Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012

Default Kony 2012

I don't know about y'all, but I'd never heard of Joseph Kony or the Lord's Resistence Army. I'm not surprized though. Imagine Fred Phelps with an army of fanatics (brainwashed from childhood) & 2 decades of impunity.

I probably would have done the doc a bit differently, but the idea behind it is interesting. Flip on the light switch & see if the cockroach can find a place to hide from the boot.

Last edited by hippifried; 03-08-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    "You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Default Re: Kony 2012

Still no response. Thread after thread about some fatassed loudmouthed liar, & whether his lies about someone he didn't know anything about have merit. Huh?

Here's an asshole (the world's most wanted criminal) who's kidnapped, enslaved, maimed, murdered, & displaced millions of people, & nobody seems to give a shit. Why is that?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Hippiefried - this video has gone totally viral and fired up millions of people. For two nights running now UK news programmes have been full of this phenomenon. It is indeed a terrible thing and has been for a long time. It is odd that this has been picked up at last in this way when plenty of normal media coverage of the Lord's resistance Army over the past decade has achieved nothing. It is also interesting that this comes when this "organisation" is now no longer operating in Uganda. I suspect that most of the time the West and in broader terms the developed world don't pay attention to what happens in equatorial and sun equatorial Africa. There is often a "leave them to it" attitude to Black Africa.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

If I haven't responded before now, it is because is the first time I have seen it since retiring yesterday. Kony took over the 'franchise' from the weird so-called 'mystic' Alice Lakwena -the 'franchise' being the spiritual and political needs of the Acholi of northern Uganda who, like too many others, had suffered greatly during the chaotic and wasteful years of Idi Amin. There is a long tradition -if that is the right word- of apocalyptic, syncretic political-spiritual movements in Africa, which promise everything and deliver nothing, before or because they spiral into acts of violence. Many Ibo in secessionst Biafra became born-again Christians after the bleak civil war there, for example, clearly meeting a spiritual need politics had failed to give them.

The Lakwena movement -the Holy Spirit Movement, flourished in the lawless years and from this I suppose Kony thought he could make a living; the collision with the emerging government of Museveni and the National Resitance Army, that has brought stability to most of Uganda, some say at the price of democratic accountability and choice in elections, has left the Kony where he should have stayed, on the margins. If there is a comparison, in terms of actual irrelevance to Uganda, but with a deadly mission, although on a different scale, think of the Symbionese Liberation Army and its relevance to the USA, the recruitment strategy may be more extreme, but the concept of difference as exaltation and a sense of mission few understand is similar. The sooner this idiot is behind bars the better.

hippifried, I thought you might get a kick out of this:

Rush Limbaugh Supports Joseph Kony Because Kony is A Christian

“You never heard of Lord’s Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord’s Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord’s Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them.”- Rush Limbo

“How do you react to the news that Obama has dispatched a hundred soldiers to fight radical Christians in Africa?” - Limbo
    http://www.care2.com/causes/rush-lim...idnappers.html

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Perhaps Mr Limbaugh should show his solidarity with Kony and join him in the Bush. I am not even surprised or shocked at this, but it does underline how out of touch with reality the Republican party and its leadership is.

Where is OMK at! We need to hear him spin this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

There's been alot of nasaty shit done in the name of Jesus over time. That said, I still won't denigrate all o9f Christianity by lumping this asshole in with them. He's a fucking witch doctor. He took smatterings of Christianity (both Catholic & Protestant), Judaism, Islam, & Gnosticism, to mix with the traditional native beliefs, along with Animism & even canibalism. Then he declared himself Shaman. That's Christianity? Really? Since when? Rush Limbaugh has no earthly clue what he's talkin' about, & refuses to check facts before running off at the mouth. But we already knew that, right?

Actually, I'm not surprized by the "Christian connection" at all. Then there'll be the inevitable blather about Kony keeping communism at bay. Was it Uganda or Angola that made law giving the death penalty for being other than heterosexual? With way too many fundamentalist toons in positions of power, the claim of being Christian by fuckwads like Kony, gives them a free pass to do anything. It's a con. "I'm a Christian" is the first phrase out of the mouths of far too many criminals who are trying to get their prey to relax. It seems to work. Seems to me that the guy who made the video went out of his way to avoid bringing religion into the mix.

I don't think he's abandoned Uganda. There just isn't much to do with all the damage he's already caused. He's expanding, but he's also working the borders. It's a common tactic against anyone who respects jurisdictional boundaries. This clown has no respect for anyone or anything. He's just an immoral asshole who's using up air that someone else could be breathing.

Oh & by the way: President Bush sent the first round of US advisors into Uganda in 2008. I'm really not sure if President Obama's deployment was an extention or a restart. Regardless, there was already Congressional approval for these actions before he took office. Attempting to turn this situation into a Presidential campaign issue is just plain stupid.

~ Kinky Friedman ~

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I find it hard to believe that even someone as poisonous as Rush Limbaugh would not get his fact checkers - or the people who work for him - to check before making the ludicrous comments reported here, so can only conclude that he is simply playing on people's ignorance to take another below the belt shot at Preisdent Obama. Calling The Lord's Resistance Army Christians is like saying the Salvation Army is a paramilitary death squad for the mafia.

KONY 2012 Masturbation Meltdown: