Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: what do you think about the oscars so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre View Post
    I liked J Lo's dress, and loved Cameron's dress.

And I don't care if Angie fucked up her speech or if people think she looked skinny. That strapless black velvet Versace dress was sickening, and so was her makeup and hair.
    But should Angleina have worn black tights or stockings with that dress? A bare leg seems to me to be lacking in class.

I also thought Viola Davis wearing green was a big mistake. The woman in gold on Mr Clooney's arms was the best dressed of the night.

But I was just happy to see how the dress was cut. lol

But I don't know. Did she look that skinny? Maybe it's the size of her hands? I thought she looked ok. She's never really been voluptuous. Here's last night...

And here's only a month ago at the Golden Globes...

I liked the Globes dress more anyway; another Versace.

But I think she looks fine. I dunno.

Stockings? I dunno. I don't think they were necessary. Women go bare-legged a lot more often these days. It has nothing to do with "class". If I remember correctly, lot's of younger women at the royal wedding were bare-legged. I think it's perfectly fine.

Senior Member Junior Poster

as a french, i can only say félicitations to the artist

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

Angelina was so beautiful!!! When has she ever tried being sexy wasn't she like voted one of the most beautiful women? And didn't maxim vote her sexiest like 4 years in a row? Anyways its funny how Angelina was kind of not part of the oscars yet she managed to steal the spotlight again? from everyone else! She is always talked about... She seems like a robot like she was made. love it!

Btw I hate stocking!!!! especially to an event like this it will ruin Angelina Jolie's dress, stockings on a business attire yes, But on a versace dress? no! I had a guy who always told me to wear stockings for his fetish but i realized men are not the most fashionable when the dick starts thinking...

Last edited by EvonRose; 02-27-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Veteran Poster

brad is a lucky guy

Ok Nicole and Evon, fair points. All I will say in defence is that her legs are thin and stockings or tights would probably smooth over her knees -? Not sure how it works. Historically there was a furore in Australia in 1965 when the world's first supermodel, Jean Shrimpton, went to the country's most prestigious horse race, the Melbourne Cup without gloves, stockings or a hat...Former Lady Mayoress of Melbourne was quoted as saying If Miss Shrimpton wants to wear skirts four inches above the knee in London, that's her business, but it's not done here. I feel we do know so much better than Miss Shrimpton...we all dress correctly here...

http://www.milesago.com/Features/shrimpton.htm

better pics here, esp Sarah Jessica Parker -scroll down to Sept 10 2010 Friday Night Fashion
    http://closetmelbourne.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Ok Nicole and Evon, fair points. All I will say in defence is that her legs are thin and stockings or tights would probably smooth over her knees -? Not sure how it works. Historically there was a furore in Australia in 1965 when the world's first supermodel, Jean Shrimpton, went to the country's most prestigious horse race, the Melbourne Cup without gloves, stockings or a hat...Former Lady Mayoress of Melbourne was quoted as saying If Miss Shrimpton wants to wear skirts four inches above the knee in London, that's her business, but it's not done here. I feel we do know so much better than Miss Shrimpton...we all dress correctly here...

http://www.milesago.com/Features/shrimpton.htm

better pics here, esp Sarah Jessica Parker -scroll down to Sept 10 2010 Friday Night Fashion
    http://closetmelbourne.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html
    Well that was almost 50 years ago, Stavros. lol

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

yeah style changes in that 50 years span... and Stockings to me is way too much... unless its for show in bed or business attire... not for dresses like this.... I think her legs look hot long, thin, and toned. To me her body is toned now, back in the day she's was skinny but no muscle tone.... she was always thin and is I do believe thats her natural physique...

Random passing thoughts (I watched it stoned, so that may or may not have affected my perception):
    Loved Cameron Diaz...she's aging nicely...love her.
    Thought/think Sandra Bullock is a cutey...but hated her dress.
    Mara Rooney's pretty, but it would've been hotter if she showed up in Lisbeth Salander mode.
    George Clooney never shows any type of warmth or chemistry with his GFs...they are just there,...for instance Stacy Keibler looks like she just randomly sat next to him because the seat was empty..lol (I did like his movie though).
    Liked Meryl Streep's and Christopher Plummer's speeches.
    Probably will check out the Artist.
    ..and since she was mentioned: Angelina Jolie is beautiful...but she never had nice legs...but from the waist up: gorgeous.