Page 71 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121 ... LastLast

Dear gawd, I am tired. I just looked at those pics and all I could see was "Wow! KFC delivers in Thailand!".

Thanx for the pics of the lovely ladies of Thailand and for the info about the neighborhoods and practices.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

my apologies, the images from this post have been removed as a courtesy, and in response, to the model's request. In the future I will no longer post images of Thais.

Quote Originally Posted by ptyseminole
    more...
    great stuff.

here are a couple of shots that i took of these two girls last year.

s+010.jpg is Cha, formerly known as M.

s001.jpg this girl i am 99% sure goes by the name of Amy.

experience is everything!
    been there, done that - goin' back fer mo' ...

does anyone know where i can find this cutie-pie

Silver Poster

Very nice.

Junior Poster

redundant post

Default Re: N E P OPEN UNTIL 5 AM NOW !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bkkldby
    Nana Entertainment Plaza is now open until 5 am.
    that was the most short-lived late closing i have ever seen.

seems it is back to business as usual gain with 2 am as the shut down time.

when will this yo-yo effect stop and closing times fall in line with other major cities around the world?

i am not holding my breath.
    The 5 am closing was a one night thing in an effort to get sex workers to some anti-drug rally early the next morning.....imagine that...kinda like trying to get a bunch of Arabs to support an electric car....Classic Thai logic at work.

Junior Poster

Default Re: N E P OPEN UNTIL 5 AM NOW !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    Nana Entertainment Plaza is now open until 5 am.
    that was the most short-lived late closing i have ever seen.

seems it is back to business as usual gain with 2 am as the shut down time.

when will this yo-yo effect stop and closing times fall in line with other major cities around the world?

i am not holding my breath.
    The 5 am closing was a one night thing in an effort to get sex workers to some anti-drug rally early the next morning.....imagine that...kinda like trying to get a bunch of Arabs to support an electric car....Classic Thai logic at work.
    thanks for clarifying that, no one was able to explain to me what happened. they were all so afraid that they had to do it every night that they missed the point (not that there was one as you say) of the whole exercise.

simply nuts.

Rookie Poster

great post, thx 4 sharing. I could see my hotel. Dynasty Inn same side as Nana Plaza, about 150ft down the street.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Bendermen
    ptyseminole,

If you insist screwing with street-girls rather than the girls out of the clubs, a few tips:

1. Lock everything you don't want stolen in the hotels safety deposit box. (The boxes are down in the lobby and only you have a key.)

2. When you and her get back to your room, have only as much money on you as you want stolen from you.

The girls from the clubs are a better bet, even though you'll have to kick in an extra $8 - $15 "bar-fine" to the bar. If you have trouble with a club girl you can go back to the club and have the problem taken care of. One club girl stole my camera, I complained, and I got it back. That was the only time I ever had any problem with a club girl.

Now street girls? I don't usually have them come up. The things is, of maybe eight times, I was nuked on two of them. The first one stole a little bit over what I would've given her. The second one stupidly got our beers mixed up, and we both ended up nuked.
    yes, playing it safe, with a safe is recommended - especially for your travel documents and your plane ticket, but i beg to differ on your take about street girls vs. bar girls and the ability to go back and get things rectified.

IMHO, i think you were lucky. most bars will not help you, that is a myth. they will feign helping, but that's it. they will stall and run you ragged till you give up or acquiesce (especially if they know when you are leaving. they may even ask when you are leaving to misdirect you into thinking they are trying to expedite the resolution of your problem, BUT they just want to know how long they will have to wait you out).

so always cover your ass on everything of value (but do that politely, no one likes to be 'called' a thief, even thieves).

after you leave a bar for complaining, they will 'beat' the girl for bringing a hassle to the bar (and possibly cut her pay or take money from her, or both), that is my experience. and, if someone does 'attempt' to help you in a bar, just like the police, they will want a tip for helping you despite being the injured party. go figure, TIT (this is Thailand).

i have been here 20 years and i have only been robbed once, and she took my cell phone. I WAS STUPID. i was a bit tired and fell asleep, really is my fault. like leaving candy out near a child. by chance i ran into her the next day at a mall, she said she was sorry she was high, and she gave me the money she got for selling it. not that it made up for the total loss, but it taught us both a lesson.

but these are only one person's opinions based on their experiences, others will have something else to say

im off to bangkok this saturday (wooo hoooo!!!!)

any one have any suggestions bar Guess??