Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Best Movie I've Seen In a Very Long Time

warrior is a shit movie.

3/10 - even Nolte looks bored

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

John Huston's 1972 film Fat City looked at boxing from a different angle. a very good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoogeMonkey View Post
    warrior is a shit movie.

3/10 - even Nolte looks bored
    No you didn't get it SpoogeMonkey. I thought the same thing when I first saw him "wow he looks bored" but then I realized he was acting. So well so that he actually convinced us that he ws bored.

"Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dafame View Post
    No you didn't get it SpoogeMonkey. I thought the same thing when I first saw him "wow he looks bored" but then I realized he was acting. So well so that he actually convinced us that he ws bored.
    lol

i am pretty sure he did this movie for the paycheck not to challenge his acting.

also, part of the reason that he is getting attention is because he is so deliberately "bored" if you will in the role. he can't act that well, trust me.

honestly, warrior is a 5 or 6/10 movie...an average flick...nothing more, nothing less. to say it was bad is wrong and to say it is one of the year's best if just an attempt by the awards shows to appeal to MMA fans to expand their ratings

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    lol

i am pretty sure he did this movie for the paycheck not to challenge his acting.

also, part of the reason that he is getting attention is because he is so deliberately "bored" if you will in the role. he can't act that well, trust me.

honestly, warrior is a 5 or 6/10 movie...an average flick...nothing more, nothing less. to say it was bad is wrong and to say it is one of the year's best if just an attempt by the awards shows to appeal to MMA fans to expand their ratings
    To appeal to MMA fans? Really...lol? It's funny that your views are SO far off from the critics and more importantly the viewers opinions who thought this was a great film. The acting was superb and I doubt seriously that the academy really hopes to gain viewership by nominating Nick Nolte (who has absolutely no ties to the sport of MMA) for an award. That's just a rediculous notion.

I think that you are just one of the rare people that didn't get it. I only say that because of the Rocky comparisons and the stuff you were saying about "the underdog" when "underdog" was probably the least focused upon aspect of the movie.

This movie was about pain, and anger, and regret, and redemption, and the fracturable but unbreakable bond and love that a child has for a parent and that brother share between each other. It was far closer to the story of Cain and Abel then it was anything that Stallone has played in.

Some of us can't go that deep and for those of us who can't there's Rocky.

"Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip