Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another One Bites...

Herman Cain is done. Well almost... A suspension allows him to keep pulling in money as if he wasn't a has been.

So now it's off to "plan B". Apparently, that means getting on the professional whiner circuit so he can beg for money & blame the media for all his problems. He claims he's not going away. I think the guild of American standup comedians should give him a stipend as long as he tries to stay in the public eye.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Another One Bites...

Couldn't happen to a dumber guy... or gal. Oh wait... considering the GOP lineup, it can and it will.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Ya, wish we had a guy like this...

The leader of 57 states, one even in Asia. The man with a lower approval rating than Jimmy Carter. Like shooting ducks on a pond.. We could run Pat Paulson and beat him.

Last edited by Faldur; 12-04-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I bet you do, but you don't.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post

I don't know who he is, but he looks like the bloke with relationship problems who used to serve drinks in a bar called Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I don't know who he is, but he looks like the bloke with relationship problems who used to serve drinks in a bar called Cheers...
    Well there goes my theory of a special Olympics 1k cyclist..

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

It all seemed so imminently doable while teaching dopey college kids at The University of Chicago, but when it came to actually governing....well not so much !

.Notice the flow chart indicating the flow of money and power out of productive businesses (“CORP”) and into the political class (“MAYOR”). The heading at the top reads “POWER ANALYSIS”. The sub-heading reads “RELATIONSHIPS BUILD ON SELF INTEREST”. The symbol on the arrow between “CORP” and “MAYOR” is the “$” sign
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obama-alinsky.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	437755  

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    The man with a lower approval rating than Jimmy Carter.
    Jimmy Carter's approval rating bottomed out on July 2, 1979, at 28%. When he left office in January 1980, his approval rating was 34%. According to the graph that you posted, it does not appear that Obama's approval rating crossed the solid line at 40%. I'm not sure where you learned mathematics -- percentages can be complex -- but FYI, 40% is actually higher than both 28% and 34%. Just so you know....

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    It all seemed so imminently doable while teaching dopey college kids at The University of Chicago, but when it came to actually governing....well not so much !

.Notice the flow chart indicating the flow of money and power out of productive businesses (“CORP”) and into the political class (“MAYOR”). The heading at the top reads “POWER ANALYSIS”. The sub-heading reads “RELATIONSHIPS BUILD ON SELF INTEREST”. The symbol on the arrow between “CORP” and “MAYOR” is the “$” sign
    If you'd gone to college, maybe you would have learned how to spell "eminently," how to conjugate English verbs, and how to punctuate a sentence. Once you'd mastered remedial composition, you might have gone on to take a course titled "Politics 101," in which you would have learned that sometimes interest groups, such as corporations, make monetary donations to politicians, such as mayors, in order to further that particular group's self interest. It is a relatively common process by which one transforms monetary power into political power.

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    Jimmy Carter's approval rating bottomed out on July 2, 1979, at 28%. When he left office in January 1980, his approval rating was 34%. According to the graph that you posted, it does not appear that Obama's approval rating crossed the solid line at 40%. I'm not sure where you learned mathematics -- percentages can be complex -- but FYI, 40% is actually higher than both 28% and 34%. Just so you know....
    My bad, the reference to JC was comparing poll numbers at the same point in the presidential term.