Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Any "Dead Heads"?

Ok, the question has been asked for every type of ts in the book (i.e. black, asian, white, hispanic, punk, goth, etc.), but we have yet to ask about the "Dead Head" ts.

How about it, any Dead Heads ts's out there? Even the Republican Party has closeted "Dead Heads" , so I know there are bound to be one or two Dead Heads on this boad. Their music transcends generations; you don't have to be an aging hippy to love the Dead.

5 Star Poster

I need a miracle

Rookie Poster

I am but it's not the only thing I listen to at all. Love being as diverse as possible. Obviously too young to have ever seen any GD shows, but do own about 250 and they aren't even one of the 3 bands that I own the most shows of. Although I hardly listen to any of those bands right now (still love them just that my interests have been elsewhere) and I do think about all the $$ I've spent on blank CDs (used to go through a 50 CDR spindle per week for a couple years). If I could have all that $$ back right now there's definatly some much more worthwhile things to use it on. Favorite year? I'll go with 1973.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ossumpei
    40 shows between 1980-1995, including the last two in Chicago, and the famous Eugene 93.

Here is a link for free live downloads.

http://web1.nugs.net/stash.asp?cmd=dl&artist=-1
    I haven't visited nugs.net in years. Too limited a selection if I recall and not always in lossless quality.

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreeli...rateful%20Dead
    This site is really good, has almost every show possible. They recently changed their policy though and you can only listen to SBD shows, although you can still download any AUD. This site also has a bunch of great music by a wide variety of other bands as well.

http://bt.etree.org/
    This site is great because they are still offering SBDs and 5.1 channel mixes of classic shows as well as whatever new shows get taped from a wide variety of bands once again. You'll need to have some basic knowledge on how to use BitTorrent, but it's easy. People always seem to think it's more complicated than it really is before they get it.

Hope these help ya. Enjoy.

Junior Poster

ssaw the dead a number of times in the 80's and contien to see the spin-off bands when I can....went to two phil shows at the beacon last week, all three hammerstein and all three tower shows..

for shows got to www.tmnsp.net

Favorite years are 72, 68-69, 77-78

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mtbazz
    ssaw the dead a number of times in the 80's and contien to see the spin-off bands when I can....went to two phil shows at the beacon last week, all three hammerstein and all three tower shows..

for shows got to www.tmnsp.net

Favorite years are 72, 68-69, 77-78
    Did you happen to go to the 2/12/06 show at the Beacon? Usually don't download new stuff anymore but that one definatly interested me. Actually in the process of downloading it now. If you went, how was it?

Junior Poster

Invisible..

Didnt go to sunday....But I can tell you that Saturday at the Beacon was very good...HAmmerstien last night and saturday night good also (the help>slip>frank last night was simply incredible...

Ariana, overrated is in the ear of the beholder...Outside of Jazz artitsts, the dead were simply the best improvisatial band that has ever existed, and Phil is doing a great job of carrying the torch...

Junior Poster

no problem Ariana...Im just overly pumped from last nights show! Great jammy music and fine dancing !

By the way, this is pretty much the first time Ive hung in NYC, so whats up with all of the nice, freindly attractive women ???

Down where I am (outer philly burbs) , I can barely get a woman to act like Im not invisible much less smile and say hello.....Looks like I'll need to start hanging up there more often!

Junior Poster

Love the Dead. Saw them about 50 times between '84 and '93. Finally heard "Promised Land" at RFK and hung it up. My favorite live moment was a "New Speedway Boogie" around '91, though.......

"Some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls' mothers....."

Junior Poster

Jerry is/was God. Saw over 30 east coast shows. Oxford,ME and Highgate,Vt were great. Nothing beats an outdoor show in a laid back venue. Of course the Boston Gahden shows were great. I got 2 front row Jerry tix from mail order, amazing. I haven't been to a concert since Jerry died, every other live show pales in comparison to the whole Dead experience. I've toyed with the idea of seeing the reformulated band, but ....I don't know...maybe someday.