Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: National Defense Authorization Act...

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    It's hilarious to me when right wingers vent their outrage against a Democratic President who governs like his Republican predecessor.

Apparently their disgust isn't about indefinite dentention being signed into law by BHO, it's that the POTUS has been shown to be a hypocrite.....for signing into law a conservative ideology and their domestic 'world view' that terrorists are everywhere and have no rights under the Constitution, even if they're inconveniently citizens of this country.

You guys are a piece of work.
    GH....To say BO governs like his predessor is just this side of
    hyperbole, and really isn't anywhere near accurate. If you're talking about some of his moves on the War on Terror, ( conservatives still call it that) indeed he has continued some of the Bush policies, which either makes him a quick pragmatic learner, or a bombastic promise breaker....take your pick. If you took 20 issues, ranging from deficit spending to health care, to Iraq, to immigration, to tax policy, to regulation, to abortion, gay marriage, he's still way over there in your camp on 19 of them. To say he's governing like his predecessor is about 1/20th correct. And in the end, you left wing two timers will fall in love with him all over again...you're just plain' hard to get for the moment.

Last edited by onmyknees; 01-04-2012 at 05:25 AM.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

So what are we to make of all this Ben? Here we have the Far Left Constitutional Law Professor, now President who bashed the incumbent Republican on every single one of his efforts on the war on terror from drone attacks near civilian areas, to The Patriot Act, to civilian trials for enemy combatants, to closing Gitmo. Then it came time to become Commander in Chief and put the campaign to rest. I would have liked to been a fly on the wall when Obama met with his National Security team for the first time and got a look at the raw intelligence that Bush was privileged to for 8 years, because something changed dramatically. Some might conclude he's just another politician who's flip flopped, and that's fine to think that..Liberals should hope that's all it is, because if it's something more,and I happen to think it is.... it's an indictment on the failure of the entire left wing philosophy with respect to national security. If this guy for whatever the reasons failed to implement his pre-election promises and life long ideology, that I venture to say no liberal who comes after him, regardless of what they promise, will either. . And for the record, I'm not entirely comfortable many of the provisions of the Act, but apparently BO is.

The always entertaining Alex Jones [albeit I've big disagreements with him] with the conservative economist Paul C. Roberts:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    I would have liked to been a fly on the wall when Obama met with his National Security team for the first time and got a look at the raw intelligence that Bush was privileged to for 8 years
    Any room for a second fly? I'll get coyote'd from LA in the back of a Monte Carlo.

Silver Poster

Originally Posted by onmyknees

"I would have liked to been a fly on the wall when Obama met with his National Security team for the first time and got a look at the raw intelligence that Bush was privileged to for 8 years"

Bush said as much on his way out. I cannot remember the exact quote but it was to Clinton and basically was wait till he gets a load of the shit we dealt with every day.

Obama is a skilled orator, politician and if the right thinks he is doing what the fuck he wants now, let him get elected again and not have to worry about re-election; he has shown he will do just what he thinks is right. I think the strategy of NO and blocking him at every turn is going to backfire big time.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jaxon View Post
    Originally Posted by onmyknees

"I would have liked to been a fly on the wall when Obama met with his National Security team for the first time and got a look at the raw intelligence that Bush was privileged to for 8 years"

Bush said as much on his way out. I cannot remember the exact quote but it was to Clinton and basically was wait till he gets a load of the shit we dealt with every day.

Obama is a skilled orator, politician and if the right thinks he is doing what the fuck he wants now, let him get elected again and not have to worry about re-election; he has shown he will do just what he thinks is right. I think the strategy of NO and blocking him at every turn is going to backfire big time.
    That presupposes that Obama is a magnanimous leader, as it were.
    This book (pic below -- ) by Paul Street shows that Obama isn't a left leaning leader that everyone thinks he is. And, too, as Street points out: you cannot advance in Chicago politics by being of the left.
    And here's Obama on Reagan:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51Q5jLGPuEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	444077  

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    That presupposes that Obama is a magnanimous leader, as it were.
    This book (pic below -- ) by Paul Street shows that Obama isn't a left leaning leader that everyone thinks he is. And, too, as Street points out: you cannot advance in Chicago politics by being of the left.
    And here's Obama on Reagan:

I was real careful with my words to not use leader. He is a politician and a very skilled one. Whether one feels he is a leader depends on your perspective.

LA is full of actors.....Chicago is full of politicians. I am from Chicago btw.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jaxon View Post
    I was real careful with my words to not use leader. He is a politician and a very skilled one. Whether one feels he is a leader depends on your perspective.

LA is full of actors.....Chicago is full of politicians. I am from Chicago btw.
    I agree. He's a politician.
    And a skillful politician is: the one who gets elected -- Now, well, one has to perform as a so-called politician. What does that mean? Well, a great deal of acting is involved. (Hence Ronald Reagan becoming President; Arnold Schwarzenegger becoming Governor.)
    Now, a politician has to, um, gauge the mood of his or her constituents, as it were.
    Obama was very smart about gauging what Americans wanted in 2008. So, he assessed the overall mood of the American populace and smartly realized that Americans wanted Change.
    And, too, there was a general sense of despair and despondency in the American air, as it were. So, well, invoke the word: Hope. It was brilliant. Obama is a very smart campaigner.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens this time around. How will he campaign? What catchphrases will he use.

actress/journalist/writer Rookie Poster

Red face Re: National Defense Authorization Act...

I will be discussing this on my live web talk show this sunday guys. make sure you tune in. im trying to bring this to the attention of the trans community which probably would not hear about it otherwise. too busy gettin surgeries and pumping silicone ( a alot of them anyways) lol
    tune in this sunday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larivierashow4.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	444477