Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: whitney houston has died

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles resident View Post
    These were reportedly the last pictures taken of her by paparazzi. I'm guessing the latter part of this week.

you'd think the media would have a little decency and not keep showing these sad pics of her.
    hopefully tonight's Grammy's will be a respectful tribute to a remarkable career

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    you'd think the media would have a little decency and not keep showing these sad pics of her.
    hopefully tonight's Grammy's will be a respectful tribute to a remarkable career

The Hollywood Media? You can't be serious Flabby. They live for this shit. They help create these stars, and they revel in their demise. The press and the beautiful people use each other. Just the way it is....And shouldn't it be? Why should we be filtered from the bad, but only see the good? I understand a certain amount of respect and decorum, but this is the press and they have neither. Whitney Houston was a marvelously talented, beautiful lady but like all of us...flawed. Unfortunately for her, and for us...her flaw was addiction. I submit we need to see the good with the bad....that ultimately was who she really was.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    If you pursue and obtain fame you have to take the good with the bad. And in this case the bad is having the last photos taken of you (where you look drunk or drugged up) run all over the internet. This should be (but most likely won't be) a cautionary tale for other celebs. Lindsey Lohan should be paying attention.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    The Hollywood Media? You can't be serious Flabby. They live for this shit.
    You're right. I live here.

Junior Poster

she was an amazingly talented and beautiful woman. she got hooked up with that scumbag bobby brown and it started to all crumble..to me superstars are like children..if left unattended bad things will happen..we all need someone to keep us in line from time to time.. a parent... a friend..someone who will tell us the truth about ourselves and how we are behaving..money cant erase ignorance or stupidity..it just buys people ,to turn their heads or agree everything is fine..it amazes me that with all her so called friends no one could actually reach her and really help her...ever hear of tuff love..its such a shame and a waste..she was amazing..and will be missed ..what a waste..

02/11/12: The day my idol, my superstar, my all time favorite singer died, is the day when my whole world collapsed and my heart broke to pieces like a mirror. How shall I ever understand this?

Whitney Houston: I have looked up to you for 20 years (since I started thinking... I could not speak 1 English word but I could sing along your songs), I used to sit in my br...other's room holding your album covers in my small hands and begging him to play your songs again and again, I have defended you against everyone who said only one bad word against you, I have also been a fan when you were not on stage, when nobody was talking about you, when you were not releasing songs and albums. You are the only artist I have ever had a picture on my wall - when I was a small child, when I was a teenager in puberty and nowadays! I have always said: If I could make a wish, I would wish to meet Whitney Houston- even if it's only possible for 1 minute! All my family and friends know how much of your fan I have always been - and will be forever! I was never wearing a T-shirt of you or a handbag with your name on it because I never liked this superficial stuff. I am your fan with all my heart and soul, every day since I have heard you singing for the first time. I know all your songs by heart, I have all your albums, I have seen you live 18 times all over the world and I was more than excited about that and I could barely sleep days before your concerts. I think I know pretty much all videos of you on youtube etc. because I have spent days and nights watching and listening to them.

I will always be your fan - as I have been everyday since I was 4 years old!

Whitney "The Voice" Houston - my idol and my queen: W H Y?

I am more than devastated and I still cannot believe it.

Rest In Peace beautiful soul!

I will always love you :'(

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

She was great! I can't believe she died before Bobby Brown. He was the worst thing that ever happened to her.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaTorres View Post
    02/11/12: The day my idol, my superstar, my all time favorite singer died, is the day when my whole world collapsed and my heart broke to pieces like a mirror. How shall I ever understand this?

Whitney Houston: I have looked up to you for 20 years (since I started thinking... I could not speak 1 English word but I could sing along your songs), I used to sit in my br...other's room holding your album covers in my small hands and begging him to play your songs again and again, I have defended you against everyone who said only one bad word against you, I have also been a fan when you were not on stage, when nobody was talking about you, when you were not releasing songs and albums. You are the only artist I have ever had a picture on my wall - when I was a small child, when I was a teenager in puberty and nowadays! I have always said: If I could make a wish, I would wish to meet Whitney Houston- even if it's only possible for 1 minute! All my family and friends know how much of your fan I have always been - and will be forever! I was never wearing a T-shirt of you or a handbag with your name on it because I never liked this superficial stuff. I am your fan with all my heart and soul, every day since I have heard you singing for the first time. I know all your songs by heart, I have all your albums, I have seen you live 18 times all over the world and I was more than excited about that and I could barely sleep days before your concerts. I think I know pretty much all videos of you on youtube etc. because I have spent days and nights watching and listening to them.

I will always be your fan - as I have been everyday since I was 4 years old!

Whitney "The Voice" Houston - my idol and my queen: W H Y?

I am more than devastated and I still cannot believe it.

Rest In Peace beautiful soul!

I will always love you :'(

Wow.... They should take this post and read it live at the grammy's tonight. It would be more genuine that all those flashy Hollywood types pretending they knew her. A touching tribute.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I'm watching the Grammys atm. Some nice tributes and respectful words being said. It's hard to wrap my brain around her simply not being around. It seems like she's owned a special spot in pop music for quite some time. Her voice was impossible to ignore. VERY FEW people could belt a song out like she did.

Rest in peace now, girl.

Professional Poster

Came in here late - did not read but a few previous posts.
    She had a great voice -
    I don't care!! She was an addict - I feel for her kid and family, but -
    Who remembers the last NYPD that died on duty?
    Whoe remembers the last mother killed in a gang related drive by shooting?
    Those are the people to remember - NOT HER!
    She had the choice to say NO to drugs-
    Venting___________________!