Page 83 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133183 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

That's Tatiana i mean .... sorry nice lady .

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    To the racist who calls people twits, the OP and others are outraged that a armed, self-appointed neighborhood vigilante can stalk (against police instructions), shoot a unarmed boy dead and not be arrested, not have his gun confiscated, nor face a judge nor a jury simply because the perp, without corroborative evidence, says it was self-defense. Stand your ground laws are fucked up and that's story enough itself. But you're right, it's not the whole story because the obvious racism underlying Zimmerman's conception of suspicious behavior in the context of a gated neighborhood is the direct cause of this outrageous vigilante shooting.

We don't need to see Zimmerman found guilty, but if he doesn't at least appear before a judge and a jury, then we don't live in a land of laws that apply equally to everyone.
    "Trish X" are you are just another race hustler like Al Sharpton that is trying ignore the evidence? At least Al Sharpton is making a little cash out of his outrage. Why are you ignoring the facts? From the evidence that is available it appears that the thug Treyvon was pounding Zimmerman's head into the cement when he got himself shot. This is another case like the Duke Rape case where everyone made up their minds about who was guilty and didn't let the facts get in the way.

By the way why is if all the burglaries in the neighborhood are being committed by young black males, why is it racist to be suspious of an unfamilar black boy walking around the neighborhood? Even Jesse Jackson is happier to see a white face when he is walking down the street at night.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mildcigar_2001 View Post
    why is it racist to be suspious of an unfamilar black boy walking around the neighborhood?.
    Did you say your Dad was a judge or something?

World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

"Mildcigar Goebbels", where the fuck am I making any assumptions about what went down. Haven't I merely said a zillion times that I'll be happy to see Zimmerman stand trail. If there's evidence that exonerates him, let's hear it in court. If there's evidence there's evidence that nails his ass, let's hear it in court. This notion that we should just let Zimmerman go on his say so is bullshit.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by allurstouse View Post
    it remeinds me of the trick or treater asian exchange student shot and killed in LA a few yrs ago...the shooter got off.
    white male
    16 year old unarmed minority
    dressed in a tuxedo instead of 'thug attire'
    laughing instead of bashing the shooter's head
    shooter didn't call the police unlike zimmerman
    paid a large $ settlement instead of treated like a serial killer
    no prize put on his head
    wasn't publicly condemned by the president

I'm trying to understand why these cases are so similar and yet so different
    Yoshihiro Hattori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lightbulb Late breaking news! Zimmerman will probably be remanded back to jail

LATE BREAKING NEWS! ZIMMERMAN WILL PROBABLY BE REMANDED BACK TO JAIL because of the $200,000.00+ he got from donations

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    that kid TRAVON MARTIN WAS NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG or illegal and he had a hoodie on cause it was raining

Zimmerman raised more than $200,000 through his website....
    http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/2...00-in-website/

Quote Originally Posted by nonnonnon View Post
    white male
    no prize put on his head

Was there any evidence the President at that time was asked a specific question about the case? So the people who put a price on someone's, rather than let the force of legal justice prevail, are stupid. Groups of people all over the world, have made stupid mistakes. I fail to see how starting wars which killed over 50 million people total, was a good idea. But I dont hold it against them. Its a history lesson. Asians have suffered from discrimination, but how many Asians in the US were burnt and hung on a tree, with a group of White folks standing around proudly, for the photograph? How about 10+ being murdering by a crowd, upon just returning from serving in a war? Still I see such group acts, as not extending to an entire race of people.
    Each case has unique elements.

Still I wonder about, hearing that Zimmerman called the police 40+ times, in one month. Then I heard that all those call were about Black persons. If this is true, sounds like he could have put his self in a state a paranoia, and went out to cause confrontation. It was aginst the rules of his duties to carry a weapon. Whether that state of mind could rise to the degree of 2nd degree murder, I cant say. But I could see it as something that was an important causal factor, in someone's death, for which he deserves some accountabilty. Which qusetions like these, the public deserves to have more questions answered. Injuries could be faked in a flash of a second. So what is forensic evidence going to say? Entry wounds, and powder residue, are used as evidence. The miscarriage of justice, was that he was presumed innocent. Now we have a trial. Trayvonn's parents, as American citizens have the right, to get a more in-depth, examination/hearing of why their unarmed, son died; and not just take the word of the man who admitted killing him. What's so difficult to understand about this? The we have people attacking others, for simply raising questions. Mother-fuck that "race hustling' term. Like people dont have legitimate greivances. I dont even need to put a category or race to that. Sensitve, and intelligent people understand that the world could be a more just place, for many types of people.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nonnonnon View Post
    white male
    no prize put on his head

What the hell is 'thug attire'??
    Man some of you guys are so intent on turning Trayvon into some gangbanger.
    It was RAINING. He had his hood up.
    Let's not forget which one was arrested for assaulting a police officer AND had a restraining order placed on him by his wife.

There is no bounty on George Zimmerman's head. The 'New' Black Panther Party is not a real organization. They co-opted the name of the militant organization from the 1960s, but they are so far from that. Wannabes.

SYG is a horrible law and will be the issue really on trial once Zimmerman goes before a jury.

I still don't get how you can actively pursue someone in your car and on foot and reasonably claim self defense. Trayvon was aware that Zimmerman was following him almost the minute he entered the gated community.

And I'd slow down before people jump on the bandwagon about the authenticity of that bloody Zimmerman photo.
    Either the EMT on the scene were totally incompetent, they didn't apply a single bandage to Zimmerman's head.
    Or someone is trying to sell the idea that Zimmerman was gravely wounded when he actually wasn't.

I can't wait to hear the testimony of the EMT who treated Zimmerman's injuries.

Exclamation Zimmerman's failure to reveal that he had the money shows that he is being dishonest

O'Mara believed Zimmerman had no money.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said Zimmerman's failure to reveal that he had the money shows that he is being dishonest.

"If his testimony at the bond hearing is any indication of what is to come, then the lying has already begun," Crump said.

"This is going to say a lot about whether Trayvon Martin can get a fair trial," he told Burnett. "If he (Lester) doesn't revoke his bond, the court should severely sanction him so George Zimmerman understands you cannot lie to the court."

Separately, the attorney said the Martin family has raised less than $100,000 in fund-raising efforts to date, and that the money collected will go toward the Trayvon Martin Foundation.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/27/justic...tml?hpt=hp_bn1

Lightbulb Zimmerman's lies THE COUNT UP CONTINUES

zimmerman caught in another lie says witness

Girl on phone with Trayvon Martin cuts shooter's self-defense claim

A girl who overheard part of an incident involving Florida teenager Trayvon Martin can help prove he was killed "in cold blood" by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, an attorney for Martin's family said Tuesday.

The girl, who was dating the 17-year-old, "completely blows Zimmerman's absurd self-defense claim out of the water," lawyer Benjamin Crump told reporters.

The girl -- who he said does not wish to be identified -- "connects the dots" about what happened that day when she lays out what she overheard while on the phone with him, he said.

Martin was fatally shot on February 26 while walking to the house of his father's fiancee in Sanford after a trip to a nearby convenience store.

Speaking on the phone shortly before he was shot, Martin told the girl that someone was following him and that he was trying to get away, Crump said.

Witnesses describe Florida teen shooting

How Fla. law affects Trayvon Martin case
    The girl said that, during the phone call, she heard someone ask Martin what he was doing and heard Martin ask why the person was following him, Crump said. The girl then got the impression that there was an altercation in which the earpiece fell out of Martin's ear and the connection went dead, Crump said.

Based on what she heard, the girl believes that Martin was pushed, said Crump, who added that the girl did not hear any gunfire.

Phone records show Martin was on the phone with her much of the day, including around the time of the killing, Crump said. He argued that if Martin were really "up to no good," he wouldn't have been chatting with his friend on the phone.

The girl said Martin was "his regular self," Crump said, arguing that any suggestions that the boy was "high" are "preposterous."

"It's what Zimmerman wants you to believe so he can justify killing this kid in cold blood," Crump said.

police had not interviewed the girl.

Morgenstern said Martin's cell phone was collected from the crime scene and investigators were working to acquire records associated with the phone's use.

Justice Department, FBI to investigate Florida teen's death
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/20/justic...?iref=obinsite

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    O'Mara believed Zimmerman had no money.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said Zimmerman's failure to reveal that he had the money shows that he is being dishonest.

"If his testimony at the bond hearing is any indication of what is to come, then the lying has already begun," Crump said.

"This is going to say a lot about whether Trayvon Martin can get a fair trial," he told Burnett. "If he (Lester) doesn't revoke his bond, the court should severely sanction him so George Zimmerman understands you cannot lie to the court."

Separately, the attorney said the Martin family has raised less than $100,000 in fund-raising efforts to date, and that the money collected will go toward the Trayvon Martin Foundation.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/27/justic...tml?hpt=hp_bn1