Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Default Re: Is it really so bad to live your entire life alone?

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    My point has consistently been that it is not easy to trust people when you've been hurt in the past. And that is why it takes strength.
    And my point has consistently been that takes strength and/or stupidity, depending on the circumstances, and stupidity is weakness. I'm not avoiding anything you've said. You just like to argue even more than I do.

~BB~

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    I'm not avoiding anything you've said. You just like to argue even more than I do.

~BB~
    no way...you're #1.

Senior Member Professional Poster

And my point has consistently been that takes strength and/or stupidity, depending on the circumstances, and stupidity is weakness. I'm not avoiding anything you've said. You just like to argue even more than I do.

~BB~
    lol. You don't have to trust everyone, just be open to the possibility if you meet someone you want to trust.

That's all I'm really saying... Just don't give in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Living alone is not the same as living in isolation; being alone is not the same as being lonely. Some people are not suited to marriage or relationships, certainly not conventional ones; all you need to do -all anyone needs to do- is be honest with yourself about what constitutes your optimum level of satisfaction. Some people can't survive without someone at home and in their lives, if you can, it is still possible to have friends and be convivial, and you can completely control your own home and not get angry because someone is playing music that drives you mad, or is in the bathroom at the wrong time, or brings home someone you don't like, and so on. Ultimately, its about who you are as a person; when you know you have made the right choice, that is what it will be. I don't understand this mania for marriage and relationships that people have, when they are so obviously no good at any of it. You only have the one life, make it your own. One benefit of living alone is that you can watch any film you want anytime, or spend the whole morning or afternoon writing, or spend the whole day listening to Wagner -and there is noone there to interrupt you and demand your attention, except maybe the phone, but you can turn that off, and should.
    Was going to post my opinion on this but Stavros seemed to sum it up pretty well above. This thread must have struck a chord with some (especially with the upcoming Christmas / New Year Holiday) because it got a lot of replies relatively quickly (even if you subtract the bickering posts). Was going to give you my reply including personal life experience.... but that would just go on forever (especially since I've been drinking..lol)
    Like me...you will learn in time what you really want (though at 49...I'm still learning...but also being more honest with myself) That doesn't help you in the meantime or the years to come, I know....but life really sucks and that's the way it is.
    ...except when it's awesome...which it also sometimes is.

BTW, you gave some very good advice to Ashley early on.

Note to Yvonne (...and Bella too):..Some people, either through personal experience or chemical imbalance or where they landed at random on the planet when they were born...really got the shit end of the stick. You are probably one of those people. Seems like not too much light in your darkness. This being a TS oriented site: probably less light in a lot of people's darkness.
    ..but it's there. even if it's just a pixel of light. It's there. Look for it in the little things...things you enjoy even just a little bit...and there's always music...and art...these are wonderful things.
    Also look for it in other people that have similar experiences. Talk to other people with the same problems and maybe even help a younger person that you recognize yourself in and throw them a lifeline.
    ...wish I had more.
    Chin up.(now I'm gonna smoke a dube and watch a stupid movie really loud cause there's no one here to nag me and tell me I can't...love living alone...muahh.)

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    lol. You don't have to trust everyone, just be open to the possibility if you meet someone you want to trust.

That's all I'm really saying... Just don't give in.
    That I most certainly agree with - we should remain open to possibilities but that means not opening the door first but rather finding out who or what is on the other side of the door first.

If your negative life experiences outweigh the positive (even if you just perceive life that way) then the natural thing to do is allow your experiences to guide you. Likewise if the positive outweighs the negative then let that guide you. I do know people who have had terrible things happen them but yet they consciously try to project positive actions and thoughts - it works for them or at least they say it works for them. Nothing wrong with that - for all I know they could be crying themselves to sleep every night but feel they must be 'courageous' and show the world a good face. That doesn't work for me as I don't lie to myself.

Last edited by runningdownthatdream; 12-11-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    ..but it's there. even if it's just a pixel of light. It's there. Look for it in the little things...things you enjoy even just a little bit...and there's always music...and art...these are wonderful things.
    Also look for it in other people that have similar experiences. Talk to other people with the same problems and maybe even help a younger person that you recognize yourself in and throw them a lifeline.
    ...wish I had more.
    Chin up.
    Well said Fred. (a bit like Right Said Fred, but less gay... lol)

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    That I most certainly agree with - we should remain open to possibilities
    Nice compromise... I'll take it.

Veteran Poster

Get a shrink. You should be able to talk to your partner, but they're not responsible for your mental health, even if they think they are.

~BB~
    never said they were. That special mate already brings you a relentless joy and happiness but the added element combined with your own strength is their support,compassion is that much more of stronger support group for what you face in life. And this goes Both ways to Both mates. sorry that you apparently haven't discovered this but you still have a full road ahead of you. Hopes to you.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

~BB~

Banned for being a cunt & multiple usernames Junior Poster justafreak's Avatar

not bad at all, I actually preferred it

Junior Poster

GOOD QUESTION> >I FEEL SIMILAR! im too weird and awesome and i like quiet and thinking.. and when someone is always in my life 24/7 i cannot think about what i want! its ruff