Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Me singing

Default Re: Me singing

sorry its a no from me

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Great song. I actually just posted it on my Facebook two days ago. LOVE Chaka!

~BB~

HI Evon
    I will give u constructive criticism that will help you improve your vocals. First think first. Slow down, you were rushing a bit throughout the song.. Relax a little more and breathe
    The pitch of the song “ Aint Nobody” was too high for you. That is - you sang it under the pitch of the song most of the time.. However to your credit u did hit some of the Hook /Chorus at the right pitch. With some coaching and work, you can sing better, you certainly have the look and presence of an artist / performer…
    I was a long time engineer / dance remixer and djay in the past so I had worked with many artist and record many sessions. And therefore have a good ear for good vocals

Quote Originally Posted by omni69 View Post
    The pitch of the song “ Aint Nobody” was too high for you. That is - you sang it under the pitch of the song most of the time..
    I find that raising the key of the musical accompaniment of a song forces one out of that habit, particularly transwomen because of the fact that its harder to get clear higher tones from the diaphragm through a 'male' larynx without a lot of modification in the way the voice is used, particularly as it pertains to breathing and the use of nasal methods, which, normally, is verboten.

When I made my 'Tide is High' video, I realized that parts of it were coming out flat. The next week I tried it again and went higher instead of lower with the key, and viola!

~BB~

it was better watching you with the sound down.

your voice didnt seem too bad, but voice + song + bontempi organ music = mess

making loud noises at the end and shrieking doesnt do you any favours.

make more videos though, preferably showing chest and wiggling, you are lovely.

Junior Poster

you are a very lovely girl.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Even though there were tuning issues, you could probably have some success on a show like American Idol or X Factor. You'd have to ruthlessly play the T card and make a 'scandal' out of it - but I bet there's a fair bit of money to be made down that route...

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    Even though there were tuning issues, you could probably have some success on a show like American Idol or X Factor. You'd have to ruthlessly play the T card and make a 'scandal' out of it - but I bet there's a fair bit of money to be made down that route...
    One of the best singers I know is a transwoman. She has a hard time booking local gigs and has attempted to get onto AI and XF, but wasn't accepted. Now keep in mind that I've been singing since I was 4, I was professional quality (before transition of course), and I can honestly say that she's better than I am now.

So why wasn't she chosen? I don't think those shows want scandal. They're supposed to be family oriented, and let's face it, Chaz Bono on DWTS is a lot less threatening to middle American than a passable, beautiful, talented female singer who used to be a man. In fact, I'm sure they'd find the latter rather intimidating.

~BB~

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    One of the best singers I know is a transwoman. She has a hard time booking local gigs and has attempted to get onto AI and XF, but wasn't accepted. Now keep in mind that I've been singing since I was 4, I was professional quality (before transition of course), and I can honestly say that she's better than I am now.

So why wasn't she chosen? I don't think those shows want scandal. They're supposed to be family oriented, and let's face it, Chaz Bono on DWTS is a lot less threatening to middle American than a passable, beautiful, talented female singer who used to be a man. In fact, I'm sure they'd find the latter rather intimidating.

~BB~
    Yeah, you're probably right.

There's a better chance in Britain though - Something About Miriam was popular over here, and a few years ago the public voted a transsexual woman to win Big Brother (reality tv show where 'normal' people live in a house for months and are filmed 24/7).

And we definitely need scandal and sob stories in our middle England trash tv lol...

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

There's a better chance in Britain though - Something About Miriam was popular over here, and a few years ago the public voted a transsexual woman to win Big Brother (reality tv show where 'normal' people live in a house for months and are filmed 24/7).

And we definitely need scandal and sob stories in our middle England trash tv lol...
    Yeah, but those shows were focused on the trans angle. AI and XF focus on the music (and of course marketability).

~BB~