Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Jeb Bush For President?

Bush just seems like he doesn't really want the job. He says he does, but maybe that's just a family push? You're right Slinger, conventional wisdom would have put him way higher a month or two ago...not anymore - he's got too much ground to cover to go from boring to inspirational. I also wouldn't have thought Trump would still be up this long. It also surprises me how really well Ben Carson is doing in polls. Yeah, he comes across as a nice soft spoken person, but am I the only one that thinks that - for a neurosurgeon, he seems like an incredibly dim bulb? At this moment in time, I think Marco Rubio might do best against Clinton...his handlers did well. He's not awkward any more, and his responses are quick and on point. He's been very well prepared. Ted Cruz debates well, but if he wins the primary, he's way too right wing for this country...unless the Democrats stay home.

but it's still soooo long to go.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Of course the SARAHPALINIZATION of the Republican Party is hilarious to me, but it's kind of scary that if you're 20 years old and are going to vote next year.....this shit is real to you!!!!
    It used to be the Republican Party would groom some candidate who would kiss their ring, and then he'd be a cardboard cut-out reading their speeches, like Reagan. At least then they were predictable, there was some comfort you knew what they were up to. Now, with Trump, the cardboard cut out (BUSH III) is CUT OUT, fo'real, man!!! What hath thee wrought Fox News!!!???????
    The old Republican Party really is G-O-H-N gone, like Pat Buchanan says, the Goldwater Republicans are all dying off.
    Eisenhower is forgotten. Now Bush41, Cheney, and Rumsfeld are all pointing fingers at each other, and poor Jeb is going to have a lot of drinks at Thanksgiving, this year, I think. I guess he figured this might happen, that the Bush name was cursed, but to a great extent the Bush name has cursed the entire Republican Party, probably for eight more years.

I thought Hillary was a shoe-in for 2008, but the Dems had kind of a "FREE SPIN" and backed Obama. Now it's Hillary's turn, but after that I see no heir apparent, I don't know who her vice president will be, Chelsea?

So I guess we'll have to wait til 2024 to have a real old fashion Presidential Election, again. I hope the Goddam Tea Party starts drinking the hard stuff and gets serious again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pat-buchanan.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	891513  

World Class Asshole

Cam Girl Junior Poster crystalsopen's Avatar

Ideology aside,I don't think we need to waste too much thought on Jeb.
    His net favorably is trending down. He could have been the electable conservative, but with such a poor performance in such a crowded field its unlikely he'll make a comeback.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    See more at ...
    My Tumblr
    and now on crystalsopen.com