Page 163 of 235 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2347
    Gold Poster

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    Believe it, brotha! That's kinda what happens in forums, though. You've been around; you know that.

Meh... back on subject.
    Kid gets killed by a man. They're two different colors. Totally racist, yes? Oh, the kid is a stoner. That changes everything. Discuss.
    Sure, we have two polar reactions. But the racism might be subconscious. I have no doubt that Mr. Zimmerman believes race was not a factor, but when he starts thinking about it, the doubts start creeping in. Why was he following Trayvon around? Why did he shoot him? Trayvon had your build approximately (since we're talking about torsoes). The build you have after you lost the extra weight (nicely done). You or he are a mortal threat to George "the pistol packing badass of suburbia" Zimmerman?

Trayvon Martin's character will come up at trial, but only at Mr. Zimmerman's peril. I'll have you know that I received an A in Evidence (,, ) and so therefore you can trust what I say. Trust, but verify, as I've smoked a lot of hashish. If Zimmerman brings up the character of the deceased in order to make a self-defense argument, then his character for the same trait (violence), including reputation and opinion are fair game in the trial. I would say the marijuana leads to the opposite conclusion. If Martin were on trial for eating a plate full of brownies, it would be a relevant trait. Anyhow, the supposed post about him swinging at a busdriver could be brought into evidence to show a violent propensity, but when the defendant in a homicide case chooses to do this, his own character comes into issue. Does George Zimmerman have any skeletons in his closet? He'd better hope not.

Exclamation Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

HE PULLED A " zimmmer" .a zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Anyone see this from The Young Turks?
    He claims he was: "... standing his ground."

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

LOL at how SYG laws are turning suburbia into a warzone. I can't tell you how many times I've been at parties and saw the host and a neighbor literally spitting at each other in an argument over the volume, but no one ever pulled a gun.

In the world I live in, the next step if your neighbor refuses to be compliant is to call the local POLICE to break things up.

This freak in the previous vid was so paranoid even though he had his piece that he threatened to shoot his neighbor for walking any closer just to talk to him about the noise.

NRA = FAIL.

SYG has turned into right to confront anyone with deadly force, if you feel like it.

Keeping it P.I. Veteran Poster Token Williams-Black's Avatar

Dick riding is NOT a form of transportation; it gets you NOWHERE.

Banned - Long overdue. Junior Poster

Thought I'd throw a little gas on the fire. And black people have the gaul to act incredulous as why people stalk them when the come into thier neighborhoods.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hard4janira View Post
    Thought I'd throw a little gas on the fire. And black people have the gaul to act incredulous as why people stalk them when the come into thier neighborhoods.

I'd assume by the mugshots they were caught and convicted of murder? So why is it the same?
    "Gaul" is France. Do you mean "gall" ?

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hard4janira View Post

As a civilian, when you stalk someone else on the suspicion of potential criminal conduct, you have to be RIGHT.
    If you're wrong and you murder someone who's unarmed, you're going to catch hell, deservedly so.

THe funny thing is, if three unknown Black males were walking through Zimmerman's gated community, I think there's very little chance he would have left his car, even though he had a firearm.

Stop being racist, hard4janira.
    No one at all is implying Black people don't commit crime or are always innocent victims. Shit is very real, unfortunately.

But the Zimmerman case is the wrong battle for people of your ilk to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I'd assume by the mugshots they were caught and convicted of murder? So why is it the same?
    "Gaul" is France. Do you mean "gall" ?
    Thanks for correcting my spelling. I don't know if anybody has been convicted of anything yet but I presume they have been caught.

How is it the same? It's not really the same, nor did I imply that it was. Zimmerman (at best) could be conviced of manslaughter. I'm sure some or all of these three will be convicted of murder.

I am simply pointing out (and will continue to do so) the utter hypocrisy of the outrage directed towards Zimmerman when many other FAR MORE HEINUS crimes perpretrated by black people go virtually ignored by the media.

Let's get one thing straight: The firerod in the Zimmerman case is RACE, not whether or not 'Stand Your Ground' laws go to far. If this wasn't a half-white on black incident, nobody in the world would give a shit about it and 'Stand Your Ground' would continue unabated.

Because RACE is the predominant issue here I find it completely hypocritical why it is so casually IGNORED when blacks perpeterate crimes against other races (such as this one and the one against the two Asian USC students). I'm not saying the CRIME is ignored or goes unpunished, I'm saying the RACIAL aspect of it goes ignored. Why? Why do black people get a free pass regarding racism when they commit violent crimes against other races? Are they immune to such criticim? Who are these fucking pussies in the media who are too cowardly to call things as they are?

I'll tell you what I know: Black people commit a VASTLY DISPROPORTIONATE amount of crime given their % of the population. Many of them are violent, immoral, brutal and misogynistic. Because of this many people develop well founded generalizations about them. I wouldn't trust a black person I didn't know personally for shit and why should I? Why should anybody? Why shouldn't we stalk these creatures who invade our neighborhoods and besiege us with crime? Why should we trust any of them or give any of them the benefit of the doubt? Why? So we can end up like the Crab Shack waitress with her throat cut for her tip money? You do that Senchai, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Stop being racist, hard4janira.
    No one at all is implying Black people don't commit crime or are always innocent victims. Shit is very real, unfortunately.

But the Zimmerman case is the wrong battle for people of your ilk to fight.
    People of my 'ilk'? Take your head out of the sand giovanni. People like you don't give a shit about justice or the letter of the law IMO. You view this whole thing like a boxing match that pitts a white guy vs. a black guy. Your allegience is with race not with the law. You're convinced yourself that you know all the facts and what the outcome should be, along with everybody else who has allowed Al Sharpton and the media to whip them up into a frenzy over this case. All you care about is 'Black Guy KO White Guy'.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I am simply pointing out (and will continue to do so) the utter hypocrisy of the outrage directed towards Zimmerman when many other FAR MORE HEINUS crimes perpretrated by black people go virtually ignored by the media.
    Wrong. The outrage is not toward Zimmerman. If Zimmerman had been arrested on the spot and scheduled for trial this never would have hit the national news, never would have snowballed into the story that it became. The outrage is over the fact that justice was ignored. Thanks to the outrage, justice was only delayed. But the question remains, why the delay? What was at work on the night the cops and the legal system let Zimmerman walked away from a probable second degree homicide? Here is where the two factors that make this a media story come into play: racial profiling and SYG.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.