Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Joe Pa!

Default RIP Joe Pa!

I'll miss you Joe. He died of a broken heart. Thanks for everthing Joe.

"IT IS WHAT IT IS"

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Joe Pa!

Never was a Penn State fan but as a huge fan of football it is impossible to not recognize all the hard work and love he put into the sport. He touched so many live in a very positive way and it is sad to see him die with such a huge cloud hanging over his amazing career. Love him or hate him his contributions were huge and he will go down in history as one of the unforgettable greats. If he hadn't been surrounded by perverts and cowards then his final chapter might read quite different.

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeah View Post
    i'll miss you joe. He died of a broken heart. Thanks for everthing joe.
    ya its extremely sad how it all fell apart,still and always will be the greatest coach ever in the history of sports.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Oh his heart was broke? Well my heart was broken when he said shit like "You know, he didn't want to get specific," Paterno said. "And to be frank with you I don't know that it would have done any good, because I never heard of, of, rape and a man." Stopping child abuse is a mandate from decency. Yes, Paterno had a lot of talent as a football coach, but he still valued his convenience, PR and football over being a person with an ounce of moral courage. I have no respect for rape apologists and those who cover up child abuse, sweeping it under the rug like its dirt. May the real victims receive healing from their physical and mental scars.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    ya its extremely sad how it all fell apart,still and always will be the greatest coach ever in the history of sports.
    U.S. college sports, sure.

Joe Paterno was more than a football coach. He was an icon of American sports and had more power and influence than most mayors and governors. When confronted with evidence of unspeakable crimes committed against young boys, what was his course of action? He followed protocol. He notified his superior, the university president. No law enforcement agency at any level was made aware of the criminal allegations, nor did Coach Paterno ever personally confront the perpetrator of the crimes, a man who was Paterno's defensive coordinator for decades and a close personal friend. Was Joe aware of the rumors floating around about Sanduski's inappropriate interactions with boys? The shroud of shame hovered around players and coaches in the program for years.
    Joe could have bypasses campus beaurocracy and ordered Sandusky to his office to personally interrogate him. "Coach did you force an 11 year old boy to have sexual intercourse with you in the campus shower stall?"
    He could have called the Pennsylvania Govornor's office to have a special unit of State Police investigate every day and minute of Sandusky's whereabouts during the time frame when the alledged acts took place.
    Joe Paterno took none of the above actions. He followed Protocol. So tonight, ESPN reports he won more college football games than any coach in history, but he committed no wrong doing. Now a higher authority than ESPN will make that judgement

Last edited by flabbybody; 01-23-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Rookie Poster

He went from someone i admired to a dead scumbag pretty quick. Nothing he did in life can make up for his participation in the abuse of children. I hope he is getting a pitch fork shoved in his ass. If the NCAA had any balls they would give the penn state program the death penalty for the next 10 years.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    Joe Paterno was more than a football coach. He was an icon of American sports and had more power and influence than most mayors and governors. When confronted with evidence of unspeakable crimes committed against young boys, what was his course of action? He followed protocol. He notified his superior, the university president. No law enforcement agency at any level was made aware of the criminal allegations, nor did Coach Paterno ever personally confront the perpetrator of the crimes, a man who was Paterno's defensive coordinator for decades and a close personal friend. Was Joe aware of the rumors floating around about Sanduski's inappropriate interactions with boys? The shroud of shame hovered around players and coaches in the program for years.
    Joe could have bypasses campus beaurocracy and ordered Sandusky to his office to personally interrogate him. "Coach did you force an 11 year old boy to have sexual intercourse with you in the campus shower stall?"
    He could have called the Pennsylvania Govornor's office to have a special unit of State Police investigate every day and minute of Sandusky's whereabouts during the time frame when the alledged acts took place.
    Joe Paterno took none of the above actions. He followed Protocol. So tonight, ESPN reports he won more college football games than any coach in history, but he committed no wrong doing. Now a higher authority than ESPN will make that judgement

I think that's well said, and I think people are entitled to think whatever they want to think. While I don't think the full story has yet to be revealed, and can only be done after all the trials and in the fullness of time.
    I think using some of the words Georgia guy did is a bit over the top. I don't know the exact numbers of players that performed under him in his decades long carreer, but I do know several of them including a cousin who played on Franco Harris National Championship teams, and they are eternally loyal and respectful of what Paterno taught them about football, family, and about life.

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaguy View Post
    He went from someone i admired to a dead scumbag pretty quick. Nothing he did in life can make up for his participation in the abuse of children. I hope he is getting a pitch fork shoved in his ass. If the NCAA had any balls they would give the penn state program the death penalty for the next 10 years.
    I agree 100%,, hell won't be hot enough for anyone that has abused or had knowledge and did nothing to stop abuse of children. I have no respect for him if it is true.

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Rookie Poster

Joe knew