Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

I love the Dead..... wish i was old enough to have seen them

be whoever you want to be....

Here's another great repository of audio, both the Dead and beaucoup others: http://www.sugarmegs.org/

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleTS
    Quote Originally Posted by ossumpei
    40 shows between 1980-1995, including the last two in Chicago, and the famous Eugene 93.

Here is a link for free live downloads.

http://web1.nugs.net/stash.asp?cmd=dl&artist=-1
    I haven't visited nugs.net in years. Too limited a selection if I recall and not always in lossless quality.

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreeli...rateful%20Dead
    This site is really good, has almost every show possible. They recently changed their policy though and you can only listen to SBD shows, although you can still download any AUD. This site also has a bunch of great music by a wide variety of other bands as well.

http://bt.etree.org/
    This site is great because they are still offering SBDs and 5.1 channel mixes of classic shows as well as whatever new shows get taped from a wide variety of bands once again. You'll need to have some basic knowledge on how to use BitTorrent, but it's easy. People always seem to think it's more complicated than it really is before they get it.

Hope these help ya. Enjoy.

Rookie Poster

I've been to many Dead shows, but cut down a lot after the '86 summer tour for career related reasons (I graduated from med school that year and became a junior resident, something that gives you almost no time at all). I saw them again a few times in '88 and '93, and that was it. My last Dead show was at Soldier Field, Chicago on June 18, 1993 - a week after the birth of my youngest daughter.

I still wear my '86 summer tour shirt sometimes; the shows weren't necessarily the greatest, but the Dead, Dylan and Tom Petty made a great show back then.

Junior Poster

kind trade for your xtra!!!! i enjoy the dead but i am truely a phish kid at heart 113 shows. moe and widesperad panic are great jam bands also.

Any hung angels here ever listen to Phish??

Junior Poster

there are a few that i know do.

Default Re: Any "Dead Heads"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhellis978
    Ok, the question has been asked for every type of ts in the book (i.e. black, asian, white, hispanic, punk, goth, etc.), but we have yet to ask about the "Dead Head" ts.

How about it, any Dead Heads ts's out there? Even the Republican Party has closeted "Dead Heads" , so I know there are bound to be one or two Dead Heads on this boad. Their music transcends generations; you don't have to be an aging hippy to love the Dead.
    The Dead are ok. But the Allman Brothers.............now that's music!!!

GOOD THINGS

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleTS
    Favorite year? I'll go with 1973.

Some of the best-ever versions of "Dark Star" (my favorite GD song), "The Other One," and "Playin' In the Band" date from that year, along with "Here Comes Sunshine," "Eyes Of the World," and "Weather Report Suite" which all were introduced in '73. By that time, Garcia had perfected his rounded, calling, squalling, lyrically singing, crying notes as opposed to his more country-and-western-sounding playing of two years earlier, Lesh achieved some of his richest, plushest, most air-conditioned-on-a-scorching-day bass playing, Weir continued to develop his "lead rhythm" guitar playing, Kreutzmann kept the rhythm supple and always moving, K. Godchaux added a little Fender Rhodes 88 to his grand piano playing, and his wife Donna was...Donna (which was a good thing, generally). Musically, they had melded into an organic amalgam of rock-and-roll, folk, country, jazz, non-Western musics, and avant-garde creativity as opposed to having shown one or more of the aforementioned influences as almost distinct entities, and Hunter and Barlow both contributed lyrics that evoked deep feeling and provoked thought, as opposed to the increasingly self-celebratory sex-drugs-and rock-and-roll party schtick that many rock bands were happy to emulate.

Only bad thing about 1973 was, of course, they lost Pigpen.

As for my favorite years, definitely the thermonuclear intensity of 1968-69, followed very closely by the hurtle-off-the-edge-into-the-void weirdness of 1972-74.

Junior Poster

the shows( dozin at the knick) where some good times, and some great tapes proove jerrry was good when he was in the mood to groove ! i was there and the vibe was soooooo good , i miss that feelin. just miss that feelin.. being in the room is what its about!....great bands still play rooms, just be in one and feel it again.

Junior Poster

ps , for those true headies ( fast eddie) gave me the name my name arc angel.