Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bannedforlife Junior Poster

Default Re: Never Forget. Never Again.

FDR was heavily influenced by the circumstances surrounding a terroist attack by germans in NYC many years previously. In retrospect, he was most likely wrong. We will never know. Anyone that would compare this with what the nazis did to the jews is just trying to stoke the fires of anti-americanizm.

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fastingforlife View Post
    FDR was heavily influenced by the circumstances surrounding a terroist attack by germans in NYC many years previously. In retrospect, he was most likely wrong. We will never know. Anyone that would compare this with what the nazis did to the jews is just trying to stoke the fires of anti-americanizm.
    very well saidnow i wonder what would happen if www3 came about would we round up all the muslims?i dont think so.the japs levelled pearl harbour and we dropped the most leathal bomb ever created right on there heads should we be ashamed of that not likely we were in an act of war it wasnt pretty but its what needed to be done period.maybe the star trek guys been sucking to much dick and caught a rare brain disorder,if it wasnt for america hed be stuck in a bath house somewhere licking cum off the towells.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fastingforlife View Post
    Niihau Incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not really talked about like the Germans and Italians being interned. War changes people's attitudes really fast.

Professional Poster

Well, glad to see he brought it up, so how about those laws recently passed where people can be executed without trial, held up in indefinite detention for life and how guantanomo bay is never going to be closed? Seems like we're WORSE than it was back then...

Junior Poster

Beardedone, has George Takei expressed any regrets for Pearl Harbor and the treatment of American GI's in Japanese prisoner of war camps?

Rounding people up and putting them in internment camps IS fundamentally different than rounding people up and putting them in death camps.

Germany's rounded up a lot of people including Jews, political opponents, homosexuals, Roma, the list goes on. Once you accept that the authorities can round up large numbers of people from your midst for no other crime than who they are, you have to accept whatever happens to them ultimately. Disease could break out in the camps and all the people could die for example.

Whether the German people knew that their government was intending to gas to death the Jewish family from down the hall, they did know that the government was dispossessing them of their homes property and freedom for the crime of being Jewish and carting them off to their fate.

German society did not stop this or raise any serious objection. They quietly went along and some even alerted the authorities to Jews they had missed.

Now, if the authorities round up all of the muslims, or jews, or gays, or natives or blacks,Mexicans, Armenians or Catholics, or mormons etc., to be relocated "somewhere out of sight", is anyone arguing that it is OK, as long as you are sure that they will not be systematically exterminated?

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

I suppose you approve of and would prefer to be treated the way the japanese treated people in occupied countries or prisoners of war...

Are you asking me?

Because it should be pretty clear my answer is no, I do not condone Japanese conduct of the war.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The German father of a friend of mine was interned in a camp in Canada; two of the leading violinists in what became the Amadeus String Quartet met in an internment camp on the Isle of Man.

The British rounded up resident of German and Italian origin and interned them in the Uk or in Canada, the internment of known fasicts also took place but separately; and in both world wars Canadian Germans were also badly affected and towns like Berlin, Ontario, re-named to remove the stigma...two short precis here:

http://www.whitepinepictures.com/see.../history2.html

http://www.history.org.uk/resources/...e_2306_20.html

http://rt.com/news/america-fascism-ron-paul-705/ Corporatocracy: Ron Paul says US ‘slipping into fascism’

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.