Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: fox news

Default Re: fox news

I remember watching PBS Nightly News as child man was that shit a snorefest or what.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

The title is slightly misleading...

LOL at Rupert Murdoch tweeting.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america

Junior Member Rookie Poster Mostly_harmless_6615's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    BBC America ( which is a bunch of pure rubbish)
    Bite your tongue! BBC America has Top Gear!

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Ben....you seemed shocked that media has a bias. Have you watched the evening news any night for the past 10 years....? ( does Dan Rather ring a bell?) Or perish the thought...read the NY Times? You got some stones singling out Fox as though they are singularly bias. Here's what you get at the partially tax payer subsidized left wing PBS radio...
    When you start censoring and editing your own program to appease The Administration, I'd say you're pretty much in the tank. And I remind you...this is the same outfit who fired Juan Williams for giving his opinion on a broadcast. Got any similar examples of Fox doing any of this? Get real Ben, and while you're at it....spare me your impartiality routine....it's stale and transparent.

PBS talk host Tavis Smiley has found himself disinvited to an upcoming King event over gentle criticism of the president and we've uncovered a peculiar incident that occurred during Smiley's most recent radio program.

Yesterday's edition of the syndicated Smiley & (Cornel) West show featured Harry Belafonte detailing his ongoing unhappiness with the Obama Administration.

Though Belafonte did this previously in July 2011, something about yesterday's grievances caused an odd case of audio editing for the evening's satellite re-feed to public radio affiliates across the country. But we've managed to isolate the apparently offending passage and offer it to you here:

So what's the problem, is it simply too close to the election? Is Smiley attempting to tone things down after the MLK disinvite? Or was it something in particular Belafonte said? If we find out you'll be the first to know.

Last edited by onmyknees; 01-11-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Junior Poster

I happen to know that FOX stresses in their production meetings what their talking points of the day are to all their reporters and hosts. Which includes what stories they should NOT cover. So as onmyknees points out - most of what is on are opinion shows, it's not really about journalism. Shows are designed to get RATINGS, which translates into viewers, which translates into DOLLARS!!!! So just like MSNBC and CNN claim to be unbiased which they are not, neither is FOX. It's all a bunch of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by littlenookie View Post
    I happen to know that FOX stresses in their production meetings what their talking points of the day are to all their reporters and hosts. Which includes what stories they should NOT cover. So as onmyknees points out - most of what is on are opinion shows, it's not really about journalism. Shows are designed to get RATINGS, which translates into viewers, which translates into DOLLARS!!!! So just like MSNBC and CNN claim to be unbiased which they are not, neither is FOX. It's all a bunch of crap.
    Yep! The mainstream news isn't news. We don't get news. We get infotainment.
    The news shouldn't be driven by ratings. I mean, a company can do that with sports or entertainment. That's fine. But news is about exposing wrongdoing by people in positions of power.
    Members of the media shouldn't coddle the likes of Obama and Hilary Clinton. Members of the media should actually have an adversarial relationship with politicians. I mean, they should, to use a sports analogy, be on different teams, not the same team.
    Years ago journalist were, well, lower middle class. Today they're paid millions of dollars and attend the same parties as.... Well, here's Wolf Blitzer at Joe Biden's beach party. It's a joke. The press are supposed to critique power. Not coddle it and cozy up to it.

Jay Rosen is a professor of journalism at New York University -- or NYU ...

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Jay Rosen is a professor of journalism at New York University -- or NYU ...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ