Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone knows what's included in the cover charge of the tranny awards?

We got messed around on the previous location which was meant to be all done and dusted, 4 weeks before the show I was informed that they wanted to bring in a regular club night they had right after our show at 11:30pm (!?!) as we were already expecting to max the place out and more importantly, I didn't care for their lack of concern for safety for our group we had to move.

Joseph's Cafe was one of the few choices we had and they've been very accommodating although the main stage area is a lot smaller than I'd anticipated (I only got to see it this week). We are bringing in our own stage and there will be sponsors tables at the front and sides, there isn't a VIP area as such for nominees although there wouldn't have been at the other venue either as that was some of the feedback from last year, that is was too segregated.

We've been encouraging people to get tickets for the event at http://trannyawards2011.eventbrite.com/ to guarantee entrance.

We have a LOT of sponsors, nominees, special guests and such and a good amount of tix have been sold so getting a ticket is the only way we can guarantee entrance.

Nominees in the model categories get entry but if they bring guests, they will need to pay.

Red carpet will begin at 8.30 and there is quite a lot of press. The red carpet will end at 10 sharp so don't arrive late and expect to get interview/photographed on it.

We have a photo booth inside the show where anyone can have snaps taken and emailed to themselves. There is a large bar area and the main hall will be opened out to the outdoor area so I hope everyone can see the stage.

We will be clearing the main room and re-arranging the floor/removing the stage immediately after the show to leave more dance space.

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone knows what's included in the cover charge of the tranny awards?

Seanchia,
    I'm sure your hands are full this weekend. If I may suggest for next year, maybe try a convention size hall at one of the hotels in LA area or Vegas. There is a fetish convention, called DomCon held every year, so that venue is open to different lifestyles. Glamourcon is held every year in LA also, and the hotel goes as far as to discount rates for exhibitors. I hope you all have big night tgonight, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    Seanchia,
    I'm sure your hands are full this weekend. If I may suggest for next year, maybe try a convention size hall at one of the hotels in LA area or Vegas. There is a fetish convention, called DomCon held every year, so that venue is open to different lifestyles. Glamourcon is held every year in LA also, and the hotel goes as far as to discount rates for exhibitors. I hope you all have big night tgonight, cheers!
    Thanks we looked at them and we're somewhat in-between on size of event to be able to do one of those venues. We've got someone working on next year already!
    Thanks!

Professional Poster NatashaLover's Avatar

I tried that website and this is the page that appears
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaa.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	364.0 KB 
ID:	451978  

"Flush Beats a Full House"

"Gold is not the only thing that shines baby!"

Senior Member Junior Poster hefzfavebunii's Avatar

I don't understand why Transsexuals should have to pay to get into an even that is making everyone else but them money...

Quote Originally Posted by hefzfavebunii View Post
    I don't understand why Transsexuals should have to pay to get into an even that is making everyone else but them money...
    I don't know anyone apart from the bar and the award winners that are making money from the event?

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaLover View Post
    I tried that website and this is the page that appears
    Closed because it's less than 24 hrs before the event and we've hit our target on guest list and tickets.
    If you want to come for sure Natasha just send me an email at admin@grooby.com

"Tranny Strip" Producer Veteran Poster TrannyStripperParty's Avatar
    Details about Weekly NYC TS Events go to: www.TrannyStrip.com

The cover charge to our event Monday includes 20+ dancers and 4 productions /shows!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Awards Half Page Ad.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	490.6 KB 
ID:	452091  

John Ed
    Producer of "Tranny Strip"
    "NYC Weekly Most Packed TS Events"

Email: TrannyStrip@aol.com
    Hotline: 646-553-2966

http://www.trannystrip.com/#!calenda...anny-awards-la