Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster

Default Petition for accurate and fair election process

Hello,

In order for our votes to matter, they must be counted accurately. We need paper-ballot voting. Unfortunately, the Republican leadership has resisted every call for real reform from Democrats like Rush Holt and John Conyers. Well, we can`t wait any longer for the Republicans in Congress to act. The only way to protect our elections is to go right to the source by reaching out to town and county election officials. In most areas, these officials have the power to ensure fair and accurate voting systems even if our elected officials in Washington won`t act.

Today I`m joining thousands of other Americans and calling on our county election officials to demonstrate that their systems allow voters to verify their choices and officials to conduct recounts. Please join me and add your name to the call for accountability:

http://tools.democracyforamerica.com...243e7a4dbc1177

Both the Government Accountability Office and the bi-partisan Carter/Baker Commission have resoundingly condemned touchscreen electronic voting systems as lacking even the most basic security and reliability. In one test after another, electronic voting systems are failing at rates of 30% or higher. Both reports recommend paper-ballot voting as the gold standard. Please join me and call for accountability:

http://tools.democracyforamerica.com...243e7a4dbc1177

Thank you.

Platinum Poster

Agreed, Caleigh...and we need to keep this thread alive. No more stolen elections! When I vote for the lesser of two evils, I want my vote to count.

I'd advise you to not waste your time.

>> Click here << fore more info.

Professional Poster

Plus we need to get rid of the smegging electoral college.

Lot's of times candidates win or lose with the electoral vote, but would otherwise have won via the popular vote, which is the more accurate one.

In the electoral college, we vote so the electorals vote, which is a big pile of gorilla poop.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Petition for accurate and fair election process

Quote Originally Posted by Caleigh
    Hello,

In order for our votes to matter, they must be counted accurately. We need paper-ballot voting. .
    Your premise assumes that votes are currently not counted accurately(and therefore I presume George Bush becomes president).

I'll ignore for the moment that you are beating the crap out of an already dead and worm ridden corpse of a horse.

I will simply point out to you that you miss one little detail....

There is no proof whatsoever that there was irregularities in the presidential elections in 2000 and 2004.

As proof without much research, I will point out that both Janet Reno while still AG and the NAACP conducted inquiries into the Florida portion of the 2000 presidential elections and found no irregularities nor tainted ballots.
    Funny how the mainstream news missed out on that one(Much like its also odd that no one mentions on the news that Slobodon Milosovic will never be convicted of any crimes due to lack of evidence nor will mainstream news mention that the intelligence we had as to genocide and mass graves in Kosovo was faulty and that more innocents were killed by US bombs than by any so called genocide).

I will also point out that many(most?) of the touch screen systems are being implemented in heavily democratic areas such as Los Angeles County. So maybe you would like to refocus the target of your accusations?

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

You wouldn't be pushing this petition around if John Kerry had won.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by InHouston
    You wouldn't be pushing this petition around if John Kerry had won.
    You mean after Al Gore won, right?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Veteran Poster

OMG, you liberals STILL complaining about the elections?!?!?! This is hilarious! Keep it coming!!!

DEM bums arent gonna win in 2008 either!!!

Platinum Poster

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heckuva_monkey_103.gif 
Views:	884 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	37387  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe