Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The ever reaching arm of a burdensome, un-constitutional government

So now the federal government feels it is they're responsibility to inspect 4 year olds lunches. We actually hire USDA officials to search 4 year olds coming to schools with the lunches their parents have packed.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Last edited by Faldur; 02-16-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: The ever reaching arm of a burdensome, un-constitutional government

The government of Virginia now feels it needs to rape women who seek abortions in their first trimester by jamming an ultrasound device up their vaginas without their consent and with absolutely no medical need. The vote for the bill was split down partisan lines. It is the conservatives who want big government in your sex life.

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/articl...inia-and-texas

Not a surprise though. It's the conservatives who say that your boss's religious sensitivities trump their employee's individual freedoms. Just gotta hope your boss doesn't convert to Christian Science or becomes a Jehovah's Witness!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    It's the conservatives who say that your boss's religious sensitivities trump their employee's individual freedoms.
    Huh? Which "boss" is trying to say their sensitivities are superior to anyone else's? You used the keyword, freedom. The "boss" has no less a right to freedom than does an employee. But an oppressive government has no business in this country telling anyone that they MUST buy something.

But when the USDA wants to come in to search your lunch box to ensure your eating the right foods, thats ok. So how far out until the NCCC comes into your home to inspect your computer to ensure you are only visiting the sites government wants you to visit?

The latter issue to which I'm referring is the objection of the Catholic hierarchy to the requirement that the health care insurance they provide to their university employees, hospital employees etc. include the coverage of contraception. Their logic is if you're employed by a Jehovah Witness, they don't need to provide you with insurance that covers blood transfusions... because JW's find blood transfusions morally abhorrent. This is an issue, as you must know, is currently being demagogued by conservatives throughout the U.S.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Again Trish, freedom really isn't that hard to understand. An employer has the freedom to manage his company with his/her personal beliefs. An employee enjoys every free benefit that an employer does, along with the freedom to choose where they work.

And now that you have totally changed the topic, I supposed your in complete agreement with governmental searches of 4 year old lunch pails?

Last edited by Faldur; 02-17-2012 at 01:13 AM.

What are they searching for? Why are searching for it? Who's actually is doing the searching? Are they really actually searching the lunch pails of four year olds ('cause they don't usually go to school)? You didn't give a link to the bill or a non-Fox story covering the bill.

An employer has the freedom to manage his company with his/her personal beliefs.
    Wrong. A pharmacist cannot decide he doesn't believe in antibiotics and refuse to sell them. Certain pharmacists in Illinois claimed they didn't have to carry or sell birth control. The State and the courts saw the issue differently; i.e. they do have to carry and sell birth control.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I believe that the incident in question, in North Carolina, is this one:
    http://www.nccivitas.org/2012/state-...t-china-is-it/

The issue of nutrition in school meals has been in and out of the news here for a few years since the tv/celebrity chef Jamie Oliver determined to wean high school children off a lunchtime menu of 'turkey twizzlers' and fries -and demonstrated not only that nutritious meals were simple to make, and cheaper -but that most 13 yr olds didn't want them! The food was junk, the turkey was poor quality and loaded with cereal and water, and so on. At a school where the healthy option was de rigeur, angry parents were passing fish 'n chips to little Darren and Sharon through the school gates.

Ok, it seems in Carolina even though the Inspector hired by the State to implement a nutrition progrmme developed with good intentions, forced the girl to accept the school meal as well as her own, what was it? Chicken Nuggets!!! It was the lack of a vegetable in the girl's lunchbox that alarmed the Commissar, but she didn't eat the one the school did provide anyway, so if there is a healthy eating programme going on in the school, it clearly didn't work.

The girl does'nt like vegetables, I hated them too when I was little, its a desperately anxious period in life and my school days around the age of 7-11 were an absolute misery at lunchtimes.

Change of programme methinks. Or ditch it, and hope that parents will, if they can afford it, provide their children with healthy lunches.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Again Trish, freedom really isn't that hard to understand. An employer has the freedom to manage his company with his/her personal beliefs. An employee enjoys every free benefit that an employer does, along with the freedom to choose where they work.

And now that you have totally changed the topic, I supposed your in complete agreement with governmental searches of 4 year old lunch pails?

These Libs slay me. As long as it's their guy encroaching on individual rights....they're essentially mum. Civil liberties from me.......not for thee ! lol You don't need to close your eyes and imagine the hand wringing of Rachel Maddow if it was the Bush Administration that allowed the groping of grandmas at the airport....or strip searches because of colostomy bags. They screamed Bush and Cheeny were shreding the Constitution, but remain curiouly silent when his successor ( closer to their idelogy) keeps in place the exact same policies. At least with respect to the Kelo Supreme Court decision, libertarians and conservatives were vociferous about private property rights. We didn't look at the Bush Administration and say....well he's our guy so we'll temper our disdain. They tell us we're Islamophobic and that we don't respect religion because of opposition to the Ground Zero mosque, and out of the other side of their mouths.....they tell us a 20 dollar morning after pill trumps religious liberty. They scream and stomp their feet about the Patriot act and it's modest provisions, yet can't muster the energy to protest the reality that attractive woman are being singled out at airports for full body scans and rubs. They draw some sort of equivalency between the Bush theoretical policy of tracking guns to Mexican Cartels, yet call us racist when we demand to know why Holder made no provisions to actually track these guns and Mexican citizens are being slaughtered by those guns. How dare we demand to have the facts?
    They call us bigots and Bull Conner when we ask the same level of proof to exercise that most sacred privilege of voting that we do when cashing a check, with the full knowledge that states have found tens of thousands of dead people on the voting rolls. How dare we demand proof of residency? They say they cherish free speech, yet support and patronize organizations that look to crush and silence opposing views. They want to extinguish your right to smoke tobacco anywhere, anytime, even in private establishments , and deny your second amendment rights....monitor your sugar and fat intake....yet speak of your discomfort with the amount of federally funded abortions, and you'll be singled out and vilified. It's called hypocrisy...and they live it and breath it everyday. How any of these people can even look in the mirror, behold the oozing, intellectual dishonesty, and not want to smash what they see is truly mystifying to me.

These fuckers must be "shellacked" over and over again.

Damn that North Carolina big brother government for trying to make sure kids get a balanced meal. DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I believe that the incident in question, in North Carolina, is this one:
    http://www.nccivitas.org/2012/state-...t-china-is-it/

The issue of nutrition in school meals has been in and out of the news here for a few years since the tv/celebrity chef Jamie Oliver determined to wean high school children off a lunchtime menu of 'turkey twizzlers' and fries -and demonstrated not only that nutritious meals were simple to make, and cheaper -but that most 13 yr olds didn't want them! The food was junk, the turkey was poor quality and loaded with cereal and water, and so on. At a school where the healthy option was de rigeur, angry parents were passing fish 'n chips to little Darren and Sharon through the school gates.

Ok, it seems in Carolina even though the Inspector hired by the State to implement a nutrition progrmme developed with good intentions, forced the girl to accept the school meal as well as her own, what was it? Chicken Nuggets!!! It was the lack of a vegetable in the girl's lunchbox that alarmed the Commissar, but she didn't eat the one the school did provide anyway, so if there is a healthy eating programme going on in the school, it clearly didn't work.

The girl does'nt like vegetables, I hated them too when I was little, its a desperately anxious period in life and my school days around the age of 7-11 were an absolute misery at lunchtimes.

Change of programme methinks. Or ditch it, and hope that parents will, if they can afford it, provide their children with healthy lunches.
    Interesting I hated school lunch most of the time. I remember a kid eating a green hot dog in the 3rd or 4th grade. And there vegetable YUCK. I surely hope that the food is better these days at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!