Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: films you hate

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: films you hate

Quote Originally Posted by theone1982 View Post
    The David Fincher one.
    See the Swedish one if you haven't. Scandinavia has been on a roll making good films. Good Horror too.

Shitty horror films, the likes of "Saw", "Hostel", you know the type.

A disgrace to visual media imo, just no point to their existance, no originality, shit acting, shit writing, shit everything.

totally unoriginal tripe that talentless cunts like eli roth keep shitting into the open mouths of the ignorant.

Trash.

Deal Wit It!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    See the Swedish one if you haven't. Scandinavia has been on a roll making good films. Good Horror too.
    I'm definitely interested in seeing that one now, yeah. I'm a big David Fincher fan, I think Alien 3 is criminally underrated, even though Fincher himself has distanced himself from it.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Any movie that has the actors say the movies title or tagline during the film

Quote Originally Posted by theone1982 View Post
    I'm definitely interested in seeing that one now, yeah. I'm a big David Fincher fan, I think Alien 3 is criminally underrated, even though Fincher himself has distanced himself from it.
    I've rewatched Alien 3 over and over again hoping to get a different and better experience but never could get into it. Alien and Aliens are about as good as Horror/Sci-Fi gets. Event Horizon is worth seeing if you like this type of film.

Gold Poster

I've rewatched Alien 3 over and over again hoping to get a different and better experience but never could get into it. Alien and Aliens are about as good as Horror/Sci-Fi gets. Event Horizon is worth seeing if you like this type of film.
    I like the symbolism at the end of 3 when she falls into the fire and the alien pops out of her chest. I also like when Lance Henriksen yells "I'm not a robot!" for some reason I just find that really funny. Event Horizon is great, hell in space!

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Horror Films: I don't understand this genre, in either literature or film -I understand horror as part of the invention of the devil and hell and the medieval discourse in which human behaviour was expected to conform to whatever the Holy Roman Empire dictated, or be condemned to hell -there are various murals in English churches made to frighten people this way; in 2011 its just an excuse to show people being subjected to sickening acts of violence -having seen enough of the real thing in a London hospital years ago, I have no desire to indulge the sick fantasy of some third-rate director or the equally sick people who pay to see this drivel. If this is your idea of entertainment, get some therapy.

Horror films, when done correctly don't require any gore at all. I make no apology for Saw and its ilk. Good horror builds a sense of suspense and dread and actually frightens you, it doesn't (necessarily) gross you out. Dino mentioned Event Horizon, great flick. The Paranormal Activity series are cheap, somewhat gimmicky but effective. Humans are the only species that enjoys spicy food and I would bet the only species that enjoys being frightened and for similar reasons. So embrace your humanity and get the shit scared out of you now and then.

Oh and vampire movies do more than violate women, they explore the ancient eros-thanatos connection. That's why they're still part of the public consciousness and always will be.

On the original question: I hate these new holiday "all-star" romantic comedies like New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day. This is how little regard the public is given: "We don't need a plot, just a bunch semi-recognizable moderately attractive people and a holiday and people will pay to see it!"

FFS, America, have a little self-respect.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Event Horizon is my favorite movie of the genre. Hands down. What can I say? I love Sam Neil. He's handsome.

And Pre-Matrix Fishburne is always cool, too. My only complaint was its resemblance to Sphere.

~BB~

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Event Horizon is my favorite movie of the genre. Hands down. What can I say? I love Sam Neil. He's handsome.

And Pre-Matrix Fishburne is always cool, too. My only complaint was its resemblance to Sphere.

~BB~
    Sam Neill was evil too. I thought he was also good in Omen III: The Final Conflict.

Also good in In The Mouth Of Madness.