Page 1 of 235 1234561151101 ... LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

On February 26, our son Trayvon Martin was shot and killed as he walked to a family member's home from a convenience store where he had just bought some candy. He was only 17 years-old.

Trayvon's killer, George Zimmerman, admitted to police that he shot Trayvon in the chest. Zimmerman, the community's self appointed "neighborhood watch leader," called the police to report a suspicious person when he saw Travyon, a young black man, walking from the store. But Zimmerman still hasn't been charged for murdering my son.

Trayvon was our hero. At the age 9, Trayvon pulled his father from a burning kitchen, saving his life. He loved sports and horseback riding. At only 17 he had a bright future ahead of him with dreams of attending college and becoming an aviation mechanic. Now that’s all gone.

When Zimmerman reported Trayvon to the police, they told him not to confront him. But he did anyway. All we know about what happened next is that our 17 year-old son, who was completely unarmed, was shot and killed.

It's been nearly two weeks and the Sanford Police have refused to arrest George Zimmerman. In their public statements, they even go so far as to stand up for the killer - saying he's "a college grad" who took a class in criminal justice.

Please join us in calling on Norman Wolfinger, Florida's 18th District State's Attorney, to investigate my son's murder and prosecute George Zimmerman for the shooting and killing of Trayvon Martin.

Read the story above ... and click on link to sign petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pros...trayvon-martin

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in hite suburbia?

damn it, now im sad and fucking angry.
    all i can do is sign it, so i will

Senior Member Veteran Poster TatianaSummer's Avatar

I cant believe the murderer even confess and he doesnt get arrested? incredible

Last edited by TatianaSummer; 09-05-2012 at 06:46 AM.

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

shocking ... amazing legal system there in the usa

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

America is a wacky place. You'll notice in the recent senseless crime that happened here in Charlotte, the suspects race is never mentioned by the news media. Ever. Yet a family man is shot in the face, almost killed and his life is turned upside down. For those that are wondering, no petitions are being circulated that the young suspect be brought to justice. No famous religious leaders are beseeching the community that the suspect be turned in, so that the bad apple can be taken out of the community, no reward. Now, if that cab driver had killed the suspect in self defense....

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Polic...142221795.html

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-shooting.html

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...river-shooting

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

THey aren't the same situations at all, SFTB.
    One was murdered in the commission of a crime, the suspect still at large.

In the former, the murderer killed an unarmed teenager, phoned the police to report what he had done then claimed it was self-defense. No charges were brought against him.

Both are tragic, but at least in the OP we know the victim and the killer.
    I think it's shitty to imply since the cabby who was killed isn't benefiting from a public outcry of injustice, then why should it matter that a kid whose only crime was being BLACK was murdered in cold blood by a paranoid with a gun??

God Bless Amerikkka.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    THey aren't the same situations at all, SFTB.
    One was murdered in the commission of a crime, the suspect still at large.

In the former, the murderer killed an unarmed teenager, phoned the police to report what he had done then claimed it was self-defense. No charges were brought against him.

Both are tragic, but at least in the OP we know the victim and the killer.
    I think it's shitty to imply since the cabby who was killed isn't benefiting from a public outcry of injustice, then why should it matter that a kid whose only crime was being BLACK was murdered in cold blood by a paranoid with a gun??

God Bless Amerikkka.
    You miss my point entirely. Try to imagine that you live in a city where there is someone shooting people in the head for no reason at all. In the surveilance footage on the links I gave we see the youth. But the news media refuses to describe him fully, and yes it is because of his race.

Those pictures should be blown up, and every black church leader in town should be asking his congregation to find him. He shot a man in the head, didnt call emergency services, didnt bother checking to see if he was even alive, but calmly walked to the train, and went home.

In the Florida case, a man called 911, ended up confronting the youth, and called police after the shooting. At the very least there is more to the story. Let the police do their job.

Your hung up on the fact that one was killed and one wasnt. I'm hung up on the fact that we have UK based adult website owners coming on a TS forum passing a petition about a shooting that happened in Sanford FL in which the police have been involved from the get go. And we have a remorseless son of a bitch shooting people in the head here in Charlotte and noone in Charlotte that could find him seems to care.

Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    You miss my point entirely. Try to imagine that you live in a city where there is someone shooting people in the head for no reason at all. In the surveilance footage on the links I gave we see the youth. But the news media refuses to describe him fully, and yes it is because of his race.

Those pictures should be blown up, and every black church leader in town should be asking his congregation to find him. He shot a man in the head, didnt call emergency services, didnt bother checking to see if he was even alive, but calmly walked to the train, and went home.

In the Florida case, a man called 911, ended up confronting the youth, and called police after the shooting. At the very least there is more to the story. Let the police do their job.

Your hung up on the fact that one was killed and one wasnt. I'm hung up on the fact that we have UK based adult website owners coming on a TS forum passing a petition about a shooting that happened in Sanford FL in which the police have been involved from the get go. And we have a remorseless son of a bitch shooting people in the head here in Charlotte and noone in Charlotte that could find him seems to care.
    I'm struggling to see any logical connection between these two incidents. By your "logic" you should be equally upset with white church/community leaders for their failure to demonstrate their outrage that a young, unarmed, black teen was murdered for no reason. That's actually the point: race plays far too large of a role in our criminal justice system.

Black church/community leaders become outraged because this is a common occurrence. The difference isn't just that one person died. In one case the killer CONFESSED and yet remains unpunished. In the othe case, the shooter remains at large but there is certainly no indication that he will be let off Scott free without any repercussions. That's clearly NOT suggested by your article. In fact, once found, I can guarantee the shooter will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

I'm also struggling to think of white church leaders calling their entire congregation to find a criminal. In fact, your comment that black church leaders should be urging their congregation to find the shooter suggests that he is somehow connected to the congregation based on race alone. I don't look to the white community to punish a white criminal. I look to the POLICE. Unfortunately, when a young black kid is murdered by a relatively unassuming white guy, not even the police are helpful.

Granted, we don't know all the facts but I'm not sure there are any circumstances under which the American public would be willing to overlook the murder of an unarmed, white teenager, no matter how checkered his past may be.

Veteran Poster

When it's 80 plus degrees and someone is wearing a sweatshirt/hoodie in a gated community, they start out looking suspicious. NO ONE knows what kind of crap that kid gave the guard. Black teenagers are the most disrespectful group of kids in the world.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.