Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Re: Obama is smooth...

Anyone that likes Obama just dont have their facts straight. They believe everything MSNBC and CNN say to them! Without even considering the points they make may just be lies. They are all lemmings or sheeple. Go google George Soros, watch all the video interviews he has done and listen carefully. He is not hiding what he intends to do. He is a friend of THIS administration. Along with all the other Marxists/Commies that Obama has brought into his Cabinet. Dont hide from the truth, its coming!

Smooth =?= slick

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Just curious. Does anyone remember that Kelly started this thread just because she liked Obama's 10 second singing tribute to the legendary Al Green? Nothing political in any way. And look at what it turned into. I think if Obama invented a cure for cancer, you guys would still find something wrong with it, and skin him alive. What a bunch of shitheads.

Last edited by Ineeda SM; 02-03-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Just curious. Does anyone remember that Kelly started this thread just because she liked Obama's 10 second singing tribute to the legendary Al Green's passing? Nothing political in any way. And look at what it turned into. I think if Obama invented a cure for cancer, you guys would still find something wrong with it, and skin him alive. What a bunch of shitheads.
    Al Green isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassCat View Post
    Al Green isn't dead.
    Yeah I was thinking of someone else. You are right and I corrected my post. Thanks Cat.

A TGirl is very special.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Just curious. Does anyone remember that Kelly started this thread just because she liked Obama's 10 second singing tribute to the legendary Al Green? Nothing political in any way. And look at what it turned into. I think if Obama invented a cure for cancer, you guys would still find something wrong with it, and skin him alive. What a bunch of shitheads.
    OK, he has a nice voice.....................but dont ignore everything else I said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    OK, he has a nice voice.....................but dont ignore everything else I said above.
    But that's the whole point. None of it should have been said. That's not what this thread was about.

And everything that you said or anyone else says, is just opinion. You guys love to create your own Obama and ignore the real one. Like I said, if Obama invented a cure for cancer, and every other fatal virus in the world, you would still make up some bull shit about what he did, and condemn the shit out of him.

Honesty has been killed in this country. And I am afraid it will never return.

A TGirl is very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    It isn't Obama. It isn't Bush. It's the system; it's the structure; it's the policies. As Adam Smith said: the principal architects of policy are the "merchants and manufacturers," (today: corporations) and they make certain that their own interests are, in his words, "most peculiarly attended to," no matter what the effect on others, including the people of England who, he argued, suffered from their policies.
    It's what Adam Smith talked about... oh 200 years ago.
    So, part of the profound problem is the free movement of capital and the free import of goods. Which, again, as Adam Smith said, would harm England.
    Now if these policies aren't reversed, well, you won't have a recovery.
    As Paul Craig Roberts said, the former assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration, if you continue to offshore jobs (in other words: free capital movement) you'll offshore your economy, too. And your tax base. It'll be a gradual hollowing out of the country, as it were.
    Free capital movement (and Adam Smith argued the core of free trade was the FREE circulation of LABOR) will permit companies to take advantage of cheap Chinese labor. How much? Well, a buck fifty an hour. Can Americans compete with that? No. And, too, with virtually no environmental and health and safety standards. I mean, you can continue to reduce taxes [a gift to the super-rich] but it won't make any difference. The inordinate Chinese labor pool and its cheapness will attract American companies. Because of policies that allow, once again, free capital movement. If that doesn't change, well, nothing changes.
    This is what the subject of the next election should be.

But instead it will be about a fictional Obama and whether Romney can BS well enough to get elected. Not like either of them will address the real core of the problem, that Ross Perot predicted years ago.

I get it, you want the freedoms that are granted to you by the constitution and that's great but the constitution is not a perfect document. It was written by slave owners who justified owning slaves.

I know some folks say they disagree with his policies and that's true for some. But a lot of his policies are continued Bush policy. Some people don't like him because he's Black and won't admit it, that's fine. Black folks have delt with that forever we can get over that. But what we can't get over, and what Obama can do nothing about the a group in the house that says their goal is to make him a 1 term president.

It wasn't to get Americans back to work, it wasn't to fix social security & medicare. Yes we all elected the man on some hope & change bullshit. We hoped and racist ass racists didn't change. In reality he should have passed everything he wanted without Republican support, but we didn't elect him to do that. We elected him on hope to bring the parties together.

The system is broken, we blame Obama for not doing things that he can't do.
    The president doesn't make laws, he signs things into law that was passed by congress. Did you know that congress doesn't have a conflict of interest clause?
    Meaning you can profit off of passing of laws. Say they pass a corporate tax break and it directly increases profits for compainies that own stock in. Did you know congress increased their salaries? Did you know the wealthy tax increase that Obama wants would be a tax on most congress members? And maybe that's the real reason they are against it.

I hear Republicans in congress say the govmt has never created a job only private business. How do they get paid again? Ah.. by the govmt. The govmt created thier jobs but when it comes to the govmt creating a job for regular folks that's bad somehow.

Obama has done things wrong, but what you should be talking about is not the man, but what is wrong with the system. In 2012 we are rolling backwards. Abortion & birth control has been debated and over. Now we gotta hash it all over again. A woman has the right to choose Roe v Wade is over. What's next on the conservative rehash list Brown v Board of Education?

Did you know that all the Republican nominees SuperPACs have been bankrolled by just 22 donors ranging in 1-5 million bucks per contribution? Gotta love that supreme court. But it isn't their fault, their job is to only interpret the law/constitution. And you would think congress would pass a law reversing that but nah, seems to work fine for congress.

The fact is that politicians want to tell you they can keep you safe & secure.
    No one is ever truly safe. They tell you they have all the solutions to the problems and that the solution is that it will work itself out if govmt stops providing funding for npr. The fact is that everyone in govmt knows what needs to happen, Universal Healthcare, Raising of the Social Security age, cutting military budgets and tax breaks for the wealthy and business. The solution is eliminating corporate & wealthy welfare and making the tax code simpler and lowering the overall corparate tax rates.

Oil companies since 2009 have been raking in 1-2 billion in profits PER QTR!
    Billions every 3 months for over 2 years and they still get an extra 2 billion in our tax dollars why is that again?

Why is it illegal for Canadian drug companies to sell here in the US?
    Their products are way cheaper and sure that would help competition and keep US prices in check but if rich people couldn't get richer what's the point of life right? But it is legal to import illegal mexicans to work on our farms. Just seems like piss poor policy.

Last edited by TheGeneral; 02-03-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo