Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: Another One Bites...

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    If you'd gone to college, maybe you would have learned how to spell "eminently," how to conjugate English verbs, and how to punctuate a sentence. Once you'd mastered remedial composition, you might have gone on to take a course titled "Politics 101," in which you would have learned that sometimes interest groups, such as corporations, make monetary donations to politicians, such as mayors, in order to further that particular group's self interest. It is a relatively common process by which one transforms monetary power into political power.
    well ....look who's back. Where ya been??. Occupy Seattle? What's interesting about your post is I was taking on Obama, and you in turn chose to make it personal with me. Now I'm not above that either, by any means, but yours was unsolicited, which says more about you, and your "education" than it does me. Interesting, and I'm sure unknown by you is that's another Alinski tactic....demonize your enemy. It also indicates a lack of substance on your part. Who sounds dumb now ?

Shit the last time I recall you posting was when Obama was at 60% approval....lmao.... If I have to explain the equation to you, and what he REALLY meant by it, then you wouldn't understand anyway. You're another sycophant who fell for the Hope and Change, and you're too heavily invested in it to reverse and admit maybe you made a mistake, and the country is in shambles. Deeply divided and leaderless. If you got your educated head out your lard ass, you'd understand your guy has taken more Wall Street and Corporate money than any president in history. I understand that doesn't quit dove tail into your narrative about liberals fighting for the little guy...., but it's a fact. He's simply putting into practice what he scrolled on the chalk board years before, similar to what Blaggo did. It's the Chicago way. It's crony capitalism,...It's Solyndra. It's a billion dollars for the 2012 run. Now does it make more sense to you????? For somebody judging others education, you're pretty dense. Since you infer you're a pretty smart guy....I attribute your inability to decipher what I was trying to say to ignorance and ideology. But you can use spell check at least...lol

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

You can't, the word you're looking for is "quite."

I understand that doesn't quit dove tail into ...

Last edited by trish; 12-07-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Ya, wish we had a guy like this...

The leader of 57 states, one even in Asia. The man with a lower approval rating than Jimmy Carter. Like shooting ducks on a pond.. We could run Pat Paulson and beat him.

Republicans love Obama. They can't stop talking about him, irrespective of the subject at hand. They;re all panting & jizz-craving like a bunch of groupies.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Rock Chick from Notts UK Rookie Poster sammitv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammitv View Post
    Really wtf!?

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    well ....look who's back. Where ya been??. Occupy Seattle? What's interesting about your post is I was taking on Obama, and you in turn chose to make it personal with me. Now I'm not above that either, by any means, but yours was unsolicited, which says more about you, and your "education" than it does me. Interesting, and I'm sure unknown by you is that's another Alinski tactic....demonize your enemy. It also indicates a lack of substance on your part. Who sounds dumb now ?

Shit the last time I recall you posting was when Obama was at 60% approval....lmao.... If I have to explain the equation to you, and what he REALLY meant by it, then you wouldn't understand anyway. You're another sycophant who fell for the Hope and Change, and you're too heavily invested in it to reverse and admit maybe you made a mistake, and the country is in shambles. Deeply divided and leaderless. If you got your educated head out your lard ass, you'd understand your guy has taken more Wall Street and Corporate money than any president in history. I understand that doesn't quit dove tail into your narrative about liberals fighting for the little guy...., but it's a fact. He's simply putting into practice what he scrolled on the chalk board years before, similar to what Blaggo did. It's the Chicago way. It's crony capitalism,...It's Solyndra. It's a billion dollars for the 2012 run. Now does it make more sense to you????? For somebody judging others education, you're pretty dense. Since you infer you're a pretty smart guy....I attribute your inability to decipher what I was trying to say to ignorance and ideology. But you can use spell check at least...lol
    Sweetheart, it's not an equation, it's a flow chart. If it were an equation, it would have a little equal symbol in it, like this: =. It's illustrating a fairly fundamental concept, that is, the negotiation and transfer of political power between interest groups. You think it's something insidious because because you're ignorant, and you simply believe whatever they tell you on Free Republic. If you were educated, you would recognize it as something quite mundane.

Which is, basically, the issue with Barack Obama and his administration. It's pretty mundane. That's why I didn't vote for him in the first place, and that's why I won't vote for him next year. He's a completely unremarkable centrist Democrat, and I don't support the Democratic Party.

But, by all means, get yourself all worked up over things you don't understand. Jump up and down and act like a fifth-grader on an Internet forum. You plainly have nothing better to do with your time.

And it's Alinsky, with a y. If it were me, I would be a little embarrassed to so publicly misrepresent something I hadn't read. But that's one of the many important differences between you and me.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    My bad, the reference to JC was comparing poll numbers at the same point in the presidential term.
    Ahh, I didn't realize we were using arbitrary data points. But nonetheless, this nicely illustrates the folly of trying to make a meaningful point by comparing presidential approval numbers.

For one thing, you posted a graph of Rasmussen's approval data. Rasmussen didn't exist during the Carter Administration, so you have no comparative data.

Gallup, however, has data covering both administrations. Barack Obama's Gallup approval rating hit its nadir in September 2011 at 38%. In September of 1979, Carter's approval rating was 30%, which, again, is lower.

Nonetheless, Barack Obama's latest Gallup number is 41%. In December of 1979, Jimmy Carter's approval rating was 54%.

Oh my goodness, you might exclaim. How on earth did Jimmy Carter increase his approval rating by 24 percentage points in three months, particularly given that Carter is history's greatest monster? Well, Carter didn't really do anything. On November 4, 1979, Iranian students stormed the U.S. embassy in Tehran and took 52 American diplomats hostage. That event led to a surge of patriotism in the U.S., which translated into a spike in the U.S. president's approval rating. Jimmy Carter, history's greatest monster, had a 58% approval rating in January 1980, ten months before Ronald Reagan crushed him in the general.

But hey, playing arbitrary data points can be lots of fun. For instance, in late January 1983, Ronald Reagan's approval rating was 35%. In late January 2011, Barack Obama's approval rating was 48%. Even better, in late January 1979, Carter's approval rating was 43%. How about that? Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter are more popular than Ronald Reagan!

Ultimately, the point is that it's quite naïve to sit here, 11 months out from the general election, and make any sort of pronouncement about who's going to win. You have no idea at all whether or not Obama will be re-elected. If there's some sort of national security event between now and November 2012, Obama could beat even Zombie Reagan. If the Eurozone collapses, then even Newt could beat him. If nothing happens, then, based on current poll numbers, Obama will probably be re-elected. But you'd have to be an idiot to take that bet.

This kind of football-fan approach to political participation -- rah rah my team's gonna win! -- is pointless and quite silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    Really wtf!?
    LOL...
    Hey, it's every bit as relevant to this thread as that picture of the President on a bicycle & all the inane redirects since.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~