Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast

Default Re: Obama is smooth...

when i saw the post "Obama is smooth" and me not being from the USA i thought he was into shaving and waxing!

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommy001 View Post
    when i saw the post "Obama is smooth" and me not being from the USA i thought he was into shaving and waxing!
    ......................and perhaps wearing a wig and a dress? What colour lipstick would you like on him - I hear he's taking requests.

Junior Poster

I must have touched a nerve with my earlier comments. We will always agree to disagree I have no problem with the other opinions expressed in the thread. Let's all agree to express on our opinions at the polls on election day and let the people decide what is best for our country. Peace for all.

let the good times roll..

I like turdles!

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    ....we should all be blessed with the patience and knowledge possessed by Trish.

I think though, Prospero, that it's too simplistic to pass off ignorance or lack of breadth of knowledge to a manipulative upper class. It is incumbent on each of us to question the lives we lead and the experiences to which we are exposed. When we don't do that and look at things from the ridiculous perspective of politics or simply focus on the acquisition of material goods (for example) we break the natural structure of life itself.

We are all guilty of being partisan (whether it be in politics or social issues or whatever turns each of us on) and that to me isn't the real problem. Rather, I see the problem as people who refuse to open their minds to possibilities, people who are dogmatic, people who don't want to look at root cause before attempting to solve problems, people who want or like to take the safe way out of bad situations by penalizing others (these traits fit people of all political persuasions although Conservatives, Republicans, and Fascists seem to hold them dearer than others). Being Liberal (i.e.: having an open mind to change and adaptation) is now considered to be something inhuman when in fact it is because of liberal thinking and liberal attitudes that we have advanced as far as we have within a relatively short period.

I found this fascinating and I hope others do too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=mqT82oGeax0#!

Thanks Running. I agree with you 100 percent. I was not in any way trying to suggest that it is all down to a small coterie of evil minded manipulators. Rather that these sort of people - through history - have been able to manipulate the masses precisely because of the lack of open mindedness among so many people - the failure to look more deeply at the world and to accept the obvious and readymade.
    "The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

Senior Member Silver Poster

Smooth........

World Class Asshole

catherinefan

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    No, of course not. Is it wrong to help people who labor and persist with loyalty and dedication but who don't get ahead? Is it wrong to have a reasonable minimal wage and guard against the exploitation of workers by corporations that profit by their labor? The current GOP seems to think so.

So now who is uninformed? Agriculture, Banking, Oil, Gas, Logging...you can't name a major industry that is not subsidized by the tax payer. Many of the Americans you call lazy hold down two to three jobs all paying less than minimum wage and raise families at the same time. Is the GOP shoo-in presidential candidate worried about the poor. He says not. He say there's a safety net. Yes, there's a safety net: installed by the democrats, maintained for decades with bi-partisan support until recently...the current core of the republican party is philosophically opposed to safety nets, and hand-outs of any kind that aren't going into corporate coffers. Republicans want to stay in power by letting corporations write legislation (via ALEC) and by creating artificial obstacles to block students and poor citizens from voting.

Actually it did. Haven't you seen any of the movies Stealing from the middle class is giving it to the wealthy works too. That's what happening now, aided by the GOP. The middle class is shrinking as the gap between 0.1% and the 99.9% is growing. What we're facing is a de facto oligarchy of a few wealthy men and corporations who dictate legislation to conservative state legislators who are influenced by their superpac contributors.

Utter bullshit here.

General Motors is thriving, doing better than ever with new models and creating jobs.

Yes, please do.

Indeed, continued recovery, healthcare, pay equity, reasoned and pragmatic executive decisions. Unfortunately if you don't also vote to shift the power in the house we will also have more obstructionism. There used to be such a thing as a loyal opposition. No longer. Using Ann Coulter's word, the opposition has resorted to the treachery of "treason."

Most bad government is born out of an inability to conceive of compromise.

Terrific reply, Trish!

....smooth...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" I don't pay them(Women) for sex, I pay them to leave".

Charlie Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    ......................and perhaps wearing a wig and a dress? What colour lipstick would you like on him - I hear he's taking requests.
    Maybe a nice pair of high heels as well, i wouldn't worry too much about the lipstick colour too much. Be smooth and wax and shave is the main thing!

Can't stop; Won't Stop Rookie Poster zulusierra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    General Motors is thriving, doing better than ever with new models and creating jobs.
    Unfortunately, besides some Cadillacs and the Corvette (the high-dollar models), GM vehicles are shitboxes and not competitive with other makes in their respective classes according to the more independent reviewers such as Consumer Reports.

It's unfortunate, cuz GM used to make world-class products.

Just test drive a GM back to back with a Toyota or Honda and the difference in quality is undeniable from the feel of the controls to the quality of fabric and plastic.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble