View Poll Results: Is this cartoon unfair? And to whom?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is this cartoon unfair to Rumsfeld and the administration?

3 12.00%
  • Is this cartoon a fair portrayal of how Rumsfeld and the administration view injured vets?

4 16.00%
  • Is this cartoon far too easy on Rumsfeld and the administration?

3 12.00%
  • It doesn't matter how many are killed or injured, it is for a noble cause

1 4.00%
  • I'd like to see the lying neocon chickenhawks such as rumsfeld buried up to their neck in an anthill in Iraq

13 52.00%
  • I was looking for the thread on big cock, smoking Tgirls who light their farts

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Default Is this cartoon unfair? And to whom?

The Joint Chiefs are upset at this cartoon.

Do they have a right to be upset? Are we doing enough for the 8,000 severely injured veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan? The war in Iraq is a war that many citizens, including active and former military, consider a mistake...yet the number of casualties and severely injured keep growing...

Chiefs Of Staff complaint-
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020102465.html

An article regarding health care of Iraq vets-

Why are things so bad for the 8,000 soldiers severely injured in Iraq and Afghanistan, that private citizens have to raise money for their care?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10842565/site/newsweek/

Note that the cartoon refers to the US Army, and is not making light of any particular soldier's horrible plight ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hardened_171.jpg 
Views:	2634 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	36971  

Rookie Poster

They wanted this war, they got this war..and these are the consquences. We aren't required to lock step behind them when they do fucked up things. Let their complaints fall on deaf ears.

Platinum Poster

VAIW - Veterans Against The Iraq War

Support the Troops, Oppose the Policy

http://www.vaiw.org/vet/index.php

The following rant is directed at no one on this board:

I doubt I will ever comprehend the portrayed sensitivity of our troops. It seems like every time somebody wants to discuss things, or share their doubts, some Whitehouse blowhard has to piss and moan about how that kind of stuff is "bad for the troops."

These men and women in the armed forces get shot at, blown up, sometimes imprisoned and killed. But some guy in Washington talking is gonna hurt their feelings? Do America a favor and stop making our soldiers look like pansies.

Gold Poster

Unfair to no one,rumsfield brought that upon himself now that a cartoonist wants to tell the truth about him,he wants to act like a crybaby, i really think the cartoonist didnt want to disrespect the soldiers but hurt rumsfield and it did just that.

Rookie Poster

Not entirely sure how I feel about that one, Mike. I guess I'll have to say that I don't like it when either side uses soldiers like that. Sure the Republicans are responsible for the war, but I saw first hand a lot of the areas affected by cutbacks instituted during the Clinton years. Then again, I've seen things like 2 46" Plasma TVs that were purchased for no appearent reason and are used to monitor, hell, I don't even know what. I guess my point is that no one side is to blame for soldiers lacking sufficient care. Leftists/Rightists, 'neocons', Pentagon Brass..plenty of blame to go around- but PLEASE leave the soldiers out of it!

I do agree with Nightmare, to a certain degree. Quit treating the men and women of the armed forces like sensitive, little ninnies. I hate it when soldiers are used as political props.

::author's note:: before you bash me let me state that: 1) I liked Clinton, thought he was an allright Pres (but I do hate his wife), 2) I'm neither Republican nor Democrat, in fact, I hate the two party system, don't believe in democracy (not that we live in one anyway) because the majority of people are too stupid to be making decisions that might affect world history and 3) I'm just a simple Marine throwing in my two cents on the cartoon. thanks for your time.

The Joint Chiefs didn't write a letter over this
    http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/docs/Anti-Cleland.rm
    or any other other part of the Chambliss campaign that accused Max Cleland, a decorated solidier who lost both legs and an arm in Vietnam, of cowardice and "breaking his oath to protect and defend the Constitution."

Chambliss did not participate in Vietnam. He had a bad knee.

You'd think Generals might be a little better at picking their battles?

FK

Rookie Poster

Default I Love Cartoons

Notice how innocent-looking cartoons are pissing so many people off? Rumsfeld, intolerant Muslims who want to kill all Danish people for daring to make fun of their religion...

I seem to remember that Boss Tweed, here in NYC, never cared about the newspaper reports about his corruption, greed and graft... But the cartoons (mostly by Thomas Nast) drove him nuts!!!

We need more cartoons in the world, and less hard-headed, evil, corrupt bigots.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fishman33
    Not entirely sure how I feel about that one, Mike. I guess I'll have to say that I don't like it when either side uses soldiers like that. Sure the Republicans are responsible for the war, but I saw first hand a lot of the areas affected by cutbacks instituted during the Clinton years. Then again, I've seen things like 2 46" Plasma TVs that were purchased for no appearent reason and are used to ., hell, I don't even know what. I guess my point is that no one side is to blame for soldiers lacking sufficient care. Leftists/Rightists, 'neocons', Pentagon Brass..plenty of blame to go around- but PLEASE leave the soldiers out of it!

I do agree with Nightmare, to a certain degree. Quit treating the men and women of the armed forces like sensitive, little ninnies. I hate it when soldiers are used as political props.

::author's note:: before you bash me let me state that: 1) I liked Clinton, thought he was an allright Pres (but I do hate his wife), 2) I'm neither Republican nor Democrat, in fact, I hate the two party system, don't believe in democracy (not that we live in one anyway) because the majority of people are too stupid to be making decisions that might affect world history and 3) I'm just a simple Marine throwing in my two cents on the cartoon. thanks for your time.
    Fishman, while I don't agree with the whole of your post, I always respect your opinions and demeanor. My dad (may he rest in peace) was a jarhead who served in the hell known as the Korean war, and you and I were part of the same branch of the military...you Marines being part of our Navy, I mean... Semper Fi and Anchors Away!

My two cents. I can't get enough political cartoons. They give me some of my best laughs, but more than that, a good cartoon can communicate an idea more effectively than 20 minutes of television or a page of writing. keep them coming.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.