Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Discovery Channel 'Weed Wars'

The show follows Oakland’s Harborside Health Center, the nation’s largest medicinal cannabis dispensary, serving over 94,000 'patients'.
    So I just watched the first two episodes this last week.
    I have never smoked the junk myself, but it seems clear that there is a hell of a lot of demand in California, that can't be met.
    I am shocked and disappointed in what seems to be a lack of custody & control of 'suppliers' who just seemly walk in with enormous amounts of pot from god knows where. It is 'tested' but honestly where does the other 90% that Haborside medical turn away go? Out on the street?
    I am no 'pot banner' nor am I a supporter, but at best this whole concept seems the medical 'pot' industry is just putting up a shell game trying to be legit in the face of DEA and state law.

Last edited by Erika1487; 12-19-2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: edit

Default Re: Discovery Channel 'Weed Wars'

They should just legalize it, be done with it and let people grow in their own property. I don't think there should be a pot industry, just allow people to grow for their own use at home. That would take most all of the money out of pot, it would be like the basil or oregano market.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

No problems here.

Professional Poster NatashaLover's Avatar

I like " The Moon Shiners" better

"Flush Beats a Full House"

"Gold is not the only thing that shines baby!"

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaLover View Post
    I like " The Moon Shiners" better
    lol....Have you ever had real North Carolina moonshine Natasha ?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    The show follows Oakland’s Harborside Health Center, the nation’s largest medicinal cannabis dispensary, serving over 94,000 'patients'.
    So I just watched the first two episodes this last week.
    I have never smoked the junk myself, but it seems clear that there is a hell of a lot of demand in California, that can't be met.
    I am shocked and disappointed in what seems to be a lack of custody & control of 'suppliers' who just seemly walk in with enormous amounts of pot from god knows where. It is 'tested' but honestly where does the other 90% that Haborside medical turn away go? Out on the street?
    I am no 'pot banner' nor am I a supporter, but at best this whole concept seems the whole medical 'pot' industry is just putting shell game trying to be legit in the face of DEA and state law.

Typical Republican response. You seem to conveniently omit the dad whom bought pot for his son suffering from Epilepsy from the Canabis club and that his sick child's constant seizures miraculously stopped. Wow medication that actually works for patients. As to your statement that persons bringing in "enormous amounts of pot" what was shown was bringing in one pound of marijuana. Hardly would consider one pound an enormous amount. I believe the purchasing department at the club mentioned that when they purchase that amount it is usually sold out the same day that they purchase it.

As for what has been clear in the first few episodes of the show is that the federal government is attempting to close the doors of this non-profit care center by not recognizing this as a legitimate business. The IRS is not allowing business expenses which are legitimate operating expenses such as rent,utilities, payroll, etc using codes which were established solely to disallow Cocaine Cartels from fronting as legitimate business. Marijuana is a legitimate business in California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Michigan and other states. People in these states decided that this what they want and it is now law. All legitimate business are allowed to deduct legitimate expenses just because for IRS wants to view this as a DRUG business it considers it non legitimate. Shame they don't apply the same logic to Merck, Pfizer or any of the other giant drug companies.

I think its amazing that despite our downward spiraling economy, that politicians still wish to ban the huge industry that is pot instead of taxing and regulating it. Do you realize how many jobs would be created? And how much revenue we are losing by banning it? Its helped create this war on drugs that will never ever end. They didn't learn the first time during the prohibition on alcohol, which created more organized crime, which is the same thing that this pot prohibition is doing. We are going to smoke pot regardless if its illegal or not. We will just get it other ways, like from gang members.

Rookie Poster

Spot on reply by Amy!

Junior Poster

free up the weed.. live ..

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly View Post
    I think its amazing that despite our downward spiraling economy, that politicians still wish to ban the huge industry that is pot instead of taxing and regulating it. Do you realize how many jobs would be created? And how much revenue we are losing by banning it? Its helped create this war on drugs that will never ever end. They didn't learn the first time during the prohibition on alcohol, which created more organized crime, which is the same thing that this pot prohibition is doing. We are going to smoke pot regardless if its illegal or not. We will just get it other ways, like from gang members.
    Guess who gets my money because the gov't can't get their heads out of their asses? The politicians are worse.

Nostrovia Comrades