Default any one ever been to divas in sf

Are there a lot of ts there? Passable? Is it a strip club or bar or club?

And what are me chances?

I guess just tell me about it thanks

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: any one ever been to divas in sf

Many times. Eva Lin used to work at the bar!
    It's a bar, a club and sometimes go-go's on three levels - very laid back.,

I would love to hear more about Divas. I've always wanted to go, but have yet to. What a thought; sitting at the bar and having Eva Lin serve you a drink. Damn, I'm sorry I missed that.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalkempire View Post
    Are there a lot of ts there? Passable? Is it a strip club or bar or club?

And what are me chances?

I guess just tell me about it thanks
    Full disclosure: I moved away from SF in 2001. But, it is a bar, not a strip club. They have a website that they do not update every often: http://www.divassf.com/
    The girls vary from dudes in wigs and bad make-up jobs to full-on hotties with DD-cups, mostly the latter. However, the hotter ones are mostly (all?) pros. If you have the cash, you can walk in, and be getting your heart's desire in a sketchy Tenderloin apartment within minutes. Some of the girls on eros-sf.com also go there, so that should be a good indicator of what you should have in your pocket, in addition to (for the love of God) condoms. If paying for it is okay with you, you can also just drive around the block after 1:30 (or even before), and the girls will be looking for company. If paying for it is NOT an option, then your choices will be limited: you could try Marlena's, which is nearby, or Aunt Charlie's, also close. Otherwise, craigslist, full-on gay bars that might have passable CDs on a weekend or special drag night (Tenderloin is the way to go, not the Castro), or some of the dance clubs in SOMA, where even hot t-girls go for fun, and if they like you, won't charge. Happy hunting!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I think it is an essential place for any lover of transexuals to visit in San Francisco. There is a bar on the ground floor which also has a show, although its mostly lipsynching and not original; the bar on the second floor has pole dancing which used to be themed so one night for example was naughty schoolgirls; there is a third floor which is for a more relaxing quiet drink, so the place has everything, but is only as good as the people who go to it; I went on I think a Thursday and a Saturday or something like that and met Kim from Vietnman who lived a short walk away in a small but clean and tidy apartment. You can only score there, and yes it may cost but if you know that in advance you are prepared; if you are young and fit you might strike it lucky. There are streetwalkers after midnight in that area and it is sleazy and can be risky too; one place I ended up had a broken bathroom door a pool of water on the floor and the girl was lacking in interest, a waste of money. Anyway, nobody says you have to go to Diva's and leave with anyone.
    AsiaSF on Howard St is a restaurant with ts barmaids who lipsynch while dancing on the bar; there is also an open bar downstairs; if you want to eat you have to book in advance, its sort of Asian fusion food; good place to take a girl although the straight crowd can tend to gawp if she is outstanding....go, enjoy!
    http://www.asiasf.com/index.php

Fly boy Rookie Poster

Agree with baddoc and Stavros. I went to Divas three nights running when I visited SF, and enjoyed myself each time. The downstairs bar isn't any too exciting -- stick with the one with the pole-dancing. Yes, the girls are professionals and you need a few dollars in your pocket, but you're pretty much guaranteed a good time even if you don't end up leaving with anyone. The entry charge is $10 or $20 and drinks are normal club prices, so you don't have to stretch yourself financially just to check the place out.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

I use to dance there... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by EvonRose View Post
    I use to dance there... hahaha
    Do you live in sf still?

will people think I'm crazy for showing up alone? Like can I still have a good time going alone to Divas

Quote Originally Posted by nevada64 View Post
    I would love to hear more about Divas. I've always wanted to go, but have yet to. What a thought; sitting at the bar and having Eva Lin serve you a drink. Damn, I'm sorry I missed that.
    Hey buddy do you wanna meet me there? I don't think I would have a good time there alone.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boardwalkempire View Post
    Do you live in sf still?

will people think I'm crazy for showing up alone? Like can I still have a good time going alone to Divas
    of course! the women there are accommodating you will never actually be alone...