Page 124 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2347
    Can't stop; Won't Stop Rookie Poster zulusierra's Avatar

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    No. In many states in the U.S., the law allows for use of deadly force to protect your personal property. In some states, deadly force is allowed to protect the personal property of others too.
    He's right. In Georgia, once someone attempts to make unlawful entry (kicking in door, putting arm through kitchen window) he's at the homeowners mercy.

In a lot of counties the sheriff will just be thankful there's one less piece of shit his officers have to deal with.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Can't stop; Won't Stop Rookie Poster zulusierra's Avatar

As a black man, it pains me to see so many of my brothas getting shot and committing crimes, but let a nigga break into my house and try to run off with my goods and I'll bust a cap in his black ass. Or white ass or brown ass or whatever the case may be...

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Cowboys.
    The U.S. was never intended to be a police state. These laws support our foundation, which is based upon a lot of rights, freedom, and personal responsibility, which, in turn, requires a bit more personal protection than some are comfortable with. Personally, I wouldn't trade our system for any other in the world. And I've been around a bit.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

The U.S. was never intended to be a police state. These laws support our foundation, which is based upon a lot of rights, freedom, and personal responsibility, which, in turn, requires a bit more personal protection than some are comfortable with. Personally, I wouldn't trade our system for any other in the world. And I've been around a bit.
    The US people have less rights, less freddom and less personal responsibility than almost any other Westernised country. They're the only ones who don't know it.
    I've been around a lot.

I love the USA, I loved living there and I love traveling there - but a lot of it is broken.

Rookie Poster

Not to change the topic but does anybody know these four tough guys? Maybe jesse or al or even nobama might want to lend a hand in helping a soldier in need.

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Hmmm ... so essentially blackmailing me into not calling you a thug, is the way to go by appealing to my greed? I've never backed away from stating what I think is wrong or right and I'm not going to now. You make your own choices on where buy your entertainment. I don't buy Murdoch's newspapers as I don't like him, his politics or his policies - but I pay for Sky Sports as it's the only place to get my F1 and football. I don't like the fact Tom Cruise is a nutter Scientologist but I will watch his movies as I enjoy them. Your rhetoric about shooting people on your property make you little different from a thug - using violence to your own means - you may write better, you may be a different colour to those that you mean but you are part of the problem. I've stated, unfortuantely, if I lived in your states I would probably own a gun and yes, if someone was coming to harm me or my family, I would use that force - but you seem to take that even further, you seem to welcome the ability to use deadly force even if your life isn't under threat.

Your slavery post ... that's just ... almost unanswerable.
    "White people had nothing to do with it." - seriously, you're not that naive are you? They had everything to do with it.

"The black youth here in America, because of this welfare state they live under, are completely imbalanced and out of control. That is not America’s fault. That is the fault of the families they were raised in. " - what got the black youth and their families to this dis-enfranchised state of mind? What are you doing to change it, as an individual or a group? You've contributed to creating these families upon families with no foundations in respect, proper upbringings and reasons to change. You've done this because it's where you need those people to be.

I stand by my what you called "Bush-bashing propaganda" by the way - 8 years of having an absolute joke for a President. His people milked you dry and you'll be paying for it for decades but you are correct, it doesn't have any place on an adult entertainment site, which is why I keep it off there. Hungangels is a different animal, it has a different makeup and you don't pay to be hear - I'm giving you a space to sound off, to retort and to put your point across and for the main, we give people a fairly long rope as long as they remain reasonably civil.
    Fine, I'm cancelling my account with you. Your site sucks lately anyway. There's better content on the free tube channels than what you post up every Saturday morning.

Junior Poster

So someone smashes your window, breaks in - then hears you coming and runs away ... and you shoot them.
    If he is running off with my property, likely.

And I won't go to prison... Home invasion, in Michigan, is a Major Felony.

--

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by zulusierra View Post
    He's right. In Georgia, once someone attempts to make unlawful entry (kicking in door, putting arm through kitchen window) he's at the homeowners mercy.

In a lot of counties the sheriff will just be thankful there's one less piece of shit his officers have to deal with.
    Here, the sheriff's department will come take the report and offer you some support... cause even when you are in the right, it is a big deal, mentally, to kill someone.

--

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jamesedwards View Post
    YOu see I find some thing strange about that, Long Island man in NYC not to long ago, was threatened by over 20 individuals he said was gang related, words flew, then he fired 4 shouts into the ground as a warning, he has a license and everything. HE GOT ARRESTED!!! Mind you he didn't kill anyone.
    That is much more of an NYC issue... They have laws against the discharge of a firearm... for any reason.

Out where I live, if the cops were called because I fired into the ground, they would laugh at the caller.

Far as they are concerned, if I didn't shoot at someone, there is no issue at all.

I can't say about Martin/Zimmerman case. I wasn't there and I don't have enough info to even have an opinion.

But I do know this. Up here, in general, if you are a local with a permit, you will NOT be arrested unless you are intoxicated or there is something major out of whack with your account of events.

Why?

Because you are a local and they know exactly where to find you if they need to. Because, if you have passed the requirements for a carry permit here in MI you KNOW your sheriff and he knows you. Because, in most counties, the sheriff signs off on the permits.

--

Junior Poster

You don't travel much do you?
    Not anymore.

I spent a fair amount of time in Europe and the Middle East back in the 80's and early 90's.

Since the beginning of 'Security Theater', (showings every day at your local airport), I refuse to fly. This limits us a bit.

--