Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Entering Hungangels through the back door!!! Yeah!

Get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about the website, not a TS. Since the remodeling of the site, if I try to enter through the homepage, it gets hung up on the second page (the one after the warning). So I have to go directly to the forum, which operates normally.

In web slang, this is called entering a site through the back door, compared to going through the first or home page, which is called entering a site through the front door.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I just bookmark the forum index page and bypass the rest.

By "stuck", what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    I just bookmark the forum index page and bypass the rest.
    Likewise.

Though the thought of entering a hung angel through the backdoor...

*Sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Likewise.

Though the thought of entering a hung angel through the backdoor...

*Sigh*
    I think it's interesting that EdelweissFan gets HUNG up on the second page.

After days of frustration, I've finally figured out my problem. I could never stay logged in. Most of my posts never made it onto to the forum cause the site would take me back to the login page.

When I bypassed the AOL browser and went directly to an internet explorer, it got fixed. So I guess the new site is not compatible for us retards still using AOL. Any thoughts on this ecstatic?

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    After days of frustration, I've finally figured out my problem. I could never stay logged in. Most of my posts never made it onto to the forum cause the site would take me back to the login page.

When I bypassed the AOL browser and went directly to an internet explorer, it got fixed. So I guess the new site is not compatible for us retards still using AOL. Any thoughts on this ecstatic?
    Actually, it's not that surprising, flabby. The AOL browser sucks. Always has, always will. It's a compromised browser (for good reason, as far as AOL is concerned). It's fast and lightweight, but lacks a great many useful features, such as a useful back button. And it can't handle session management (such as in a forum environment) well at all. Moreover, if you lose your AOL connection (deliberately or accidentally), your browser closes and you lose all history.

I always recommend to people who use AOL as their ISP to login to AOL, then minimize AOL and open IE or Firefox or Netscape and browse outside of AOL. Then you'll get all the features of a real browser (though some would say IE isn't a "real" browser), and if your AOL connection goes south, your browser remains open with history in place, allowing you to work offline.

The AOL browser sucks. Always has, always will.
    Nawwww! Really?

Yah, it sux, and not in any way we might truly appreciate.

I've worked HA outside of AOL since day one. For whatever reason, it just wouldn't function in the AOL environment. Though, until the redesign of HA, I was never able to get the auto-sign-in to work right. Now it's hunky-dory.

Oddly enough, I am on another php-based forum that works better =in= AOL. Damn that Steve Case and his schizoid code!

I envy you, E, there is a stamp show right down the road from you this month. :P Closest to me is fifty miles away.

I've never been much for philately, Brd1 (wasn't he one of the pre-Socratic philosophers?). Kind of like being into goldfish: I can understand the fascination, but I just haven't the patience for it!

Platinum Poster

I just hope that no one "goes postal" at the stamp show...

rim shot, please...no... not that kind...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe