Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Black Sabbath Guitarist Iommi Diagnosed With Cancer

Say some kind words for the man. He is great and I hope he wins this battle. Dio's death is still fresh to me.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-sabbath-...165724837.html

LONDON (Reuters) - Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, according to a statement on his website on Monday.
    The British heavy metal group's original lineup is writing and recording its first album in 33 years, and the band members will move from Los Angeles to London in order to work with Iommi while he undergoes treatment.
    "His bandmates would like everyone to send positive vibes to the guitarist at this time," the statement read, adding that the new album was still scheduled for release in the autumn.
    "Iommi is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan -- the 'Iron Man' of Rock & Roll remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery."
    Iommi, 63, is a founding member of Black Sabbath, one of the most successful hard rock acts in history who have sold an estimated 70 million records worldwide.
    The veterans announced in November that they were reuniting in their original four man line-up, including Ozzy Osbourne on vocals, for their first new album in more than three decades and a 2012 world tour.
    The quartet released their last studio album of all original material in 1978 with "Never Say Die."
    Osbourne was fired from the band in 1979, leading to changing lineups for several years. The original foursome reunited for a 1998 release and played sporadically together in the early 2000s.
    (Reporting by Mike Collett-White, editing by Paul Casciato)

Default Re: Black Sabbath Guitarist Iommi Diagnosed With Cancer

oh no

What a bummer. One of my all time favorite bands. Was looking forward to the new tour. Hoping for a healthy and speedy recovery...

Member Rookie Poster Luvs T Gyrls's Avatar

Terrible news but,tough as nails Tony will beat this, hear ya on Dio the loss of Dickie Peterson of Blue Cheer after complications from prostate cancer in '09 still stings as well healin' vibes for sure.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs T Gyrls View Post
    Terrible news but,tough as nails Tony will beat this, hear ya on Dio the loss of Dickie Peterson of Blue Cheer after complications from prostate cancer in '09 still stings as well healin' vibes for sure.
    I really hope you're right. If Tony wasn't as tough as he was he would have quit before he started as a result from the accident. Instead he adapted, persevered, and marched on to become a god of music. He's plenty tough and I hope he takes out the cancer.

Senior Member Junior Poster

This is a bummer. Still, he's tough, and has access to good medical care...and, from what I understand, lymphoma is one of the cancers where the odds are better...hopefully he'll beat this thing and we'll be able to enjoy his guitar playing for a good while longer.