Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

Default Re: what do you think about the oscars so far?

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Whoops!

Don't know about Drive for best pic, but Ryan Gosling should have been in there for his performance in both that movie and in the Ides of March. His performance in Blue Valentine was outstanding too, searing, true and utterly heartbreaking. He is a very fine actor.

And while I'm at it, Michael Fassbender should have been nominated for Shame.
    Ryan Gosling can perform for me anytime he wants...

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

I hate the Oscars. Little known JPH fact, I get an Oscar vote from my days in the technical side of things. These awards are so bogus and political. They make the AVN awards look legitimate.

Harry Potter part 2 made the most money last year. It is, the best picture. I didn't like it, but you can't argue with 381 million in box office. Wasn't even nominated. Of the nominated pictures, Bridesmaids and the Help were the 2 highest grossing movies. 12 others made more money. Clearly, those 12 were better. Otherwise people wouldn't have gone to see them. Yet, no nominations outside of the Special Effects categories. Hell, Bridesmades is a rip-off of The Hangover, and comedies don't normally get nominated, but this one was with women, so it's all good in Oscar-land. Just think back to 1989, which of these movies do you actually remember, Coal Miner's Daughter, Ordinary People, and Empire Strikes back. Only one of these didn't win an Academy Award, give you a hint, it's the one you actually remember seeing.

And then there's the political side of things. Academy voters are mostly white. Was Merryl Streep really better than Viola Davis, or was she just whiter? Was Crash really better than Brokeback Mountain, or just less gay? And was Alan Arkin really better in Little Miss Sunshine than Jackie Earl Haley in Little Children, or just less of a pedophile character? The Academy is a bunch of pussies when it comes to anything controversial. Hell, look how safe the broadcast is. Billy fucking Crystal???? I thought the man was dead to be honest...actually he might have been, because he certainly wasn't funny. Hollywood can't even take a joke aimed at itself. Ricky Gervais on the People's Choice Awards was funny as hell, but make fun of Jonny Depp and Angelina Jolie at an awards telecast? How dare he!

Even the nominating process is stupid, Meryl Streep wasn't the best actress. Yet her contracts require that the studios publicize her for "consideration" for an award. The amount of money for this publicity is in the contracts as is where it is to be spent. If you picked up a copy of variety magazine, Adam Sandler had a "for your consideration" ad for Jack and Jill. Then the voting process is stupid because if you nominate someone or some movie that doesn't get a certain amount of votes, your sceond choice on the nomination ballot gets those votes. So, say you really liked Tilda Swinton in "We Need to Talk About Kevin" but for giggles decided I'll cast a vote for Helen Miren as my second choice. If Tilda Swinton only gets 7% of the votes, and Helen Miren is somewhere around 40%, and a whole bunch of folks thought she was the second best choice, those votes get added to Helen, who gets pushed over the magic number and gets a nomination. There could be 30 people who get first place votes, but if enough people chose the same 2nd or 3rd choice, that 2nd or 3rd choice gets a nomination. Then then Academy is picking a winner from a bunch of people who often aren't good enough to be considered as first choices. Even though as a member of the Academy you get send screening DVD's, you don't have time to sit through all of them, and most you don't really want to. Got to be honest, I didn't even see the Glen Close flick, and it was nominated for three awards. Most of the voters don't. They see a few, then pick some friends or highly respected people in the industry as their second or third choices. There have been previous years when people's 6th choice gets added to a nominee's tally. It's sad. I don't even nominate or vote anymore. I pitch my ballot when it comes in the mail.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Cringed and guffawed at this:

thanks for your insight jenniferParisHusband.
    I watched the Oscar show and was thrilled to see a glimpse of J lo's tits.
    Don't know anyone who saw the dopey silent movie that won best picture, but if it made money then God bless them.
    And the assholes still haven't apologized for leaving out Farrah the year she died.
    They honor people who've passed. Most of whom no one knows or gives a shit about ... but I still watch

Tranny Lover Junior Poster Tran Fan's Avatar

Who won "Best Tranny in a Motion Picture"?

Ashely Sky Rookie Poster Ashley Sky Hostess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tran Fan View Post
    Now thats funny....lol

Ashley Sky
    "Tranny Strip Hostess and Celebrity Look a Like"

My Celebrity Look a Like Website:
    www.KimKardashianLookaLike.com

My NYC Weekly Hostess Info:
    www.TrannyStrip.com

My Agent & Manager:

www.PartyProductionsNYC.com

Weekly NYC Hostess Schedule:
    Friday's: Tranny Strip at STUDIO 21 NIGHTCLUB
    59 West 21st Street
    Corner of 6th Avenue
    NYC

www.TrannyStrip.com

http://www.trannystrip.com

I think Yasmin Lee had that category locked up this year. Hangover 2 is the only one I can recall, unless I'm missed something.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Oh, and welcome to HA Ashley.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Vaniity