Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Editing post

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Editing post

It's officially official...If you put it on the internet...it's there.....fo'evah!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picking-nose.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	457628  

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Seems that every burp, hicupp and drunken mistake we produce is worthy of being kept by our masters here at Hung Angels. I wonder why they changed the rules to stop deletions?.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Seems that every burp, hicupp and drunken mistake we produce is worthy of being kept by our masters here at Hung Angels. I wonder why they changed the rules to stop deletions?.
    Many arguments probably avoided by deleting one's own posts. I've had poster's remorse many times but had the ability to save myself and push away from any impending drama. Seems like this makes things harder on the mods as much as anyone.

Was there a reason for doing this? Maybe there was a good one. We just aren't aware.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post

I think the new rule might have been created to discourage people from doing what Paris was trying to do a few days ago:

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=64981

(If someone with thousands of posts wants to delete each and every one of them, the continuity of a lot of threads is going to be affected.)

But, of course, I could be wrong - there might have been another reason…

Quote Originally Posted by traLika View Post
    I think the new rule might have been created to discourage people from doing what Paris was trying to do a few days ago:

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=64981

(If someone with thousands of posts wants to delete each and every one of them, the continuity of a lot of threads is going to be affected.)

But, of course, I could be wrong - there might have been another reason…
    That's a good point in the pro "no delete" column. Threads get awkward and impossible to decipher with too many missing pieces.

How unique is Paris' situation? I've seen other similar ones but not sure how common.

So much fighting here it just seems if we could muzzle ourselves, even after the fact, things would be less problematic.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    That's a good point in the pro "no delete" column. Threads get awkward and impossible to decipher with too many missing pieces.

How unique is Paris' situation? I've seen other similar ones but not sure how common.

So much fighting here it just seems if we could muzzle ourselves, even after the fact, things would be less problematic.

I don't think there are too many who'd want to completely remove all of their stuff from the forum so I don't believe that would be a good enough reason for Admin removing everyone's access to their old posts.

I can think of more reasons against what they have done. Wendy's already pointed out that it can be annoying when you want to update certain threads. As you've pointed out, we all say stupid shit from time to time and it would be nice to remove that stuff before someone is embarrassed, hurt or offended. And others might want to privately remove some of their more personal info that shouldn't really be 'public' any more.

So... I don't like the changes.

Maybe we should take a breathalyzer test as part of login procedures.