Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: fox news

Default fox news

I live in europe and not so long ago they have put fox news on my cable.
    is there anybody on this forum who can explain to a foreigner how itīs possible that they are by far the best rated network in the us? at least they claim to be every 5 minutes!
    I have never seen or heard so much rubbish in such a short time in my life! In the beginning I thought it was satire but these o reilly and beck and gouvernor with the bass guitar fellows are fucking serious!
    everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but fair and balanced, my ass!
    execute all transgendered people and their admirers with it!

"life is the difference between what you expect of it and the actual thing"

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: fox news

Fox is popular, in my view, because it panders to the prejudices and ignorance of a large and ill educated public. It claims to counterbalance the domination of the media by the Liberal left (that claim is a ludicrous joke). Fox feeds ignorant prejudice and appeals to the same sort of people who, in the UK, read The Sun and The Star newspapers - crass and unthinking papers. Owned of course by Rupert Murdoch.

Oh lord I hate to see how this one will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Smells like this should be over on the political boards, but since you cast the first stone.....let me take a stab at it. Here we have one poster from the England, ( famous by the way for it's outrageous tabloid journalism ) and utter preoccupation with the Royals, and one from the Netherlands, where journalist and film maker Geert Wilders was found guilty of "inciting hatred and discrimination" for merely making a film exposing the dangers of radical Islam, chiming in on American cable television....With all due respect, maybe your focus should be more inward? I trust in both those countries, your cable providers include a remote so you don't have to get off your asses and change the channels? I'll go out on a limb here and assume that's correct and that one move of the thumb will take you far away from your outrage, and spare your political pallet any distaste. If your point is that in among the many channels is lots of garbage, well I'm with ya. I get treated to 10 Spanish speaking channels, BBC America ( which is a bunch of pure rubbish) and lots and lots of left leaning stations, but I have the self control not to patronize any of them, unless I desire to. Have you tried that yet? You'd be amazed at the power that one little device gives you.
    If your post is attempting to make a political statement in a not so subtle way, or curry favor with the vast majority of posters on here that are aligned politically with you, which I'm sure is the case, well you win a cookie.
    Since you didn't give any specific examples, I'm assuming you just don't like Fox because you disagree with the politics, you're in good company here, and it's certainly your prerogative....but take a moment and re-read both your posts again. Aren't you both of the political thought process that allows freedom of differing points of view, and freedom of expression and of thought? It wouldn't appear so from your hostile tones. As I've said before...folks like you are all for diversity, unless it's diversity of opinion, and anyone who dare disagree is ( using your words) "ill educated", "Ignorant" and "prejudice"....and the Fox news viewers are the intolerant ones? That's rich !! I think you've pretty much just displayed equal or more militant bias than anything you're going to see on Fox, which is precisely the reason Fox not only exists, but excels, and unwittingly you couldn't have provided a more poignant example. In case you hadn't noticed, as has been stated by others more eloquently.....HA is hardly representative of the political views, or the sexual views of the vast majority of folks....but that's not to say it shouldn't exist, or be frequented....which is the antithesis of what both of you are clearly saying about Fox. Your hypocrisy is stunning.
    Here in the US, and the UK ( I've been there many times, so I know) the slant of the vast majority of news organizations is decidedly left. I don't cry about it...it is what it is. Journalism is not what it was when Walter Cronkite was giving us the important news stories of the day free from any bias. Sadly it has become more Dan Rather....agenda driven at all costs. One of those costs being even integrity, and in Rather's case.....his career. If I'm not correct in that assessment, you're going to have to explain the dominance of Fox News to me. So if you're suggesting that Fox News comes at stories from a particular point of view.....you're saying nothing at all. Every single cable and network does exactly the same thing....some of them more subtle than say an MSNBC...but no less political. If you're saying that Fox News comes from a point of view that you don't share, well then use that fucking channel changer, and stop crying about it.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

OMG, Faux News doesn't pander to my idiot predilections and I can't find my remote! Somebody save me!

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

We have a saying here in the real world: it's not news, it's Fox.

Even Fox knows it- their "correspondents" are on the payroll as entertainers, not news figures, though some state it was a calculated move to avoid the political contribution statutes that affect real journalists.

shhh, just go back to sleep...

" I don't pay them(Women) for sex, I pay them to leave".

Charlie Sheen

Senior Member Junior Poster

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

There are serious journalists on Fox; just-the-news type reporters who could just as easily transition to a more mainstream network. Even still Fox has a serious ideological slant on everyday reporting,(War on Christmas, spin every story about BHO into a negative etc,).

The evening shows are editorial pieces and don't pretend to be fact based. They are right wing and more right wing.

What's disturbing about the network is that with their large viewership IMO they have a responsibility to educate their audience about the facts of a particular news item, and not filter everything through an ideological prism.

Cable networks like MSNBC and CNN rip conservatives AND libs despite their own political slant. You don't see that as much on Fox.

My only real problem with Fox is they put out so much disinformation on general issues that regular viewers of Fox who watch nothing else usually talk as if they are visitors from another planet.
    Science should not be an ideological debate. Expanding healthcare coverage and lowering the overall costs of medical care should not be an ideological debate.

The 'issue' of the POTUS's nation of origin should not be an ideological debate.

Fox always likes to keep some nonsense going, stoking outrage and hostility from their viewers for ratings(conservatives love to be mad about something!!), but it's the nation as a whole that suffers when one segment of the population is operating from a set of facts that don't hold up to critical analysis.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MdR Dave View Post
    We have a saying here in the real world: it's not news, it's Fox.

Even Fox knows it- their "correspondents" are on the payroll as entertainers, not news figures, though some state it was a calculated move to avoid the political contribution statutes that affect real journalists.
    Well....I kinda knew this was going to turn in to a free for all, but I'm well equipped to handle it. So let's try to deal in some facts here...that might be refreshing for a change. Generalities are just that. Exactly who are you referring to....or can't you separate the opinion shows from the hard news stories? If you're referring to Geraldo....his politics are probably closer to yours than mine, but his work embedded with the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan was some of the best I've seen. Surely when he's called to offer an opinion or commentary on a given show, you are intelligent enough to separate that....aren't you?

Last edited by onmyknees; 12-30-2011 at 06:34 PM.