Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Street Hookers in London

I'm curious why there aren't any street hookers in London. Neither women or TS. Can anyone explain what the recent history is about it?
    It can't be because it's too cold, can it?

Junior Poster

Default Re: Street Hookers in London

I left London in 2004 and I could have named at least 2 streets were GGs worked on the streets, may not be flaunting it as they do in other countries but its there (or was) if you knew where to look

God thats 2 posts in as many minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

becuase its illegal now .. and the police in london have clamped down basically on it ... most prostition is now lowkey off the street. like you wont see amny phone boxes with cards or if they are carded they get taken down fast ..

also with the murders a few years back of the streetwalkers in ipswich that had a massive impact on street prostitiion as well ..

I am sure if someone looks hard enough though there is still girls on the street just being more sublte with it

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

There are still a few but places like Kings Cross aren't what they used to be. Times have changed but the latest estimates are that over 80,000 hookers work the streets in the UK. More laws, more cameras, more overseas sex workers, more violence on the streets (but if you are on hard drugs, you don't care about the dangers - just where the next fix is coming from. Nearly 90% of women on the streets are on hard drugs). Big effort to clean up both on and off the streets for the bloody Olympics - I had thought it was a sporting event but less chance to take part in the oldest sport.

Rookie Poster

interesting....all very interesting.
    Thanks for your answers guys

you may wanna google William Bratton. He was commissioner of the New York City Police department back in the 90's and adopted a strict no tolerance strategy toward petty street crime that took its toll on our hooker's stroll in Manhattan, Bronx and Queens. It resulted in dramatic reductions in city wide murders, subway assaults, muggings, rapes and car jackings. His novel approach was copied by many big city police departments in the USA, South America, and Europe.
    London PD tried to hire him in 2010 but got too much public flack cuz he's not a British subject. He's currently there as a "civilian" consultant.

another thing to blame on the Yanks

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I replied to this thread in the Reviews section because I went there first; some memories of Ts streetwalkers in Earl's Court in the 1980s, but as I said there, I believe this scene has gone now, and that is a good thing.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I've not seen any obvious streetwalkers in London in a decade. They use to cluster in places like Gordon Square in Kings Cross, in Soho and in Bayswater. No more.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    you may wanna google William Bratton. He was commissioner of the New York City Police department back in the 90's and adopted a strict no tolerance strategy toward petty street crime that took its toll on our hooker's stroll in Manhattan, Bronx and Queens. It resulted in dramatic reductions in city wide murders, subway assaults, muggings, rapes and car jackings. His novel approach was copied by many big city police departments in the USA, South America, and Europe.
    London PD tried to hire him in 2010 but got too much public flack cuz he's not a British subject. He's currently there as a "civilian" consultant.

I know the story, but it's not entirely correct the way you put it:
    First of all, he was honoured with the title of Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II in recognition of his work to promote cooperation between US and UK police.
    Then he was haired to lead the Metropolitan police to implement a new system to put an end to the riots and disorders (happened a few months ago) and guarantee a safe future. There was no public flack. Simply the home secretary insisted that for such an important role, it's preferable to have a british citizen who has a little experience with british law...who can be still advised and led by William Bratton. It's just the title that can not be given to a foreigner. Nothing to do with the fact that he's American. It would be the same if he was Australian, Bangladeshi or Chinese. Would you put as a Chief of the national police someone without a green card?

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post

Bratton was our Police Chief too. As a whore monger I didn't like him but as a citizen who likes to sleep in peace he was a decent Chief. He sure was better than useless Bernie Parks.