Page 57 of 235 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by hangman View Post
    Let's hope for every American's sake that each member of the jury is more fair-minded than you are.
    Was the DA correct to charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree manslaughter?

World Class Asshole

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

You clearly are inclined to "realize" that Zimmerman instigated the whole thing but you don't KNOW it. You have no idea whether Zimmerman abandoned his pursuit of Trayvon. You have no idea who spoke to whom first. You have no idea who made the first aggressive move. You have no idea who initiated the physical altercation. You have no knowledge of any of this. Let's hope for every American's sake that each member of the jury is more fair-minded than you are.
    Well police video had been proven he saw trayvon randomly after coming out or from a candy store..

It's not like there was any just cause, And there certainly were other ways to handle it, even the cops tried to reason with Zimmerman but he did not comply...

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Was the DA correct to charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree manslaughter?
    I have no idea. We'll find out at trial.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EvonRose View Post
    It's not like there was any just cause, And there certainly were other ways to handle it, even the cops tried to reason with Zimmerman but he did not comply...
    How do you know that he didn't have just cause to shoot Trayvon? Maybe he reasonably feared for his life. Hopefully that question will be answered at trial.

As far as other ways to handle "it", I don't know what you mean. The cops didn't try to reason with Zimmerman. The 911 operator told Zimmerman that he didn't need to follow Trayvon. Neither you nor I have any knowledge of whether Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon or not. And, even if he did follow Trayvon you have no knowledge as to who initiated the confrontation. You have no knowledge of anything. Zimmerman may be guilty, but neither you nor I know the truth at this point. But continuing to say that he is guilty without knowledge is not very smart.

How do you know that he didn't have just cause to shoot Trayvon? Maybe he reasonably feared for his life. Hopefully that question will be answered at trial.

As far as other ways to handle "it", I don't know what you mean. The cops didn't try to reason with Zimmerman. The 911 operator told Zimmerman that he didn't need to follow Trayvon. Neither you nor I have any knowledge of whether Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon or not. And, even if he did follow Trayvon you have no knowledge as to who initiated the confrontation. You have no knowledge of anything. Zimmerman may be guilty, but neither you nor I know the truth at this point. But continuing to say that he is guilty without knowledge is not very smart.

Oh yeah i do know he did fear for his life.... Because he is crazy, he suffered from post traumatic.... So I do believe he created this scenario...

We will see if he's prosecuted due to evidence then I'm right, if he isn't then I will give him the benefit of the doubt..

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger
    You approach me on the street with your self-appointed gestapo shit and watch what happens. You'll be on the ground crying, just like your boy, Zimmerman.
    Would you still do it if you knew that he might have a gun?
    Yes. Even more likely & quicker. As far as I'm concerned, this guy's a mugger. Show me any reason to think otherwise. By his pursuit, he's already shown that he's coming for me. We're beyond making nice. If I think he has a gun, or especially if he brandishes one, then there's really no other way out for me except to incapacitate him. He's falling backwards? Well gee, I think I'll come down as hard as possible with all my weight on one knee in the middle of his sternum (if not his neck) & see what breaks. Then after sticking my thumbs in both his eyes, I might quietly retreat. Maybe not. I might have to wait & systematically break all his fingers. On & on, until I'm satisfied that he can't shoot me. There's no animosity on my part. It's just survival. I owe my assailant no quarter, no sympathy, & no mercy as long as the threat exists.

Is there any possible way that Martin could have perceived Zimmerman as anything other than a threat?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Rookie Poster

Oh yeah i do know he did fear for his life.... Because he is crazy, he suffered from post traumatic.... So I do believe he created this scenario...

We will see if he's prosecuted due to evidence then I'm right, if he isn't then I will give him the benefit of the doubt..
    Alright, enough about this. Evon, how about posting some new photos?

Alright, enough about this. Evon, how about posting some new photos?
    No I don't like my pics up, I'm shy,,,

All the people who are so certain that they "know" Zimmerman is guilty should go back and read the early press coverage on the Duke Lacrosse hoax. Again and again the press "reported" things "proving" their guilt, things that later on turned out to be complete fabrications. Why, 'cause the press love to jump to conclusions, so stop assuming that you know what happened, because none of us really know.

Given that NBC has already fired a producer for doctoring a tape to make Zimmerman look bad, why wouldn't you think some humility would help.

FYI, all the talk about "Stand your ground" laws is moot, he's not defending himself on that law.

Veteran Poster

No I don't like my pics up, I'm shy,,,

Shy, smart and absolutely gorgeous.