Default 2005 Man of the Year....

President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela....this brotha has the balls of Shango....unafraid 2 stand up 2 the "big, bad wolf", i.e. His Imperial Majesty George Bush and his neo-con cronies. He put his money where his mouth is providing gas vouchers and heating oil discounts to the least and most needy amongst us. And to the ire of those in Washington he steadfastly pursues an agenda to use the vast oil wealth of Venezuela to support populist movements throughout central and south america that educate, enrich and empower the people as opposed to ingratiating western corporate interests at the expense of the nation. I say VIVA HUGO CHAVEZ!!! A ray of light in a year that was filled with so much darkness.

Sorry for the political rant but i had 2 let it out.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mds
    Let's hope that the CIA doesn't come calling
    No shit.... Sept. 11, 1973.... can you spell A L L E N D E?

Have you guys lived under a dictatorship? I have, and it's not nice...so please lets not idealize Chavez (and please don't tell me that he was re-elected after FREE elections...)

Chavez does have balls of titanium. But as far as invading, Bush isn't going to even think of taking that chance. Chavez made it clear, not only would he shut down his pipeline of our 'precious' (to use a line from LOTR) but he would also shut down the oil pumps that Bushes friends have in his country. That's why Citgo has not been get targeted by US regulators, because Bush doesn't want similiar treatment in Venezuela.

Have you guys lived under a dictatorship? I have, and it's not nice...so please lets not idealize Chavez (and please don't tell me that he was re-elected after FREE elections...)
    and please dont tell me that Bush was elected AND re-elected via "free" and untainted elections....

"I like my women like i like my coffee...HOT & BLACK."

BTGA

Quote Originally Posted by twowaybro
    and please dont tell me that Bush was elected AND re-elected via "free" and untainted elections....
    Don't you have to be elected a first time to be re-elected?