Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast

Default Re: Obama is smooth...

I suspect that mildcigar knows exactly what he's doing. He's a racist commentator with a veneer of learning which he's happy to twist to suit his prejudices, and he's therefore doubtless enjoying a mild cigar, a bourbon or two and a throaty chuckle while he messes with our pointy little liberal heads.

How close am I?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I suspect that mildcigar knows exactly what he's doing. He's a racist commentator with a veneer of learning which he's happy to twist to suit his prejudices, and he's therefore doubtless enjoying a mild cigar, a bourbon or two and a throaty chuckle while he messes with our pointy little liberal heads.

How close am I?
    You're likely right on.......his views seem awfully (and I mean that literally) familiar. Probably a glass of Wild Turkey and a good slave-made Dominican seegar dressed in cricket whites while admiring the fine young men (hence the throaty chuckle) prancing about his little house in suburbia..........but maybe I'm just oversimplifying.

Slavery is a little hard to put on the back burner when black people get daily reminders that they're somehow inferior. You can't say "put on your big- boy-pants" when some of your neighbors are likely the ones yelling racist obscenity. So long as racism is still an issue, our nation's history with slavery will still remain one.

Senior Member Silver Poster

At the end of the day, Obama is in the White House. And unlike Romney, he doesn't need some Advisor to tell him to wear blue jeans. Obama destroyed Trump in ten minutes, and he'll take down Mitt, in 6 months. It's a lock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poli-ss.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	467664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obama-family-people.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	467665  

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    At the end of the day, Obama is in the White House. And unlike Romney, he doesn't need some Advisor to tell him to wear blue jeans. Obama destroyed Trump in ten minutes, and he'll take down Mitt, in 6 months. It's a lock.

Yep with $4-5/gallon gasoline it must be a lock. With an additional 5 TRILLION added to the national debt it must be a lock. With the Occupy Wall Street protesters rioting in the streets this upcoming May it must be a lock.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Geez...I thought the thread was about his singing...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Junior Poster

Kelly,

You could not be more un-informed about what the Republicans stand for. Is it wrong to get ahead through hard work and dedication? The democratic choice would be to sit at home do nothing and wait government subsidy programs to pay your way. Who do you think pays the taxes that support those programs? That is right the Republicans. Wealth is not given it is earned. Those who don't want to work for it don't get it, those who do prefer not to give handouts to lazy people. Democrats want to retain power through the process of buying votes with Government subsidy programs. The thought process is to simple manipulate the masses with money. Stealing from the rich and giving to the poor did not work for Robin Hood nor will it work for the Democrats, people are much smarter than Obama and his corrupt cronies think. They are sitting in the White House as we speak laughing their asses off about how they have hood winked the majority of Americans into believing their bull shit. He professes hope and change, yet practices hate and divisiveness. Claims to have saved General Motors when all he did what prop up his corrupt union bosses for a few extra years with Government bail out bucks. Where do you think that money came from? General Motors still has not paid back it's bill to Americans let alone pay a single dollar in taxes. Go ahead and vote for Obama again,if he wins you will get what you deserve. A country in total financial collapse under the weight to excessive Government spending. A country divided by all the hate talk about haves and have nots. A country where freedom means you get to do what you like as long as the Government approves of it. A country that does note even remotely resemble what our founding fathers framed in our Constitution. Good for you but I say no thank you. Most bad Government is born out of too much Government .

let the good times roll..

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Is it wrong to get ahead through hard work and dedication?
    No, of course not. Is it wrong to help people who labor and persist with loyalty and dedication but who don't get ahead? Is it wrong to have a reasonable minimal wage and guard against the exploitation of workers by corporations that profit by their labor? The current GOP seems to think so.

The democratic choice would be to sit at home do nothing and wait government subsidy programs to pay your way...Democrats want to retain power through the process of buying votes with Government subsidy programs.
    So now who is uninformed? Agriculture, Banking, Oil, Gas, Logging...you can't name a major industry that is not subsidized by the tax payer. Many of the Americans you call lazy hold down two to three jobs all paying less than minimum wage and raise families at the same time. Is the GOP shoo-in presidential candidate worried about the poor. He says not. He say there's a safety net. Yes, there's a safety net: installed by the democrats, maintained for decades with bi-partisan support until recently...the current core of the republican party is philosophically opposed to safety nets, and hand-outs of any kind that aren't going into corporate coffers. Republicans want to stay in power by letting corporations write legislation (via ALEC) and by creating artificial obstacles to block students and poor citizens from voting.

Stealing from the rich and giving to the poor did not work for Robin Hood
    Actually it did. Haven't you seen any of the movies Stealing from the middle class is giving it to the wealthy works too. That's what happening now, aided by the GOP. The middle class is shrinking as the gap between 0.1% and the 99.9% is growing. What we're facing is a de facto oligarchy of a few wealthy men and corporations who dictate legislation to conservative state legislators who are influenced by their superpac contributors.

..yet practices hate and divisiveness.
    Utter bullshit here.

Claims to have saved General Motors when all he did what prop up his corrupt union bosses for a few extra years...
    General Motors is thriving, doing better than ever with new models and creating jobs.

vote for Obama again
    Yes, please do.

if he wins you will get what you deserve.
    Indeed, continued recovery, healthcare, pay equity, reasoned and pragmatic executive decisions. Unfortunately if you don't also vote to shift the power in the house we will also have more obstructionism. There used to be such a thing as a loyal opposition. No longer. Using Ann Coulter's word, the opposition has resorted to the treachery of "treason."

Most bad Government is born out of...
    Most bad government is born out of an inability to conceive of compromise.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Phew - I'm mightily impressed that you burrowed into that diatribe and posted some corrective remarks Trish. It seemed to me to be a hopeless case (I suspect it is). But engagement is better than simply flipping past it and sighing - which is my response now to some of these people. They really do not understand how they are being manipulated to argue and vote against their own interests. It's a clever trick the GOP hae managed - funded by the likes of the Koch brothers and with a growing chorus of media cheerleaders such as Fox and many of Murdoch's newsppers. Black is white. Peace is war. etc etc. The real newspeak at work.
    Elsewhere I'm told to keep my nose out of US politics. Why I wonder? it has an impact on us all. The legacy of the insane Bush years is still being felt all over the world.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Phew - I'm mightily impressed that you burrowed into that diatribe and posted some corrective remarks Trish. It seemed to me to be a hopeless case (I suspect it is). But engagement is better than simply flipping past it and sighing - which is my response now to some of these people. They really do not understand how they are being manipulated to argue and vote against their own interests. It's a clever trick the GOP hae managed - funded by the likes of the Koch brothers and with a growing chorus of media cheerleaders such as Fox and many of Murdoch's newsppers. Black is white. Peace is war. etc etc. The real newspeak at work.
    Elsewhere I'm told to keep my nose out of US politics. Why I wonder? it has an impact on us all. The legacy of the insane Bush years is still being felt all over the world.
    ....we should all be blessed with the patience and knowledge possessed by Trish.

I think though, Prospero, that it's too simplistic to pass off ignorance or lack of breadth of knowledge to a manipulative upper class. It is incumbent on each of us to question the lives we lead and the experiences to which we are exposed. When we don't do that and look at things from the ridiculous perspective of politics or simply focus on the acquisition of material goods (for example) we break the natural structure of life itself.

We are all guilty of being partisan (whether it be in politics or social issues or whatever turns each of us on) and that to me isn't the real problem. Rather, I see the problem as people who refuse to open their minds to possibilities, people who are dogmatic, people who don't want to look at root cause before attempting to solve problems, people who want or like to take the safe way out of bad situations by penalizing others (these traits fit people of all political persuasions although Conservatives, Republicans, and Fascists seem to hold them dearer than others). Being Liberal (i.e.: having an open mind to change and adaptation) is now considered to be something inhuman when in fact it is because of liberal thinking and liberal attitudes that we have advanced as far as we have within a relatively short period.

I found this fascinating and I hope others do too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=mqT82oGeax0#!