Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default Re: Things to do in Montreal?

Too bad the Expos moved to DC...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Junior Poster

Spent last week in Montreal, had a great time. My girlfriend and I went to a Swingers Club on Thursday night, wow that was amazing!

Veteran Poster

Spent last week in Montreal, had a great time. My girlfriend and I went to a Swingers Club on Thursday night, wow that was amazing![/QUOTE]

Bro, we need more description than 'that was amazing'.

I tried a handful of girls from shemale canada, and their services SUCKED big time. No GFE but all mechanical service.

Also, what's up with the airfares? 800 $ from Mid Atlantic to Montreal (1.5 hr flight). It is cheaper to fly to Europe for that price.

You are cordially invited to toss my salad

Quote Originally Posted by buckjohnson View Post
    I have been to many clubs all over the US and never been in a bar fight.
    Same, I've been into about 4 fights all my life. All before I was 17.

I use to be a Goon. Now I'm a Pretty Bitch.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by envivision View Post
    Also, what's up with the airfares? 800 $ from Mid Atlantic to Montreal (1.5 hr flight). It is cheaper to fly to Europe for that price.
    Okay, so I'm not the only one noticing that.

Boston -> Montreal is about 320 miles or 515km, which is the same as traveling from Boston to D.C., probably a little less. Airfares from Boston to D.C. can be had for $150-ish R/T, even less than a week in advance. But airfares to Montreal are four times that--and many of the routings aren't even direct, they go via JFK or Detroit. Via *Detroit*? Sense, this airline makes none.

There's gotta be some kinda weird taxation or protectionism thing going on with the Canadian government, that's all I can figure. Or there's a severe, artificially-induced cap on the number of flights per day out of YUL to points in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic. Otherwise, it's a real head-scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz View Post
    Same, I've been into about 4 fights all my life. All before I was 17.
    Yeah, I've never been in a bar fight either, and I've been in some pretty scary-looking dives in my time.

I visited Montreal and Quebec for winter carnival many moons ago - two things made a glaring impression:
    there were an unusually large amount of incredibly hot women in both cities
    these people really really really like to fist fight
    I saw more bar fights in one week than I had seen in my previous 10 years of bar hopping all over the world. strangely, as an obvious outsider it seemed I was excluded from the er.... FUN.they only seemed interested in fighting other Quebecois. maybe they considered it below their dignity to fight anyone who did not speak french. everyone was very friendly to me and I had a great trip

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BiBoyinBeantown View Post

Boston -> Montreal is about 320 miles or 515km, which is the same as traveling from Boston to D.C., probably a little less. Airfares from Boston to D.C. can be had for $150-ish R/T, even less than a week in advance. But airfares to Montreal are four times that--and many of the routings aren't even direct, they go via JFK or Detroit. Via *Detroit*? Sense, this airline makes none.

There's gotta be some kinda weird taxation or protectionism thing going on with the Canadian government, that's all I can figure. Or there's a severe, artificially-induced cap on the number of flights per day out of YUL to points in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic. Otherwise, it's a real head-scratcher.

Same price structure to fly to Toronto. So, yes, it got to do with the greedy Canadian Government.

The cheapest thing is to fly to Burlington, Vermont then take the greyhound bus to Montreal.

You are cordially invited to toss my salad

Quote Originally Posted by BiBoyinBeantown View Post

holy shite!!! $800!!! for another $400 you could r/t to Thailand!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by envivision View Post
    Same price structure to fly to Toronto. So, yes, it got to do with the greedy Canadian Government.

The cheapest thing is to fly to Burlington, Vermont then take the greyhound bus to Montreal.
    Well, for me, the cheapest thing is "take a commuter train in to Boston, then take Greyhound to Montreal." *points to user ID* Whether that's cheaper or more expensive than driving depends on the current cost of gas, and whether and how much I have to pay for parking in Montreal.