Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Muppets are Commies!

Lol.

It ain't easy being green, but according to Fox Business, Kermit the Frog and his Muppet friends are reds.
    Last week, on the network's "Follow the Money" program, host Eric Bolling went McCarthy on the new, Disney-released film, "The Muppets," insisting that its storyline featuring an evil oil baron made it the latest example of Hollywood's so-called liberal agenda.
    Bolling, who took issue with the baron's name, Tex Richman, was joined by Dan Gainor of the conservative Media Research Center, who was uninhibited with his criticism.
    "It's amazing how far the left will go just to manipulate your kids, to convince them, give the anti-corporate message," he said. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1129173.html

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: The Muppets are Commies!

Are you being ironic? Most of the world's oil and gas -about 90% of it- is owned by state-owned companies in the Middle East and Latin America -none of them communist. Indeed, after the break up of the USSR, Russian resources were privatized -'ex-communists' selling prize assets to each other in what one book has called The Sale of the Century (Chrystia Freedland). Mexico nationalised its resources in 1938 -an act of nationalism, as Cardenas was not a Communist.

If that isn't good enough Rockefeller's Standard Oil empire, known as the Octopus because it has its 'fingers' in a slice of almost every money-making pie in energy hungry America, was stripped and broken up by the Gods of Capitalism in Washington DC.

Oil companies more than in any other industry have been the go-to bastards to hate and vilify because of their sometimes very real collusion with government, and their occasional collusion against it -Oil Barons make good copy, be it Upton Sinclair's novel Oil!, There Will be Blood, Giant, Dallas, or the overthrow of the democratically elected nationalist Musadeq in Iran in 1953, an act that resonates to this day (even if the failure of Musadeq himself is not as well scrutinised, another Iranian failing).

And yes, some of the harshest critics of corporate capitalism are in the Tea Party -but I guess they are also communists, in an American sense of the term....

Yeah it's pretty obvious. Just look how pink Miss Piggy is. Between this & the Teletubbies trying to infect them with "the gay", our children are doomed.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Junior Poster

im quite impressed with their acting skills
    it cant be easy to deliver these lines with a straight face

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Nothing to see here. Move along. What kid hasn't been hooked by either FISHER PRICE or HASBRO or LEGO etc. not to mention CHRISTIANITY or JUDAISM or ISLAM or HINDUISM etc. or the PLEDGE TO THE FLAG or the STAR SPANGLE BANNER? Getting them while they're young in the name of profit and power is an ancient and time honored practice. Aren't most Saturday morning cartoons simply dual delivery systems for pushing toys and at the same time indoctrinating kids with the most simplistic black vs white sort of morality? The willful survive it and the rest pull us all down

That said, the Muppets have a point:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/02/us...ll-leases.html

Last edited by trish; 12-06-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

I love how angry the host gets when someone starts telling the truth. So dumb, how everyone takes sides. I think the issues this country is facing is not a Republican/Democrat problem. Its a system problem.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Nothing to see here. Move along. What kid hasn't been hooked by either FISHER PRICE or HASBRO or LEGO etc. not to mention CHRISTIANITY or JUDAISM or ISLAM or HINDUISM etc. or the PLEDGE TO THE FLAG or the STAR SPANGLE BANNER? Getting them while they're young in the name of profit and power is an ancient and time honored practice. Aren't most Saturday morning cartoons simply dual delivery systems for pushing toys and at the same time indoctrinating kids with the most simplistic black vs white sort of morality? The willful survive it and the rest pull us all down

That said, the Muppets have a point:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/02/us...ll-leases.html

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Senior Member Professional Poster

Sam the Eagle is at this thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sam_eagle.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	438305  

Hottie in progress :P Rookie Poster KarinaGiselle's Avatar

This has to be the WORST trolling I've ever seen in my life -_-"

Oh wait, it's FAUX News! God I can't believe people actually watch that!

Either way, is the movie good?

Last edited by KarinaGiselle; 12-15-2011 at 03:35 AM.

It's a bunch of hand puppets. How "good" are you expecting?

I predict my 6 year old grandson will think it's the greatest movie ever made, for at least a couple of weeks.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~