Page 101 of 235 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2347
    Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Maybe he didn't want to go to the Hospital because they'd take a blood test. Who knows what they'd find.
    Yeah, when you listen to those 911 calls made by Zimmerman, he sounds a little loaded. Not quite slurring his speech, but IMO he comes across like he's high, out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Doesn't matter one way or another to me. As I've stated before, my reason for posting was so it got attention, which it did - and and investigation was opened.
    The only thing that really disturbs me is the racist attitudes of you and a few others who will continue to argue that it was right for Zimmerman to kill a young person and the laws and culture which have allowed it.
    GOTTA AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ONE. People still not looking at two facts 1. Zimmerman was told not to engage, he's not a professional and he shouldn't have approached Trayvon and he lied about being punched at his SUV. 2. The neighborhood watch rules are a. Don't carry a weapon b. Don't engage a suspicious person.

He broke all the rules and went after Trayvon, self defense don't apply to him. People who support Zimmerman is basically supporting gun toting but are blind to the facts of Zimmerman being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Yeah, when you listen to those 911 calls made by Zimmerman, he sounds a little loaded. Not quite slurring his speech, but IMO he comes across like he's high, out of it.

Yeah he sounds a bit off in the 911 tapes.

Can't stop; Won't Stop Rookie Poster zulusierra's Avatar

They both fucked up.

George shouldn't have confronted Trayvon. Trayvon shouldn't have bowed up. The more info that comes out the more it seems they were both out of line and there is no "right" party in this situation.

It really sux that two young men just starting their lives (along with their respective families) have had their futures shattered. "Play stupid games win stupid prizes".

What bothers me is the blatant editing of info. The 911 calls. The pics released of Trayvon as a zygote when he was a tatted-up >6 ft wanna-be (or maybe real; IDK) "gangsta". If you read his (since taken down, but saved for posterity) twitter feed (under his "nolimitnigga" screenname) you will see that (like a lot of young men) he felt like he needed to prove his toughness to the world. I get it. I had an element (my wife would probably tell you I still do) of machismo to my personality at that age as well.

Let me be clear though, no matter what either of them was into (nothing wrong with a little recreational chemical use), or what past poor decisions (we've all been stupid) either of them had made in life this was a tragic, senseless loss of life.

pic related:

Last edited by zulusierra; 05-16-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added a pic...
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulusierra View Post
    They both fucked up.

George shouldn't have confronted Trayvon. Trayvon shouldn't have bowed up. The more info that comes out the more it seems they were both out of line and there is no "right" party in this situation.

It really sux that two young men just starting their lives (along with their respective families) have had their futures shattered. "Play stupid games win stupid prizes".

What bothers me is the blatant editing of info. The 911 calls. The pics released of Trayvon as a zygote when he was a tatted-up >6 ft wanna-be (or maybe real; IDK) "gangsta". If you read his (since taken down, but saved for posterity) twitter feed (under his "nolimitnigga" screenname) you will see that (like a lot of young men) he felt like he needed to prove his toughness to the world. I get it. I had an element (my wife would probably tell you I still do) of machismo to my personality at that age as well.

Let me be clear though, no matter what either of them was into (nothing wrong with a little recreational chemical use), or what past poor decisions (we've all been stupid) either of them had made in life this was a tragic, senseless loss of life.

pic related:
    No no no - this is just fudging it all. The only fact that remains unchanged is that George Zimmerman, a self-appointed neighbourhood watch, took a gun and followed someone. That's the only FACT that led to this incident.

No no no - this is just fudging it all. The only fact that remains unchanged is that George Zimmerman, a self-appointed neighbourhood watch, took a gun and followed someone. That's the only FACT that led to this incident.
    Your screenname says you're european, is that correct?

I don't think you understand the reality of life+mindset of citizens in the southeast US. Whether wrong/right/neither (I'm not arguing either way) if you live somewhere like Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, or Alabama you need probably ought to be familiar with the following quote:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

It is what it is.

Last edited by zulusierra; 05-16-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling...

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

They both fucked up.

pic related:

Your screenname says you're european, is that correct?

I don't think you understand the reality of life+mindset of citizens in the southeast US. Whether wrong/right/neither (I'm not arguing either way) if you live somewhere like Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, or Alabama you need probably ought to be familiar with the following quote:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

It is what it is.
    I've lived in the USA for over 12 years and travelled more states and more fucked up places in the USA than most Americans. I understand what you are saying - I'd probably be armed if I lived in some cities there also, however, it doesn't alter the fact that he behaved like a vigilante - he took the weapon, he left his house and he followed.

Why does it have to be what it is? Some of your states used to have canibals? Marry at 12? Kill men for sport? Things CAN change. Other countries have - but that's for a different topic.

it doesn't alter the fact that he behaved like a vigilante - he took the weapon, he left his house and he followed.

Why does it have to be what it is?
    I agree.

I don't know. If you figure it out plz let me know asap.

That actually isn't true. He was asked to do it per statements of other residents of that community. I also don't see anything wrong with following and reporting suspicious activity. Especially since there was a huge string of break ins and robbery in the community. I've followed and reported drunk drivers before. They even tell us to report drunk drivers. There is no way to tell they are drunk other than suspicious driving actions. Am I a vigilante reporting drunk drivers? What if some drunk sees me reporting them and decides to hit me with their car? Guess its my fault for trying to do the right thing. Same thing goes with this. Some large kid you've ever seen before walking in the rain looking around at all the apartments. There is no evidence that says he chased him or initiated any contact. Only evidence that he was attacked. You can just as easily say trayvon turned around and approached zimmerman from behind, which is what is looking like what happened from all the actual evidence coming out.

however, it doesn't alter the fact that he behaved like a vigilante - he took the weapon, he left his house and he followed.
    He was acting like anyone else would. I've reported people walking around my parking garage who looked suspicious. Does that make me a vigilante? What if they approached me and attacked because they didn't want me to report them and I just happened to be packing? Am I a vigilante or someone who didn't want my car to be fucked with and got jumped by some hoodlum who didn't want me calling the cops?

The guy has a permit for the gun and carried it around with him, which was within his rights. He didn't leave his house to follow the guy. He was driving in his car and saw the man looking suspicious, got out and called the cops. I'm failing to see the problem.