Page 14 of 235 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassCat View Post
    Zimmerman says it's raining in the 911 call.

Zimmerman also seems to whisper "fucking coons" during the call, but it's hard to be certain.

Clearly, nothing racial here. Move along.

It's hard to be certain.........but apparently not for you. LMFAO....Why don't you contact the DA or the FBI....apparently you're armed with some very sensitive voice monitoring equipment, and if that's not enough, you're well equipped with a healthy dose of skepticism turned judgement. What you've stated here would certainly disqualify you from being an impartial arbiter of the facts...aka Jury Duty...Look...a young kid is dead, and his family grieves, so I'm not making light this, but it sounds based on what you've stated, you have the Tawana Brawley disease.
    I haven't a clue if Zimmerman is a bigot...........nor do you, it may go to motive or intent if there's a murder of manslaughter charge, but that in and of itself isn't a crime otherwise a good percentage of folks on here would be in trouble !
    Slow down...wait for the facts...... but nothing new for you so I'm moving along. lol

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

On further thought, I don't think the Dominic Strauss situation is all that apt of parallel here. A far better one is Bernard Getz on the subway in NYC, and I think a person would find a much broader and varied point of view when polling people about the Getz situation compared with this Trayvon killing. On the subway, in NYC, the situation differed because there appeared to be little chance for Getz to flea the dangerous circumstance. Furthermore, he was surrounded by multiple individuals who seemed to want to do him harm. I wasn't part of the jury and didn't hear or read all the evidence, so I can't say for sure I would find Getz not guilty, but just based on the reports I did see, it seemed like a reasonable verdict. And I'm guessing at least some of the people here who are inflamed about the Trayvon killing probably view the Getz self-defense non guilty verdict, also reasonable.

So what I'm saying is that painting certain participants of this thread with the same brush, i.e. knee jerk liberal - or siding with the minority - or what have you, is probably not the most enlightened argument to make. Different circumstances will often produce different opinions for many people.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    As with so many/too many of these incidents, the details are contested so that its hard to know exactly what happened, vide:

It was raining...it was not raining
    Zimmerman was a neighbourhood watch captain...Zimmerman was not a neighbourhood watch captain
    Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon...Zimmerman was not attacked by Trayvon
    The incident happened in a gated community...Trayvon was shot outside the gated community

What we do know is that an unarmed teenager was shot dead; that the law in Florida allows anyone with a gun "to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force".

The FBI are now investigating this incident.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...tigation-opens

The stand your ground law is not as cut and dry as it seems. I know personally. And the whole city of Sanford is corrupt. From the administration to the police.

The story does not make sense from what Zimmerman said. And I think that because his family and others are on record claiming he is a Latino, it actually brings more attention to the BS system in place there. I hope that something is done about the whole system of incompetence in Sanford...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Rookie Poster

This happened a couple of weeks ago. Why didn't this get much attention?

Teens set kid on fire for being white.

Quote Originally Posted by Fucktard View Post
    This happened a couple of weeks ago. Why didn't this get much attention?

Teens set kid on fire for being white.

If cops had arrived at the scene just after the two black teens set the kid on fire.And the the two black teens claimed they set the kid on fire in self defence & the cops let them go home.Then you might have a point.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Turns out Zimmerman went to the same High School as the brother who I described in another thread as attacking me for jogging while white. I had a gun in my house and the black kids broke in and stole it. I'm not making this up. Stupidity comes in all sizes and all colors.

World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

It' s easy to see why a 17 year old black kid in a hoodie, eating skittles and talking on the phone to his girlfriend might be threatening to a would be neighborhood guardian sporting a sidearm who' s a foot taller than the kid. Zimmerman was probably trembling with fear for his life; indeed that' s his defense if he' s going to invoke the "stand your ground" law.

Of course no black kid should be wearing a hoodie and walking alone in a gated neighborhood right? He got what' s coming!

Every women in world fears for her life when she walks down a street at night or into the parking garage from her workplace. She fears when she see a strange man walking toward her or hears footsteps from behind. So from here on out all men, of any color, who live in "stand your ground" states... Be On Notice. You might get yourself shot if you walk the streets at night. It's best you just stay home. If you must go out, try not to look suspicious. Don' t walk behind a woman. Don' t walk toward a women. 'Cause we can now shoot you and walk away with impunity; all we have to say is, "I feared for my life."

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
    On further thought, I don't think the Dominic Strauss situation is all that apt of parallel here. A far better one is Bernard Getz on the subway in NYC, and I think a person would find a much broader and varied point of view when polling people about the Getz situation compared with this Trayvon killing. On the subway, in NYC, the situation differed because there appeared to be little chance for Getz to flea the dangerous circumstance. Furthermore, he was surrounded by multiple individuals who seemed to want to do him harm. I wasn't part of the jury and didn't hear or read all the evidence, so I can't say for sure I would find Getz not guilty, but just based on the reports I did see, it seemed like a reasonable verdict. And I'm guessing at least some of the people here who are inflamed about the Trayvon killing probably view the Getz self-defense non guilty verdict, also reasonable.

So what I'm saying is that painting certain participants of this thread with the same brush, i.e. knee jerk liberal - or siding with the minority - or what have you, is probably not the most enlightened argument to make. Different circumstances will often produce different opinions for many people.

My intent on injecting DSK was not to compare the merits of his case with this case, or the particular circumstances. It was to shine a light on what can happen when there's a rush to judgement, but that's what we do as a society, and that's what the media feeds us so it's not about to change anytime soon. We want an investigation, a trial and a hanging in one news cycle. We all bring our life's experiences and preconceived notions to the table....black and white.... but when they run headlong into the facts....it's not pretty. For example...I hear some "spokesman" for the family calling for Zimmerman's arrest...shouldn't they be instead calling for a full, fair, and thorough investigation instead? Maybe the presumption of innocence got left along the road in this case...we'll see. They'll be plenty of time to arrest, try, and incarcerate Zimmerman if the circumstances are as some seem to feel.

there's little doubt that race is a primary factor in the way "suspicious" behavoir is treated by LE, and those who think they're LE

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...ighlight=frisk