Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Me singing

Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: Me singing

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Yeah, but those shows were focused on the trans angle. AI and XF focus on the music (and of course marketability).

~BB~
    Big Brother was definitely not focused on 'the trans angle'. The contestants did get increasingly freaky as the years went by, but that is not what it is about. And at it's height BB caught millions upon millions of viewers - and they legitimately voted the trans woman to win...

Although the Miriam show was all about her being ts, people still enjoyed watching it.

Also very recently there was that documentary about transsexuals - I think Britain is ready for a hot young tgirl to become famous... (hopefully for a legitimate talent - not for just being 'weird')

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    Big Brother was definitely not focused on 'the trans angle'.
    OK, maybe that one wasn't focused on the trans angle, but it obviously didn't shy away from it either. I stand by the principle.

~BB~

Senior Member Professional Poster

OK, maybe that one wasn't focused on the trans angle, but it obviously didn't shy away from it either. I stand by the principle.
    Well the focus of BB was meant to be the characters who enter the house. And my point was that a huge proportion of the British public genuinely liked the transwoman, so they voted for her to win.

That says something about a wider general acceptance doesn't it?

And I have no doubt that the vaguley 'scandalous' notion of an attractive singer being transsexual would get plenty of air time on the British X Factor! Especially in the audition stages... they would lap it up!

Therefore I stand by my principle too! (so there ...lol)

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    Well the focus of BB was meant to be the characters who enter the house. And my point was that a huge proportion of the British public genuinely liked the transwoman, so they voted for her to win.

That says something about a wider general acceptance doesn't it?

And I have no doubt that the vaguley 'scandalous' notion of an attractive singer being transsexual would get plenty of air time on the British X Factor! Especially in the audition stages... they would lap it up!

Therefore I stand by my principle too! (so there ...lol)
    It sounds like a cultural difference. Here in America, network execs seem too concerned about how shows will be perceived in Memphis, TN.

~BB~

One of the best singers I know is a transwoman. She has a hard time booking local gigs and has attempted to get onto AI and XF, but wasn't accepted. Now keep in mind that I've been singing since I was 4, I was professional quality (before transition of course), and I can honestly say that she's better than I am now.

So why wasn't she chosen? I don't think those shows want scandal. They're supposed to be family oriented, and let's face it, Chaz Bono on DWTS is a lot less threatening to middle American than a passable, beautiful, talented female singer who used to be a man. In fact, I'm sure they'd find the latter rather intimidating.

~BB~
    ..or..she just wasn't good enough.

Senior Member Junior Poster MyersJ85's Avatar

It's decent you gotta aight voice.. Your pretty hot to.. Got that whole Angelina Jolie thing goin on a little bit.. Kinda makes me wanna Raid your Tomb..

And by "Raid your Tomb", I mean have person to person intercourse with you..

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Thanks Evon. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    ..or..she just wasn't good enough.
    I'm pretty well known for being a tough critic and I can honestly say she's quality, although it's possible that she choked under pressure. I don't know; I wasn't there. I'm just saying that in my educated opinion, her voice is star quality.

~BB~

Muso to muso, you sing very well Evon. And anyone who sings for a living knows that there's a world of difference between singing in an empty room to a tinny backing track and being up on stage in front of a live audience. Your voice is as sweet as the rest of you.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback guys! but i will re upload because i just listened the music in my mac was lowered and I actually up the beat but for some reason the pitch is higher and slower on the actual recording, so I'm gonna have to record it again to he original music structure because i cannot lower the actual pitch in my laptop... Ill record later today.