Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Media Cheerleading

Seems liberals still have thier panties in a twist over this tarmac incident. To Maureen Dowd's credit, she's not quite as hysterical , but what she lacks in hysteria, she more than makes up for in hypocrisy. Here's a few lines from her opinion column this week.....

Brewer told ****** Crowley, subbing for Sean Hannity on Fox News, that she had given the president a letter inviting him to join her at the border to discuss enforcement. She said he shot back that her account of a 2010 Oval Office meeting on the topic, published in her book, “Scorpions for Breakfast: My Fight Against Special Interests, Liberal Media and Cynical Politicos to Secure America’s Border,” was distorted.
    “He was patronizing,” Brewer wrote about the president in her book, adding: “He’s treating me like the cop he had over for a beer after he bad-mouthed the Cambridge police.” (The president’s recent performances are boosting sales of Brewer’s book and Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together.”)
    With typical Fox balance, Crowley told Governor Brewer that she admired her for “getting in the president’s grill,” adding, “You go, girl.”

the key sentence.." "With typical Fox balance, Crowley told Governor Brewer that she admired her for “getting in the president’s grill,” adding, “You go, girl.”

Here we have a 1 percenter writing on the opinion pages of the most left wing newspaper in the country, where progressive op-ed writers out number conservatives 10-1,and who's ombudsman readily concedes he wishes they had more balance....and she's commenting on Fox's lack of balance on an opinion show...Oh the richness is precious. I'll bet those of you who read the NYT read right past that and never gave it a thought...that's why you need me !!

Perhaps Ms. Dowd didn't get Trish's memo about commentary, which is what the Hannity program is...... Would someone get that out to her please?? I mean even you liberal weenies have to see the hypocrisy here...it's ok if you don't admit it, as long as you see it. lmao

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Ms. Dowd was right: Crowley in fact displayed the bias that is generally typical of FOX's non-editorial programming. But on the Hannity show (where explicit opinion is the point, and can be expected to trump fact on every broadcast), I would've expected far more than the typical amount of FOX bias. So congratulations to Crowley for holding back.

Last edited by trish; 01-29-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

most left wing jurno's would lie and cheat to get their own way [proven time and time again in Australia] i don't know what it's like i the rest of the world but i assume they follow the same rule book.the majority of Australians don't trust these lying scum buckets and that's why our conservatives will romp in.Any of you lefties want to bet on the results of Australia's federal election 2013 i am happy to put cash on the bet but i doubt any lefty would have the guts to put cash on it .

live with honour

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Ms. Dowd was right: Crowley in fact displayed the bias that is generally typical of FOX's non-editorial programming. But on the Hannity show (where explicit opinion is the point, and can be expected to trump fact on every broadcast), I would've expected far more than the typical amount of FOX bias. So congratulations to Crowley for holding back.

There are none so blind as those who fail to see, and you're at the very top of that dubious list. People can justify anything if they try hard enough, and you work it pretty good... Speaking of that....Are you still trying to justify the behavior of the low lives of The Occupy Movement? Spend a moment or 2 and explain (justify) this weekend's Oakland events and subsequent 400 arrests. I'll wait here.

Ms. Dowd is the epitome of the soft sell of liberal bias, a upper west side 1 %er limousine liberal working in a group think environment insulated form the real world, and diverse thought. She gives new meaning to the phrase "Gray Lady Down" lmao

Last edited by onmyknees; 01-31-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    People can justify anything if they try hard enough, and you work it pretty good...
    Name calling and diversions aside, I'm sorry you couldn't refute my post.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/ny-mag-e...-tax-rate-2004

Today's example of blatant progressive press hypocrisy. Sometimes it's difficult to actually choose just one, but today's winner was an easy get....This is so rich, it almost gets me hard. Does this ass licker Helimann have any idea of how fucking stupid he sounds? Lap it up liberals....he's one of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Name calling and diversions aside, I'm sorry you couldn't refute my post.
    There was a point to that? I mean other than the sarcasm there wasn't a whole lot there. If you can't see the irony of Dowd sitting in her office at the NY Times editorial board pointing the finger of indignation at Fox...then how can anyone respond to you. it would be....well.....pointless.

Thank you then, for responding.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Why post the AP raw footage if the actual exchange is blocked by the limo??
    Regardless, a state governor looks like an ass pointing her finger like that in the face of the POTUS.

She's supposed to be above acting like a hysterical teabagger.

Fail.

Hey....Somebody's got to provide you pious progressives with some good news, and it may as well be me....so here's a double dose. Seems like Media Maters traffic has dropped from nearly 600k a year ago to under 150 hits in January 2012. The only thing left is to stick a fork in them and yank their not for profit status. I feel particularly broke up for Ben who'll have to troll harder for all his material once this scum bag outfit pulls the plug.

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/mediamatters.org/

Item #2....

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ership/118273/

The O'Reilly Factor on FOX News topped NBC's Rock Center with Brian Williams viewership 3.417 million to 3.293 million
    As in all cases of cable v. broadcast, the broadcast network is available in noticeably more US households, NBC is in approximately 115m households and FOX News is in approximately 99 million.

But hey....look on the bright side. The "Lock Up" series on MSNBC was up a few clicks.