to flee a situation (off my private property/ outside my auto) without using my weapon it is what I will do. We don't know if George had a chance.

Now on my property I'm not backing down. Period. Some of that USMC brainwashing never goes away, lol...

Last edited by zulusierra; 05-17-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Senior Member Junior Poster

I read the kid was beating him and threatening him...

Quote Originally Posted by zulusierra View Post
    You are not wrong.

However "COMMA" as someone who is licensed/trained to carry concealed it is important to keep in mind that sometimes, "discretion is the better part of valor" -Shakespeare, in Henry IV, Part One, 1596.

If it is at all possible for me to flee a situation (off my private property/ outside my auto) without using my weapon it is what I will do. We don't know if George had a chance.

Now on my property I'm not backing down. Period. Some of that USMC brainwashing never goes away, lol...
    The evidence says trayvon was on top of him beating his ass. Zimmerman says he pulled the gun when treyvon saw it and went for it. At that point, I don't see fleeing as an option. If it is true that trayvon attacked zimmerman from behind, beat his ass and went for his gun, I prolly would of used the gun as well.

Senior Member Junior Poster

It is a shame it escalated to that level of violence though..

Can't stop; Won't Stop Rookie Poster zulusierra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly View Post
    The evidence says trayvon was on top of him beating his ass. Zimmerman says he pulled the gun when treyvon saw it and went for it. At that point, I don't see fleeing as an option. If it is true that trayvon attacked zimmerman from behind, beat his ass and went for his gun, I prolly would of used the gun as well.
    Have they said why he got out of his vehicle?

Why I'm asking is I still haven't read why he was close enough to be attacked in the first place. It will be interesting to see how things actually went down.

My prediction: there's no way they get him on any murder charge. They're trying to scare him into a plea deal.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Junior Member Rookie Poster

While I do ultimately side with Zimmerman if the evidence proves that Martin was indeed attacking him, I in no way condone his behavior up to the point at which everything went sour. I have heard tale of Zimmerman following Martin, kind of like he was tailing him. This is not well becoming of a licensed carrier, as I would never actually promote confrontation with anyone, for the sole fact that I am indeed carrying. This is part of the reason why Zimmerman is in trouble to begin with, if Martin had confronted him, there would be practically no contest in court that Zimmerman had done what was needed and within the law to protect himself.

Both their faults? Nah don't agree.

Why I don't agree with you? Because 1. You're going by some pics Trayvon put up, most teens out here in the urban community act like that and they are going through a phase, some are real gang members and some are not, Tray was not a gang member he was just acting up. Does that constitute him getting shot? HELL TO THE NO~!!!

Proven fact Trayvon was no gangsta, the phone call he made to his girlfriend while he was frighten someone was following him. He was scared, a gang member either would of confronted first of pull out on Zimmerman being Tray didn't have a gun and was scared shows he wasn't a gang member. The reason he fought back was because of his self preservation nature kicked in to protect himself, he even RAN!!! So if he ran and Zimmerman was able to catch up to him that means Zimmerman went after him. Since when is it wrong to go to the store buy some thing and go back home? You explain that to me and us.

For the umpf teen time, Zimmerman was told not to engage, he was the predator not Tray, so he was the only one wrong, he also had a gun he was wrong because the neigborhood watch rules is DON'T CARRY A WEAPON AND DON'T ENGAGE A PERSON he violated both. He is at fault no one else, Tray was minding his business and going where he was going. If Zimmerman would of let the police handle this, either the Police would of killed Tray or Tray would of bee questioned by the police or Tray would of made it to the house without anyone finding him. No, Zimmerman took it upon himself to be a WANNA BE COP!!! If you wanna talk about wanna bees, that fool in his mind thought he was a cop and had the right to do whatever he wanted.

Prior to that, he assaulted a cop and his ex and she took out a restraining order against him, he has a history of violence and he's a fucking nut case.

The blame is only on one person here and that's ZIMMERMAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zulusierra View Post
    They both fucked up.

George shouldn't have confronted Trayvon. Trayvon shouldn't have bowed up. The more info that comes out the more it seems they were both out of line and there is no "right" party in this situation.

It really sux that two young men just starting their lives (along with their respective families) have had their futures shattered. "Play stupid games win stupid prizes".

Quote Originally Posted by pnsmcgraw View Post
    While I do ultimately side with Zimmerman if the evidence proves that Martin was indeed attacking himf.
    What evidence that Trayvon was attacking him? Let me ask you something how the hell do you say EVIDENCE show Trayvon was attacking him when 1. Trayvon has a phone record of a girlfriend where he said SOMEONE IS FOLLOWING ME, then his girlfriend said Tray ran, this is confirmed by Zimmerman who said he is running. He ran away from the situation because he was scared.

2. Evidence shows that Trayvon was going to and from the store minding his own business and he was one the phone talking to his girl!!!

3. Evidence shows that Trayvon couldn't have attacked Zimmerman like Zimmerman said "HE ATTACKED ME FROM THE LEFT SIDE AS I TRIED TO GET INTO MY SUV" bullshit. Zimmerman said himself to the dispatcher that Trayvon went into the gated community and made a turn, Zimmerman SUV was parked outside the gated community near the entrance, and they were inside the complex so that means Zimmerman went after him if Trayvon RAN!!!

4. Zimmerman approached Trayvon wrong asking him "WHAT ARE YOU DOING AROUND HERE" wtf ? How the fuck do you approach someone like that? Phone records show Trayvon saying "WHO ARE YOU" then pushing and shoving happened.

How can the person that runs away be the attacker? You gotta explain that with logic, Trayvon fought back to protect himself and punk ass Zimmerman couldn't fight so he used a gun!!!

Evidence, Tray never had a weapon!!! So how is it that Trayvon attacked him again?

Senior Member Silver Poster

The DA based it's arrest on evidence gathered.....some of it phone texts by Zimmerman up to a month after. That can't be good.

World Class Asshole

Veteran Poster

The new medical reports on the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case tell us a lot. And it is not just for what they find, but also what they don’t find.
    First, the reports provide striking evidence that Zimmerman did not start the fight with Martin, and that Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense. Martin’s injuries were two-fold: broken skin on his knuckles and the fatal gunshot wound.
    Zimmerman’s injuries involved: a fractured nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury.
    It takes considerable force to break the skin on multiple knuckles. The large range of injuries on Zimmerman indicates that the Martin’s attack was prolonged. But here is what is missing: where are the injuries to Zimmerman’s hands? Where are the bruises on Martin’s face or other parts of his body? The evidence paints a picture where Martin was the only person landing blows.
    The broken skin on Martin’s knuckles and Zimmerman’s wounds obviously provide some justification for self-defense.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1v4xb21NE